Windows 10: Prevent people from accesing any menu's or files.

Discus and support Prevent people from accesing any menu's or files. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey! I'm going to place a big touch screen table in a reception so people who have to wait can play simple games on it. Now I am trying to figure... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Zeno Van Damme, May 14, 2019.

1. Prevent people from accesing any menu's or files.

Hey!

I'm going to place a big touch screen table in a reception so people who have to wait can play simple games on it.

Now I am trying to figure out a way to prevent people from accesing anything. They shouldn't be able to close the application of the game and they shouldn't be able to acces any menu's or files.

However, I have to be able to acces these things.

Is there a way I can put the application in complete fullscreen and only exit the full screen using a keyboard connected to the table or not?

Kind regards,

Zeno

:)

Zeno Van Damme, May 14, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, May 14, 2019
  4. Prevent people from accesing any menu's or files.

How to find People app in Windows 10.

Hi Long,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will help you in resolving your issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you a question related to the query:

• Are you not able to find People app on your PC?

Method 1:

Step 1:Check if People app tile is showing on the Start menu
    by pressing Start key on keyboard

Step 2: If it is not displayed, then I suggest you to check using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Press Start key on the keyboard and type People.
    • Select the top most search result.

Step 3: You can also check in All settings from start menu by following the steps below:

• Press Start key on the keyboard and click on All settings option from the bottom left corner of the window.
    • Check if People app is listed under alphabet P.

Method 2: If you do not find it in PC, you can download
    People app
    from the Windows Store by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key on the keyboard and type Windows Store.
    • Select the top most search result.
    • Type People in the search and download the
      People
      app.

Get back to us with the answer to the above question to assist you further on this query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure that we assist you accordingly.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Prevent people from accesing any menu's or files.

1. Prevent people from accesing any menu's or files. - Similar Threads - Prevent accesing menu's

2. TrustedInstaller prevents from saving files from any softwares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TrustedInstaller prevents from saving files from any softwares: Hello, I have been experiencing issues with saving files from some software.When trying to save any file like .csv from LibreOffice or .bmp from Paint I am getting this error:"C:\Untitled.bmpYou don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to...
  3. Error 0x80070780 File Cannot Be Accesed by the System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80070780 File Cannot Be Accesed by the System: Hi, I am facing blue screen issue and have tired all the advance options but nothing has worked so far. Last option is to use a bootable drive but I might loose my data and that’s why I am trying to copy my data. I am not able to copy data since I am getting Error 0x80070780...
  4. fix drive is not accesible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fix drive is not accesible: HI can I use on SSD drive chkdsk /r tofix drive is not accesible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-drive-is-not-accesible/f64796d2-8823-4245-99af-6fa8e32da54f
  5. My site not accesable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My site not accesable: Hi My site is not open since morning, I received the below error. this site can't provide secure connection. Abc.com sent an invalid response. Try running Windows network diagnostics. ERR_SSL protocol ERROR. How to solve this issue....
  6. My site not accesable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My site not accesable: Hi My site is not open since morning, I received the below error. this site can't provide secure connection. Abc.com sent an invalid response. Try running Windows network diagnostics. ERR_SSL protocol ERROR. How to solve this issue....
  7. C:\ is not accesible

in Windows 10 Customization
    C:\ is not accesible: Accidently, I removed my user ownership of the C disk thinking it was another user. Now, while I'm able to use the main programs in the desktop, such as microsoft edge, I'm unable to access the C disk, as well as use TaskManager, use CMD as an administrator, install new...
  8. hardisk not accesible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hardisk not accesible: how to go to msconfig.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardisk-not-accesible/a9cc6caf-055f-451c-a12b-e5afff9d6e1d
  9. Prevent kids from installing any software

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Prevent kids from installing any software: How do you prevent kids from installing any software regardless of it's age rating? I've restricted my son's account to ask permission before purchasing, to restrict apps to below a 6 year old (I've now changed this to 3 year old) but I don't want him installing anything -...
  10. Prevent windows from search in files when searching in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent windows from search in files when searching in the Start Menu: Hello. when i search from the start menu, all i want to find is applications (desktop apps, metro apps, shortcus to apps in the all-applications menu) and settings, not files and folders. (i already disabled the web search there). i still want to be able to search files...