Windows 10: Prevent lost text?

Discus and support Prevent lost text? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've done this several times. I'm typing in notepad and somehow I clicked something that highlighted the whole paragraph I've been typing, and because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/the_circus, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Prevent lost text?

I've done this several times. I'm typing in notepad and somehow I clicked something that highlighted the whole paragraph I've been typing, and because I'm typing I type and the paragraph's gone. I instantly hit ctrl-Z, but all that does is toggle the last few words I've written on and off. Everything I actually typed is gone. Is there any way to stop this?

submitted by /u/the_circus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/the_circus, Nov 16, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Lost text

Hi Martha,

There are a lot of possible factor for a text or a
    word document to be lost. To isolate the issue, I have some questions for you:

• What application did you use to create the text document?

• Were there any changes made before the text was lost?

• Were there any recent application installed?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 16, 2020
  3. text suggestion

Hi, Alp Patel.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To enable text suggestion on your Lumia 640, you may follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings under your App list.

2. Search for Keyboard.

3. Tap the keyboard you're using to make changes.

4. Check the checkbox for "Suggest text".

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Cristal Reg, Nov 16, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

Prevent lost text?

List of tooltip texts

• Do not translate the IDS_ strings, only what's inside the "s
    • \n is a newline character that acts like "return" is pressed. so text\n\ntext2 adds a blank line between "text" and "text2"
    • %s is replaced by some inserted text, you may move the %s to other positions within the text, but if multiple %s are present they will be inserted in the same order in all languages

W1zzard, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Prevent lost text?

1. Prevent lost text? - Similar Threads - Prevent lost text

2. my folders and excel lost text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my folders and excel lost text: my pc was running slowly, so I restarted it Sunday morning. I did nothing with my pc til Monday morning. I had to use the power button to turn it on and discovered the text are missing when using windows explorer for folders and the text is missing in my excel spreadsheets....
  3. How to prevent Apps from accessing Texts or Messages in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent Apps from accessing Texts or Messages in Windows 10: [ATTACH]As a Windows 10 PC user, you might be much concerned about your privacy, and you might want to block some of the apps to access your texts or messages. In this post, we will show you how to prevent apps from accessing Texts or Messages in Windows 10. If you don’t use...
  4. How to prevent Microsoft Text Input Application from starting safely?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent Microsoft Text Input Application from starting safely?: I Am searching for a way to prevent Microsoft Text Input Application from starting. Process name: TextInputHost.exe. You can rename its folder, but it will generate a lot of DCOM 10001 errors in Event Viewer. Like 300 in couple of days. Some DCOM errors can be safely ignored,...
  5. lost the text

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost the text: why the text of my pc doesnt appear after i shut down and update a program? for example text that dissappear is like file's name in folder, dekstop file's name, control panel texts, and dtc....
  6. Text get lost and do not show

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Text get lost and do not show: When I work, my laptop gets very slow, but then works again, but now some text and icons are not showing, see screenshots What can I do do fix this problem. Look at the words, missing or in the wrong place. [ATTACH][ATTACH]. What can I do do fix this problem....
  7. Lost manuscript text

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost manuscript text: I am an author, and have lost approximately 4 chapters of text in one story and cannot add to another. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-manuscript-text/9954452e-88b7-43ca-a343-16f0cf5c4766
  8. Text lost in programs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Text lost in programs.: Exl. Paint : no text. New file, S ave itc. Contr-alt-delete applications emty too, only graphics, no text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-lost-in-programs/97e9a2d2-7142-42bb-b7c5-1e3fb1c51844
  9. Any issues with latest updates preventing printing text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any issues with latest updates preventing printing text: Within the last 10 days, unable to print text, although the printer goes through its routine. Is this reported elsewhere as a result of an update?...
  10. Increase text length (prevent text wrapping) under Desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase text length (prevent text wrapping) under Desktop icons?: I've read references in increasing icon spacing via Regedit tweaks, but will that also increase the text length under icons before the text wraps to a new line. For example a folder named "Screen Grabs" displays both words on one line with Win7 but breaks it into 2 lines with...