Windows 10: Prevent restart for upgrades

Discus and support Prevent restart for upgrades in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I prevent restarts to install upgrades. My computer is failing on restarts and I don't want upgrades installed while I'm trouble shooting.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by challenger46, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Prevent restart for upgrades

How can I prevent restarts to install upgrades. My computer is failing on restarts and I don't want upgrades installed while I'm trouble shooting.

:)

challenger46, Aug 15, 2019
  2. little cat, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Terrypin Win User
    Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

Prevent restart for upgrades [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

Prevent restart for upgrades [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Aug 15, 2019
  4. swarfega Win User

Prevent restart for upgrades

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Prevent restart for upgrades

1. Prevent restart for upgrades - Similar Threads - Prevent restart upgrades

2. Mysterious app preventing restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious app preventing restart.: I have no idea what app this is, and I am very careful on the internet so I doubt it is some sort of malware.The app is named as {527f62b4-263f-4711-835a-1012c88ba4fa}...
  3. Preventing 11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preventing 11 Upgrade: How can I prevent users of Windows Pro in a non active directory environment from upgrading to Windows 11?We use software for our MIS system which does not support 11 yet....
  4. Preventing 11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preventing 11 Upgrade: How can I prevent users of Windows Pro in a non active directory environment from upgrading to Windows 11?We use software for our MIS system which does not support 11 yet....
  5. Preventing 11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Bitlocker Prevents Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitlocker Prevents Restart: Split from this thread.Hello, I am experiencing the same issue on my Dell Inspiron 13-7353Windows 10 Home. I left it on sleeping with the lid closed overnight and now I am getting startup repair screen with message: C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt When I try and...
  7. what is preventing shoutdown and restart?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    what is preventing shoutdown and restart?: what is preventing shout down and restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-preventing-shoutdown-and-restart/232c75f3-1d00-4aaf-9097-dff9e1396a4e
  8. preventing restart due to updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    preventing restart due to updates: hi, I think this is a reasonable request, I want my PC to never restart due to updates until I restart it. Is this possible nowadays? I've tried looking in settings and there's 'Show a notification when a restart is required' option but, today, as happened previous, I didn't...
  9. Preventing System Shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preventing System Shutdown/restart: is there a way to avoid a forced restart? Many times I have work open, and microsoft windows FORCES a restart when I'm not watching. is there a way to absolutely PREVENT the computer from restarting due to updates?...
  10. How prevent the upgrade?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How prevent the upgrade?: Hi guys, I reserved the upgrade from win 7 to win 10 now I don't want to download it anymore (I keep on having the boot.wim issue) is there a way to prevent the upgrade? thanks in advance 9534