Windows 10: Prevent Microsoft Accounts used by other apps

Discus and support Prevent Microsoft Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,Is there a way to prevent or automate the sign out of people who login to other microsoft apps like Xbox or the Microsoft Store? We set a group... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BurnsMR, Jun 13, 2021.

1. BurnsMR Win User

Prevent Microsoft Accounts used by other apps

Hello,Is there a way to prevent or automate the sign out of people who login to other microsoft apps like Xbox or the Microsoft Store? We set a group policy to prevent microsoft accounts from being logged in or added, but that only effects the local account user. When users sign into the Xbox app we want to prevent their credentials from being saved in the settings under the "accounts used by other apps" section. Is there a group policy somewhere to prevent this or an automation that can be performed when logged out or when the computer restarts to log out all users who have info saved there?

:)

BurnsMR, Jun 13, 2021
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jun 13, 2021
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Prevent Microsoft Accounts used by other apps - Similar Threads - Prevent Microsoft Accounts

2. Duplicate account in "Accounts used by other apps..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate account in "Accounts used by other apps...": I have a duplicate work account in "accounts used by other apps".. any idea how to remove one of them? If I disconnect it, it disconnects them both and I can't disconnect the other.It then also disappears....
  3. Duplicate account in "Accounts used by other apps..."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate account in "Accounts used by other apps...": I have a duplicate work account in "accounts used by other apps".. any idea how to remove one of them? If I disconnect it, it disconnects them both and I can't disconnect the other.It then also disappears....
  4. Duplicate account in "Accounts used by other apps..."

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Email & accounts - Accounts used by other apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email & accounts - Accounts used by other apps: I reinstalled W10, and set up an administator account. Somehow, on the regular user accounts, anyone can log into my Office account. I cannot figure out how to switch this off. When a non-admin account is in there, I can just remove it. But the admin is stuck....
  6. Email & accounts - Accounts used by other apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email & accounts - Accounts used by other apps: I reinstalled W10, and set up an administator account. Somehow, on the regular user accounts, anyone can log into my Office account. I cannot figure out how to switch this off. When a non-admin account is in there, I can just remove it. But the admin is stuck....
  7. Accounts Used By Other Apps

Accounts Used By Other Apps: I briefly signed into my microsoft accountthe first time on this device to download something on Microsoft Store. Now that account listed under "Accounts Used By Other Apps". I click on it. Only option is "Manage". That take me hereto Microsoft website. There is no remove...
  8. Remove Microsoft Account in Accounts used by other apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Microsoft Account in Accounts used by other apps: I've accidently associated another Microsoft Account to my Local Administrator user account on Windows 10 and it doesn't let me remove it. There's no Remove button and I don't understand the reason. I go to Change Account Settings > Email & Accounts > Account used by other...
  9. Accounts used by other apps

Accounts used by other apps: I have a local log in, i.e., am not using a Microsoft account for logging into the PC. In the section Accounts used by other apps under Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts: Would it be possible to delete or remove the account that I am using for the apps from being...
  10. Accounts Used By other Apps

Accounts Used By other Apps: How do I get rid of this email account that I've never had nor created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accounts-used-by-other-apps/ae1982f9-a70a-424c-bfc3-75a1f929169f