Windows 10: Prevent saving to local computer

Discus and support Prevent saving to local computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On a computer with a admin account and a user account is there any way to prevent the user account from saving to the computer (the idea being that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SimairaJolene, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Prevent saving to local computer

On a computer with a admin account and a user account is there any way to prevent the user account from saving to the computer (the idea being that they have to save to a USB).

:)

SimairaJolene, Feb 13, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Unable to access Local Disks (CPrevent saving to local computer :), (DPrevent saving to local computer :), and any programs inside those

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with privileges to access the local account, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Please be informed us the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

This issue might be due to some error in system settings.

If you have not yet tried the below steps, I suggest you to perform and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log out from the current user account, restart the computer and log-in with the administrator account and check if you are able to access the local drivers.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode, try to log-in with administrator account and check if the issue persists.

Try the above steps and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Prevent saving to local computer

Cannot access my User Account on local machine but can access Admin account. Need help finding password but NOT reset it as it will delete saved data.

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

If you reset the local account password it will not delete the Saved data.

I suggest you to back up the saved data and files from the admin account and try to reset the password and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to reset the password.

• Press Windows + R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Reset Password.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Prevent saving to local computer

1. Prevent saving to local computer - Similar Threads - Prevent saving local

2. Prevent local admins from installing printers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prevent local admins from installing printers: I have a number of users laptops that are Intune enrolled and Azure Hybrid joined. The users are local admins on their windows 10 laptops and I am trying to restrict the users from being able to install printers on their laptops for data security. I have been able to prevent...
  3. How to prevent creating local users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent creating local users: I need to setup time restrictions for childs pc, which i did and it was fine for a couple of weeks. Then the kid found out he can just create a new local account... Some thing that are done, child is on standart account NOT admin, still can create a new local acc and even...
  4. Saving files locally only?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Saving files locally only?: I would like to save all my word, excel, etc files locally and not to the onedrive/cloud. I have set the default saving location on the local versions of word and Excel, but when I am using 365 it only shows the onedrive as a default location, there doesn't seem to be any...
  5. ARK Local Save Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ARK Local Save Files: My ARK world randomly became inaccessible. Anyone know where the files are located? I can only find the Steam version and guides for that version of the game. Help would be appreciated!...
  6. Local Downlevel Document preventing printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local Downlevel Document preventing printing: I have a user, who if he reboots his PC (for any reason), when he logs back in, and tries to print a document, two files will show up. The file he needs to print, and a "Local Downlevel Document" file. That LDD file will not print and locks up the queue until I remove the...
  7. windows rdp local resource redirection prevent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows rdp local resource redirection prevent: For the security reason, i want to prevent local resource redirection in windows rdp connection. Not in servers configuration, do using network layer for example firewall block it. ***The post was written in English by the original poster therefore it will be directed...
  8. Cloud saves are overwriting my local saves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloud saves are overwriting my local saves: I am trying to copy a save from one computer (computer A), to another (computer B). The game in question is Resident Evil 7 (if it matters) I've been able to locate the saves and copy them over to several friends computers (using the same version off the Microsoft Store),...
  9. Saving Web Mail From Outlook.com to My Local Computer

in Browsers and Email
    Saving Web Mail From Outlook.com to My Local Computer: Is there, anyway, to, possibly save web mail from Outlook.com to my computer?? I see no options anywhere to Save As in Outlook.com Any help will be appreciated, James 28779
  10. Prevent "save to desktop" in "Save as" box

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent "save to desktop" in "Save as" box: Hi, How do I prevent staff from saving files to desktop? 96569

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prevent user from saving data to local disks

2. prevent saving to local machine windows 10