Windows 10: Prevent my childs account from getting locked out

Discus and support Prevent my childs account from getting locked out in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi,My daughters computer has decided to lock her out really, really frequently. I would like to turn this off. It says "This computer is locked, please... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Brian_Jones, May 3, 2021.

1. Prevent my childs account from getting locked out

Hi,My daughters computer has decided to lock her out really, really frequently. I would like to turn this off. It says "This computer is locked, please come back in 2 hours" or something along those lines. The problem is, it is doing this even if she only gets her passcode wrong once if num lock is off or something and its becoming really inconvenient. Does anyone know where I can change the number of times before it locks out?When it locks out it also locks out my Microsoft account, but not my younger daughters, and quite frankly it doesn't make sense. It kind of feels like there is s

:)

Brian_Jones, May 3, 2021
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, May 3, 2021
  3. Child account without Credit Card verification

Hi,

We appreciate all the information you've provided. We would like to isolate this concern for you. Kindly answer these questions:

• Are there any error codes/messages preventing you from performing the action?
    • What steps are you trying to do in order to add the credit card to the child account? Do you experience similar issue with other browsers as well?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Moreover, we suggest that you try to add the child account in this
    link

Let us know if you have additional questions.

PreciousLeb, May 3, 2021
  4. Prevent my childs account from getting locked out

Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, May 3, 2021
Thema:

Prevent my childs account from getting locked out

1. Prevent my childs account from getting locked out - Similar Threads - Prevent childs account

2. How can I prevent my child's account from signing them out of Edge Kids Mode?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I prevent my child's account from signing them out of Edge Kids Mode?: I have set up a child account on my computer and I've configure Edge Kids Mode to function as a kiosk. The problem that I'm having is when I test leaving kids mode, it uses my child's account credentials. How can I get kids mode to only request/use the parent account...
  3. how to prevent child account from downloading google chrome

how to prevent child account from downloading google chrome: Hi, My children have been using google classroom for their distance learning school, but lately they've been trying to circumvent the Microsoft Family by downloading Google Chrome themselves thru this https://www.google.com/chrome/ site. Is there a way to prevent it? I...
  4. My child locked themselves out of their account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My child locked themselves out of their account: My child decided it was smart to convert their local login to a new Microsoft account they created using a false date of birth and then promptly forgot the password, so we are unable to recover the account, nor login to their Windows 10 account. Is there a way that an...
  5. get money out child's Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    get money out child's Microsoft account: My grand children use to come to our home almost every day and we had accounts for them. Now with covid they do not come. I would like to get the little money they had in their accounts in a digital form so I can email to them. Can any one tell me how? Thanks Dale Gross...
  6. Prevent a child account from going to SIGN OUT on Microsoft.com

Prevent a child account from going to SIGN OUT on Microsoft.com: I have created a Child account in my Microsoft Family. It works fine, however when going to Microsoft.com, if my child SIGNS OUT of his child account in the browser, he has full access to ENTERTAINMENT:...
  7. Child account locks out randomly

Child account locks out randomly: I have a child account that locks out randomly after a couple of minutes of either initially logging the child in or if I increase their screen limit for the day. I have had this happen on 2 different systems now. I have made sure that all updates are completed as well....
  8. Locked out of my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of my account: I accidently delete my adminstrator account while trying to replace it and i restart my pc now it is asking for a password but not accepting any of my passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-my-account/9992b0ab-7e95-4cab-a851-9f6d5fbf2a7d"
  9. Locking down a pc to prevent a child ' hacking' it

Locking down a pc to prevent a child ' hacking' it: Windows 10 pro 64bit Previousy I installed kids wartch on my sons pc, but he insisted on keeping his count as admin, but eventually he decided to disable kidswatch. i intend installing it again but keeping his account as local user....intend disabling various things in...
  10. Child Account Get Greyed Out

Child Account Get Greyed Out: I added a child account to my Windows 10 Home machine. When the child logs in, the following happens: 1. Go to Store. 2. Selects a free game rated "Everyone". 3. Selects the blue "Get" which changes to "Working" 4. There is a pop-up window which: says "Subject to...