Windows 10: Prevent pc from sleeping/turn off speaker while playing youtube videos

Discus and support Prevent pc from sleeping/turn off speaker while playing youtube videos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Dell S2415h monitor which comes with built in speakers in the monitor. I also have set the turn off monitor at 5 mins, and sleep at 15... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mystvearn, Aug 22, 2015.

1. mystvearn Win User

Prevent pc from sleeping/turn off speaker while playing youtube videos

Hi,

I have a Dell S2415h monitor which comes with built in speakers in the monitor. I also have set the turn off monitor at 5 mins, and sleep at 15 mins. My problem is that when I view youtube videos more than 5 mins, the screen will turn off along with the built in speakers. Is there a way to prevent the screen and speakers from turning off for specific software? Next time I open a long youtube video, I don't want to move the mouse just to keep the PC awake.

Thanks

:)

mystvearn, Aug 22, 2015
  2. y_PoR& Win User

How to play movie sound when the computer screen goes to sleep?

Hello,

I have an Asus T100HA tablet and i use it without the keyboard.

I was able to make the power button only turn off the display, instead of putting the tablet on sleep mode.

My goal is to play videos while the screen is off so i can hear only the sound.

When I play videos on Kodi- the screen turns back on after I turn it off.

When I play videos on "movies & tv" - the video stops playing when i turn the screen off.

Is there a way to control how an application react to the screen?

Or prevent an application from accessing the screen's status?

Thanks!

Original title: Windows 10 tablet- playing movies while the screen is off

y_PoR&, Aug 22, 2015
  3. g3tr3kt Win User
    Sleep After Inactivity Causes Paused YouTube Videos to Play

Hi,

This is a funny question but is there a way to prevent my computer (Windows 10) from playing paused videos when it triggers itself to go to sleep? I will pause a YouTube video then leave the computer. After a period of inactity, the computer screen will
    go dark and right at that moment, any video which I have previously paused will play causing only the audio to come through my speakers. There in no picture when this happens. Very odd would like to know if there is a fix. So far this only has happened with
    YouTube.

Daniel

g3tr3kt, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

Prevent pc from sleeping/turn off speaker while playing youtube videos

1. Prevent pc from sleeping/turn off speaker while playing youtube videos - Similar Threads - Prevent sleeping turn

2. regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off: My laptop now does not turn off display or go to sleep after the specific time in the power settings. When i run powercfg -requests, it tells me the following:DISPLAY:[PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegSvcs.exeSYSTEM:[PROCESS]...
  3. Laptop started playing Youtube video while the lid is closedin Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop started playing Youtube video while the lid is closedin Sleep: Hello everyone! Weird thing happened yesterday. Just before going to sleep I was watching a youtube video which i paused and closed my laptopclosing lid is set to sleep mode to go to bed. At 3am in the night a video started playing and I woke up by hearing the audio of that....
  4. Laptop started playing Youtube video while the lid is closedin Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop started playing Youtube video while the lid is closedin Sleep: Hello everyone! Weird thing happened yesterday. Just before going to sleep I was watching a youtube video which i paused and closed my laptopclosing lid is set to sleep mode to go to bed. At 3am in the night a video started playing and I woke up by hearing the audio of that....
  5. Bluetooth Headphones Turn Off When Playing YouTube Videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones Turn Off When Playing YouTube Videos: ProblemWhenever I try to play YouTube videos with my Bluetooth headphones, the audio stops, my headphones turn off although the video keeps playing. I'm mostly use MS Edge but I've tried other browsers like Firefox and Chrome. This doesn't solve the problem. I've updated the...
  6. Windows Sleep Secretly Plays YouTube Videos for Hours While "Sleeping"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Sleep Secretly Plays YouTube Videos for Hours While "Sleeping": When I tell the computer to "sleep" while I'm watching youtube, it pretends to sleep and silently watches YouTube all night. It has done this multiple times.. When I click "sleep" the computer pretends to sleep by turning off the screen, and even the hard-drive and "thinking"...
  7. Issues while playing videos on YouTube

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues while playing videos on YouTube: Whenever I try to watch videos on youtube, my laptop won't play them and just keep loading. Every time I try, the audio function stops working and then the video will play. I have ran the troubleshoot for the audio and it says it's fixed but then the video won't play again....
  8. Preventing Windows 10 from sleeping/turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Preventing Windows 10 from sleeping/turning off: Hello Community, I try to download a 70GB game I just bought from the Microsoft store (sorry but the store is horrible compared to steam and any other game distributing platform). My PC decides to go to sleep, or any other form of shut down (monitor goes black, PC does not...
  9. PC won't sleep while playing a sound (audio driver prevent from sleep)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC won't sleep while playing a sound (audio driver prevent from sleep): Hi! Any idea how I could solve this problem? Runing Code: powercfg -requests[/quote] gives: Code: SYSTEM: [DRIVER] Cirrus Logic High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_ ...) An audio stream is currently in use. [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files...
  10. Crashed while playing a Youtube video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashed while playing a Youtube video: I was watching Youtube on Chrome when it happened. I walked away from my computer so I'm not positive as to what else might have been open. I think 5KPlayer (a video player for Windows 10) was open too (per the system tray icon). Steam might have also been running. I got the...