Windows 10: Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording

Discus and support Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! Is it possible to prevent my screen from turning off when I'm recording it through the Xbox Game Bar (Win + G)? If my screen turns off during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hajk, May 4, 2021.

1. hajk Win User

Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording

Hi! Is it possible to prevent my screen from turning off when I'm recording it through the Xbox Game Bar (Win + G)? If my screen turns off during recording, the recording is stopped and not saved, which can be really annoying. On the other hand, when I am not recording my screen I do want it to turn off after some time. I just don't want it to turn off during recording. I'm using Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

:)

hajk, May 4, 2021
  2. hajk Win User

Hi! Is it possible to prevent my screen from turning off when I'm recording it through the Xbox Game Bar (Win + G)? If my screen turns off during recording, the recording is stopped and not saved, which can be really annoying. On the other hand, when I am not recording my screen I do want it to turn off after some time. I just don't want it to turn off during recording. I'm using Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

hajk, May 4, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User

Hi, there's this free program - which also has some command line options- which may prevent that happening.
    You could simply start that before your recording and see if it works for you.

Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording [​IMG]

Otherwise: consider what's actually turning your screen off? Is this a desktop and monitor, a laptop or something else?
    No specs, and no build number (which the forum prompted you for).

If you wanted to make this automatic and the Game Bar itself offers no related options, then I'd guess as a first thought you'd be looking at a script to be running to prevent this

Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording [​IMG]

- if this is what's turning off your display- when the game bar is in use.

E.g. invoke Don't sleep, and then close it when the Game Bar is no longer in use.

dalchina, May 4, 2021
  4. Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording

screen recorder

Hi,

To resolve your concern about screen recorder, follow the steps below:

• Click on the Windows logo found at the lower left hand corner of your desktop.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • On the left hand side, click on Storage.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Scroll down, and click on Temporary files.
    • Click on Delete temporary files.
    • Restart your computer, and then try screen recorder again.

Regarding the Windows shortcut for your screen recorder, follow the steps below:

• Open your Xbox application.
    • On the left hand side, click on the Settings icon.
    • Click on the Game DVR tab.
    • Make sure Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR is
      On.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording - Similar Threads - Prevent screen turning

2. Screen not turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen not turning off: When my computer is actively doing something like playing a video the screen inactivity thing in secpol doesn't work. how do I fix this. submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l85p8m/screen_not_turning_off/
  3. Windows when screen turn off

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows when screen turn off: I just wanna ask a question, did microsoft install any male voice in the system because when i doing my work and my laptop screen was off and no app was running and suddenly a male voice came out and saids "smtg......good night", at that moment i get scare, after few second...
  4. LAN disconnects when screen turns off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN disconnects when screen turns off: Hey, been having this problem for a while, tried every possible solutions, still doesnt work whenever my screen turns off laptop, LAN disconnects with it...VERY annoying. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  5. Screen Turning Off

Screen Turning Off: Just got a Dell Precision 5750 with Windows 10 Pro. Just one problem. Every time I walk away from the PC and come back the screens are inactive. I can simply move the mouse or hit a key on the keyboard and everything comes back up but this is driving me nuts. It's like it...
  6. Turn Off Screen

Turn Off Screen: it's been a month i switched from mac to windows. so far, so good, but i cannot find the equivalent of ctrl+shift+eject to turn off my screen. any ideas? submitted by /u/rboecker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jt0d4f/turn_off_screen/
  7. How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off: [ATTACH]You might have seen that the screen display turns off automatically when you leave […] This article How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. flashing screen when turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    flashing screen when turned off: I have a brand new HP computer with Microsoft 10 as its OS. When I tried shutting my computer down the screen went black and is now randomly flashing quickly. I can't turn it on at all and it is continuing to flash a white screen in quick blips. Is it toast?...
  9. Screen Turns off when Brightness at 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Turns off when Brightness at 100%: A while back I installed windows 10 on my Elitebook 8560w with an AMD graphics card. I noticed that when I push the screen bightness to a certain level, the monitor shuts off completely. I have to connect to an external monitor and lower the brightness for the screen to turn...
  10. Screen not turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen not turning off: My screen is supposed to turn off after 4 minutes, but it is not; just started doing this tonight. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-not-turning-off/d4dde6c0-82c1-4eda-9bf3-451d2b9021be