Windows 10: Prevent PC from connecting to a Mobile Hotspot

Discus and support Prevent PC from connecting to a Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to be able to prevent my Surface pro from being able to connect to a mobile phone hotspot. How can I do that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by macy517, Aug 31, 2020.

1. macy517 Win User

Prevent PC from connecting to a Mobile Hotspot

I want to be able to prevent my Surface pro from being able to connect to a mobile phone hotspot. How can I do that?

:)

macy517, Aug 31, 2020

2. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 31, 2020
  3. laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot

Hi,

I am not able to connect my laptop with mobile hotspot.

kindly suggest the steps to solve the issue.

RAHULSHARMA6989, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Prevent PC from connecting to a Mobile Hotspot

Internet is not connected in Mobile Hotspot

We can try the following ways to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Create a mobile hotspot and share it, how to create a mobile hotspot and share it, we can refer this article: How to turn your Windows 10 PC into a wireless hotspot
    2. Is there some settings like "Allow all Users" when creating hotspot, if so we can try to enable it, then all devices are able to pick up hotspot connection.
    3. All the devices or only one android device cannot connect the network name of this hotspot? If all the devices can not connect to this hotspot, it may be a problem with creating or sharing hotspots, if only one android device can not connect this hotspot, it may be the settings problem with this android device.
    4. Is there a device that can find the network name of this hotspot?
    5. If a device discovers this hotspot, when we want to connect to this hotspot, is there a prompt to verify the network name and password?
    6. If the android device can connect other wifi or other hotspots, it may be settings problem with this android device.
    7. We can try to add a hotspot network manually in the android devices, then we view if it can connect the mobile hotspot.

Daisy Zhou, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Prevent PC from connecting to a Mobile Hotspot

1. Prevent PC from connecting to a Mobile Hotspot - Similar Threads - Prevent connecting Mobile

2. Mobile hotspot cut my PC connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile hotspot cut my PC connection: I used to use my PC as a hotspot because my main router is too far. My PC is connected through LAN.Today, I found out if I turned on "Mobile Hotspot", I can't access internet on my PC. But it works for my phone.I already tried updating driver, troubleshooting, turning off...
  3. Limit the hotspot connection of the mobile with the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Limit the hotspot connection of the mobile with the PC: Dear community, I find myself with a difficult problem to solve: I have a computer connected to a corporate network, to which I must connect a mobile phone through the hotspot. I was able to achieve this, the problem is that from the mobile phone I can reach the rest of the...
  4. Limit the hotspot connection of the mobile with the PC

Limit the hotspot connection of the mobile with the PC: Dear community, I find myself with a difficult problem to solve: I have a computer connected to a corporate network, to which I must connect a mobile phone through the hotspot. I was able to achieve this, the problem is that from the mobile phone I can reach the rest of the...
  5. Connected To Mobile Hotspot But No Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected To Mobile Hotspot But No Connection: Hi, I know this question has been asked a few times but I have not been able to find a solution among them. I can enable my mobile hotspot and connect devices to it, but they do not get any internet connection, I've been able to use mobile hotspot in the past week on this...
  6. Connected To Mobile Hotspot But No Connection

Connected To Mobile Hotspot But No Connection: Hi, I know this question has been asked a few times but I have not been able to find a solution among them. I can enable my mobile hotspot and connect devices to it, but they do not get any internet connection, I've been able to use mobile hotspot in the past week on this...
  7. Connected To Mobile Hotspot But No Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Mobile Hotspot Not Connecting

Mobile Hotspot Not Connecting: Hi,I've been using my computer as a mobile hotspot for my devices iPhone and iPad but it stopped working and is showing to have "No Internet Connection" on my iPhone when I try to connect, despite my computer having no problems connecting with the internet. I tried...
  9. Mobile Hotspot Not Connecting

Mobile Hotspot Not Connecting: Hi, I've been using my laptop as a mobile hotspot for my devices (iPhone and iPad) but it stopped working and is showing to have "No Internet Connection" despite my laptop having no problems connecting with the Wi-Fi. I tried troubleshooting the Network Adapter and in the...
  10. mobile hotspot connection

mobile hotspot connection: hello, my aname is Amankwah, for sometime now im unable to connect my cell phone via hotspot like I used to. its been weeks now. any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-connection/c302deba-0e78-47ad-a629-a83853878c2b