Windows 10: Prevent program from maximizgin window when I drag it to the bottom: how do I do this?

Discus and support Prevent program from maximizgin window when I drag it to the bottom: how do I do this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/computerstuffs [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/computerstuffs, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Prevent program from maximizgin window when I drag it to the bottom: how do I do this?

/u/computerstuffs, Dec 9, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Drag and Drop

Hi Charles,

the steps you suggested didn't work for me but, when pressing the escape key it somehow expanded the drive and by using drag and drop to the single file in the list worked.

In the past I could drag and drop multiple folders onto the drive on the network computer(s). Doing it on individual folders will take far too long and time consuming and is not an option.

Microsoft should be able to identify what is blocking it and issue a fix.

My machine is multi boot so tomorrow I will try with Windows 7.

Many thanks for your help,

Deric

DericStain, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Prevent program from maximizgin window when I drag it to the bottom: how do I do this?

Dragging apps to desktop for shortcuys

Hi Lance,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from adding shortcuts to the desktop. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Does this happen when you try dragging all apps to the desktop, or just a specific app?
    • Are you using an administrator account?
    • Is your computer connected to a private domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps as a workaround:

• Right-click on any empty part of the desktop.
    • Click New > Shortcut.
    • Navigate to the folder location of the app you want and select it.
    • Click OK.

We look forward to your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Prevent program from maximizgin window when I drag it to the bottom: how do I do this?

1. Prevent program from maximizgin window when I drag it to the bottom: how do I do this? - Similar Threads - Prevent program maximizgin

2. How do I prevent windows from "locking" itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I prevent windows from "locking" itself: Every time i try to play a game on my laptop windows will pop up a screen that say Locking and then turn itself off, I want to turn this off, even if i have to use the regedit...
  3. How do I prevent programs from reopening in the background?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I prevent programs from reopening in the background?: I have some programs like Armory Crate, Nvidia, Office, Phone, and other programs that restart themselves in the background after I END TASK in the Task Manager. My CPU is being worked up to 40% in use because of programs restarting themselves. I was able to find in regedit...
  4. How do I prevent programs from reopening in the background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent programs from reopening in the background?: I have some programs like Armory Crate, Nvidia, Office, Phone, and other programs that restart themselves in the background after I END TASK in the Task Manager. My CPU is being worked up to 40% in use because of programs restarting themselves. I was able to find in regedit...
  5. How do I prevent programs from reopening in the background?

6. How Do I Prevent Computer From Freezing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How Do I Prevent Computer From Freezing?: Hi, earlier I made a post about it freezing and making a beeping sound but got no answers. Today, after opening my PC and launching Minecraft, my computer froze after around 10 minutes or less. This time, there was no beeping sound and I couldn't do anything. The only thing...
  7. How Do I Prevent Computer From Freezing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Prevent Computer From Freezing?: Hi, earlier I made a post about it freezing and making a beeping sound but got no answers. Today, after opening my PC and launching Minecraft, my computer froze after around 10 minutes or less. This time, there was no beeping sound and I couldn't do anything. The only thing...
  8. How Do I Prevent Computer From Freezing?

9. How do I prevent this from happening again?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent this from happening again?: It took me forever to figure out how to even use my new laptop without being forced to log into my hotmail account. I'm just not going to do it, I hate this about Windows 10. Anyway, I opened my laptop today to see this screen that almost gave me a heart attach because I was...
  10. How do I prevent programs from running at startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent programs from running at startup?: It seems some programs just want to start up no matter what. I have disabled them in Task Manager startup manager, deleted them from the startup folder ("shell:startup"), and deleted all of their task scheduler tasks, and they still start up. There are many programs like...