Windows 10: Prevent "My Feeds" from Showing in Edge Start Page

Discus and support Prevent "My Feeds" from Showing in Edge Start Page in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Yes, I tried everything listed in that link multiple times. I just finished the "start fresh" reset option. Did not work. Then I tried a complete... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by d355, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Hydrate Win User

Prevent "My Feeds" from Showing in Edge Start Page

Prevent "My Feeds" from Showing in Edge Start Page [​IMG]

That works for me.

Prevent "My Feeds" from Showing in Edge Start Page [​IMG]

All my tabs from last time shows up. There has to be a third party software or change that's not allowing Edge to manage itself.

Hydrate, Jul 1, 2017
  2. d355 Win User

There are no plugins or programs to modify my settings. I just did a completely clean install of Windows 10. Perhaps the behavior for Edge has changed or my perception of the behavior has changed.

After looking at your screenshots, may you do this:
    - While still on tab 3 press ctrl-w three times to close all tabs individually. Do not press the X in the top right and do not press alt-f4.
    - Open Edge again and take a screenshot:

Thanks!

3. Hydrate Win User
    After completing what you have just told me, it seems that Edge completely discards all saved websites and shows me the My Feeds page. It's not seemingly on the surface possible to do what you asked for unfortunately.

Hydrate, Jul 2, 2017
  4. d355 Win User

Thanks for checking.

I hope our exchange helps others who have had similar experiences.

5. d355 Win User
    I upgraded to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Edge continues to open "My Feeds" if starting with no previous pages from last session.

This happens even when I have the following settings:
    - "Open Microsoft Edge with Previous pages"
    - "Open new tabs with Top sites"

The expected behavior is:
    - Individually close all tabs in Edge
    - Launch Edge
    - Have "new tabs with Top sites" display as the only tab

Does anyone know of any fix for this?

Thema:

1. Prevent "My Feeds" from Showing in Edge Start Page - Similar Threads - Prevent Feeds Showing

2. Ho to Prevent Edge from Starting at Windows Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ho to Prevent Edge from Starting at Windows Startup: In my Task Manager>Start-Up I see an entry for 'Microsoft Edge.'I have found no way to turn this off with the exception of simply disabling it.I even deleted the entry from the Run in the registry. But upon restarting Windows, the entry is put back in.Is there a setting fore...
  3. Ho to Prevent Edge from Starting at Windows Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ho to Prevent Edge from Starting at Windows Startup: In my Task Manager>Start-Up I see an entry for 'Microsoft Edge.'I have found no way to turn this off with the exception of simply disabling it.I even deleted the entry from the Run in the registry. But upon restarting Windows, the entry is put back in.Is there a setting fore...
  4. my feed back not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my feed back not showing: 3 separate feedback problems were submitted and that was 4 hours ago. None are showing under my feedback. Old stuff is there but nothing from the last 72hrs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-feed-back-not-showing/038a1cf2-e1b7-4a21-8944-71223804b1f9
  5. my feed back not showing

my feed back not showing: 3 separate feedback problems were submitted and that was 4 hours ago. None are showing under my feedback. Old stuff is there but nothing from the last 72hrs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-feed-back-not-showing/038a1cf2-e1b7-4a21-8944-71223804b1f9
  6. News Feed on my Edge home page

News Feed on my Edge home page: I think I have it figured out, I can't remove the News feed off my page, so, why not change my Browser to , say Fire Fox, or, Brave as an example. I think I'll go back to my Firefox, My Home page there is my own! No need for an answer, I probably won' t see it! Thank you...
  7. Edge feeds customization

Edge feeds customization: I am an Australian living in Canada. I want news from both countries and I want sports from both countries but I seem to be able to get either/or and US. I don't want US anything. Is there anyway I can select feeds from a list from anywhere in the world?...
  8. My feed has dissapeared from edge.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My feed has dissapeared from edge.: How do I get it back? Am I hacked or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/my-feed-has-dissapeared-from-edge/1073994a-d040-4357-add9-e6d4ed1feb70
  9. My Edge Start Page in is the Start page error

in Browsers and Email
    My Edge Start Page in is the Start page error: I set the setting to set the start page of Microsoft Edge browser to a blank page, but when I reopen it's still in the Start Page with those news headlines and such, I tried to adjust the settings, but it's still the same result. Need help. 101637
  10. Edge news feed on home page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge news feed on home page: Anyone notice an issue with it as from this morning (UK time approx. 10 am)? If I launch edge it's just displaying the search bar and top visited sites. The news feed / articles are missing in action. Maybe an issue MS side (at least I hope and that it's not my machine)....