Windows 10: Prevent Logmein from Changing Default Printer

Discus and support Prevent Logmein from Changing Default Printer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Logmein seemingly has an ongoing, unsolved issue and I wondered if there's a Windows solution to it. When logging in remotely, Logmein finds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul Spencer Wollcon, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Prevent Logmein from Changing Default Printer

Hi,

Logmein seemingly has an ongoing, unsolved issue and I wondered if there's a Windows solution to it.

When logging in remotely, Logmein finds any remotely connected printer and sets it as the default printer for the host computer. This is silly to start with, but also causes problems with Excel where the files are corrupted when opened again later when the remote printer is no longer available.

Is there a way to prevent an application like Logmein from being able to change the default printer when it connects?

Thanks for any thoughts you have.

Paul

:)

Paul Spencer Wollcon, Sep 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 Sets Last Printer Used As Default Printer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the printer settings and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type as “settings”.
    • Go to “settings” and select “devices”.
    • Click on “printers and scanners” option on the left hand side.
    • You will find all your printers listed on the screen, below that there is an option
      “Let Windows manage my default printer”.
    • I suggest you to turn “OFF” the option “When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer”.
    • Now check whether you can choose the other printers or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 29, 2020
  3. WiIfred P Win User
    Logmein window won't close

Yes Mekendar. The link would direct you to a support page that contains steps on how to disable 3rd party applications running in the background. You would need to follow that instruction on that support page. But on step 3, instead of clicking Disable
    all, kindly go over the list and just uncheck LogMeIn or LMI. Same thing with Step 5. Look if LogMeIn or LMI is on the list and disable it. If there's none, you may skip Step 5.

WiIfred P, Sep 29, 2020
  4. WiIfred P Win User

Prevent Logmein from Changing Default Printer

Logmein window won't close

Alright let's try this one. Follow the steps on the link provided.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/929135...

But on step 3, instead of clicking Disable all, kindly go over the list and just uncheck LogMeIn or LMI. Same thing with Step 5. Look if LogMeIn or LMI is on the list and disable it. If there's none, you may skip Step 5.

WiIfred P, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Prevent Logmein from Changing Default Printer

1. Prevent Logmein from Changing Default Printer - Similar Threads - Prevent Logmein Changing

2. Default printer keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default printer keeps changing: I have set my default printer to Adobe PDF. I do occasionally print to an actual printer. I have turned off the "let windows manage printers" option. I have verified the Registry Editor has been changed from "0" to "1". Why does it still keep changing the default printer?...
  3. My default apps Preventing MS from changing settings

in Windows 10 Support
    My default apps Preventing MS from changing settings: I use Irfanview 64 bit as my default image viewer app. It has been a while since I tried accessing my images. Today I noticed that the tools menu was missing from this app. I finally figured out that the toolbar skin had been changed from Default to some other setting. I went...
  4. Default Printer keeps changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Printer keeps changing: it seems whenever i use a PDF printer like Microsoft Print to PDF or PDF Factory, my default printer changes to that PDF printer even though i have the option to let windows select the printer set to off. Is there a way to stop this?...
  5. Preventing Windows from unauthorized changing of default sound devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preventing Windows from unauthorized changing of default sound devices: Hey folks, I handle many audio devices on my Windows PC. And successfully so, as long as Windows is distracted. There is the Realtek system audio. Then all three Monitors bring their audio capabilities and drivers through HDMI and Display Port and the projector as well. There...
  6. Prevent Windows from Changing Default PDF App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent Windows from Changing Default PDF App: I'm using Nitro pro as my default pdf reader, editor. Win 10 keeps changing it every time to MS Edge. How can I stop this behaviour? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prevent-windows-from-changing-default-pdf-app/12c74e04-52d8-45bc-b8a6-95aeaa200df9
  7. logmein

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    logmein: I had a windows support tech help me with issues after downloading windows 10 and now the logmein boxes won't disappear. I'm an elderly non tech savvy person and even youtube is not helping me understand this. How do I get rid of this please in simple language. thanks...
  8. Default printer changes

Default printer changes: [img] [img] I use a samsung printer as my default printer. I also have a Dymo labelwriter 450 twin turbo. When i print a lable on my dymo printer win 10 will set the dymo to my default printer which i obviously don't want. I have "Let windows manage my default printer"...
  9. Windows changes printer default

Windows changes printer default: I have seen this problem discussed before but never seen an answer that worked. Since the last upgrade, windows defaults to OneNote as a printer even though my HP is the default in settings. I do not have the "Let Windows..." box checked and I have re-installed all my...
  10. Change printer default settings

Change printer default settings: How do you change printer default settings from color to black and white on windows 10? I have office365 also. Does that make a difference? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/change-printer-default-settings/6f785f32-dec4-448c-8259-0dfc85477859