Windows 10: Prevent mobile data USB tethering?

Discus and support Prevent mobile data USB tethering? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a small company and I have implemented OpenDNS using DD-WRT on my WiFi and Wired network blocking some websites. But sometimes I catch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lolcocks, Feb 3, 2019.

1. lolcocks Win User

Prevent mobile data USB tethering?

Hello,

I have a small company and I have implemented OpenDNS using DD-WRT on my WiFi and Wired network blocking some websites.

But sometimes I catch employees connecting their own phones via USB and do USB tethering and accessing all file sharing websites.
    They probably have stolen some confidential files and recently one employee did and gave all my files to my competitor.

How can I prevent USB tethering without completely blocking the USB ports?
    Cause I need to connect mouse and keyboard.

:)

lolcocks, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Abi99 (2) Win User

tethering mobile data conenction through USB cable to my system

This is a feature request, therefore, please add your vote …

Abi99 (2), Feb 3, 2019
  3. herevenku Win User
    tethering mobile data conenction through USB cable to my system

this is on lumia 520..

i am not able to understand why the hell is there is no option for tethering mobile data conenction through USB cable to my system,

when i turn on internet sharing, it is directly going for wifi tethering which i dont want as it consumes hell lot of battery,

can some one pls help me out?

thanks,

venkatesh P

herevenku, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Kasser Win User

Kasser, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Prevent mobile data USB tethering? - Similar Threads - Prevent mobile data

2. usb tethering not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb tethering not working: I've been trying to get USB tethering working with my android phone and I can't get it to work. I updated the driver, changed it from "NDIS based Internet Sharing Device" to "Remote NDIS Compatible Device" and back. Using Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated....
  3. USB Tethering Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Tethering Not Working: PIA VPN Network AdapterLocal Area Connection LAC and Tap-Windows Adapter V9 Local Area Connection 2 LAC 2 = Network cable unplugged; big red crosses next to them; status greyed out. However, Samsung Mobile USB Remote NDIS Network Device Ethernet 2 = status: enabled; IPv4...
  4. USB tethering

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB tethering: How to get rid of auto-generated sequence number in network's device name in Windows 10 while USB tethering? My computer is showing Network 46 right now. Ask Question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-tethering/8636e2fe-31ce-4fbe-8812-10e0f176a39e
  5. USB Tethering

USB Tethering: Hi! I am already sittting on this problem for multiple hours now. I tried to connect my phone per USB Tethering, like I normally and have normally done, for the past couple weeks, since my Router went bye-bye. But this time, it wouldn´t connect. I tried fixing it by not...
  6. USB TETHERING

USB TETHERING: Hello, Usb tethering isn't working for me. i tried everything. Different usb cable, restarting pc and phone, updating pc and phone. I tried to go to device manager and fix it through there but i couldn't find Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device. Can anyone please...
  7. Windows 10 via USB mobile tethering - network not sharing

Windows 10 via USB mobile tethering - network not sharing: Hi, Apologies in case this ground's been covered already in recent threads, Anyway I've brought a couple of PCs home from work and owing to room arrangements I've had to connect one to the network via USB mobile tethering. Internet works nicely (I'm using it now). However,...
  8. USB Tethering Driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Tethering Driver.: I need help with USB Tethering File Transfers from my LG LML212VL Rebel 4 Cell Phone to my Windows 10 Dell Laptop. Help! Looking for a Driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-tethering-driver/1e201c99-8f04-4e54-a8ba-c0dbdfa29291
  9. Usb Tethering

Usb Tethering: Something unusual is happening with me... i was unable to connect to a minecraft server due to slow internet connection but when i connect via usb Tethering it give me a boost enough to connect in that server or any else but the weird thing is that within 5-10 sec my...
  10. Is there a way to check data usage on USB Tethering connection

Is there a way to check data usage on USB Tethering connection: A few moment ago I use my phone's USB tethering to connect to my PC like I always do, however it suddenly drained my 2GB worth of data empty in just 30min, I had never had this problem before. Is there a way for me to check which software had cause this problem? 60685