Windows 10: Prevent processing of USB devices when Win10 Pro workstation is locked

Discus and support Prevent processing of USB devices when Win10 Pro workstation is locked in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there a group policy (or any other setting) on Windows 10 Pro to disable any processing (i.e. reading/writing and most importantly automatic driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ahmd, Sep 20, 2018.

1. ahmd Win User

Prevent processing of USB devices when Win10 Pro workstation is locked

Is there a group policy (or any other setting) on Windows 10 Pro to disable any processing (i.e. reading/writing and most importantly automatic driver installation) when USB device is plugged into computer while it's locked?

:)

2. Gusgf Win User

Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

Got it working in the end, not sure what happened but now have bootable usb with Win10 on it.

Gusgf, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Some USB Devices not recognized in Windows 10

Hi have Windows 10 Pro insider preview 10532 64bit Pro Intel i7 desktop PC.

I have multiple USB devices connected, USB 3 & 2. The USB HDD is working however my Samsung phone and kindle are no longer being recognized. The steps followed so far:

• Uninstalled all USB devices in device manager including controllers
    • Flashed BIOS to latest version
    • Updated USB drivers for the devices from manufacturers sites
    • Tried new USB cables

Please note: both devices are recognized by my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.

I really don't want to fresh install, please suggest any diagnostics I can try.

Thanks

TonyHallett, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Prevent processing of USB devices when Win10 Pro workstation is locked

VMware-usb storage device not recognized

Hello,

I'm running Windows XP in Workstation Player on a Windows 10 laptop.

My USB CD/DVD drive is able to mount in the Player. So is a flash drive.

My Western Digital ssd (My Passport Ultra) is listed in "Removable devices", but fails to mount, giving this error:

Prevent processing of USB devices when Win10 Pro workstation is locked [​IMG]

In the Virtual Machine settings, the USB controller is using usb 2.0.

The WD ssd is compatible with usb 3.0 and 2.0, and is supported by Windows XP. My desktop computer running Win XP has no problem mounting the drive.

The device manager in virtual Win XP shows it as an "unknown device."

I've read everything I can find on the problem, and tried a number of suggestions from the knowledge base at VMware as well as solutions via google searches.

Perhaps the WD ssd just won't work on the free version of VM Workstation Player (v. 14).

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Paul

Paul Bacon, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Prevent processing of USB devices when Win10 Pro workstation is locked

1. Prevent processing of USB devices when Win10 Pro workstation is locked - Similar Threads - Prevent processing USB

2. Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation: Hi, my current laptop has windows 10 HomeI was about to buy windows 10 pro workstation for itbut then came the question, will I be able to upgrade to windows 11 pro workstation in future if i buy it, I mean for free, or will it cost me extra? at the same time, will the key...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation: Hi, my current laptop has windows 10 HomeI was about to buy windows 10 pro workstation for itbut then came the question, will I be able to upgrade to windows 11 pro workstation in future if i buy it, I mean for free, or will it cost me extra? at the same time, will the key...
  4. Stop Code: Reference_By_Pointer in Win10 Pro for Workstations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop Code: Reference_By_Pointer in Win10 Pro for Workstations: Hi everyone,I got BSOD problem with stop code: reference by pointer these days. Every time when I use my laptop, it occurs after about 30-50 minutes. I've searched online for some helps and it seems like that I need to upload my minidump in order to know the details. Here is...
  5. Stop Code: Reference_By_Pointer in Win10 Pro for Workstations

Stop Code: Reference_By_Pointer in Win10 Pro for Workstations: Hi everyone,I got BSOD problem with stop code: reference by pointer these days. Every time when I use my laptop, it occurs after about 30-50 minutes. I've searched online for some helps and it seems like that I need to upload my minidump in order to know the details. Here is...
  6. USB devices are overheating on Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices are overheating on Win10: Hello, I have quite big issue for longer time with: 1 my USB devices 2 card readers interrupted after eg 10 seconds of work The thing is that on the same computer I have also Ubuntu and these devices work perfectly. No overheating. No interruptions. Always, without...
  7. RE: Win10 to Win10 pro or workstation

RE: Win10 to Win10 pro or workstation: What is the difference between win10 PRO and WORKSTATION? from WIN10 HOME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-win10-to-win10-pro-or-workstation/6bb55315-f915-492d-86cb-874245bbae6b
  8. Prevent processing of USB devices when Win10 Pro workstation is locked

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent processing of USB devices when Win10 Pro workstation is locked: Is there a group policy (or any other setting) on Windows 10 Pro to disable any processing (i.e. reading/writing and most importantly automatic driver installation) when USB device is plugged into computer while it's locked? 118168
  9. Device Guard + VMware Workstation Pro 12.5

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Device Guard + VMware Workstation Pro 12.5: Hi All I'm hoping someone who knows something about Device Guard and virtualisation can help me with a question I have. I recently rebuilt my desktop with Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit Creators Update. I use VMware Workstation Pro 12.5 daily for my work from home. One...
  10. Prevent Win10 from waking device?

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent Win10 from waking device?: Hello, all device i updated to 10 (anniversary edition) wake from sleep by themselves & i'm not sure why. I checked events history but couldn't identify. Certainly related to (windows) update. How do i stop this? Thank you! 60731