Windows 10: Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording

Discus and support Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! Is it possible to prevent my screen from turning off when I'm recording it through the Xbox Game Bar (Win + G)? If my screen turns off during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hajk, May 4, 2021.

1. hajk Win User

Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording

Hi! Is it possible to prevent my screen from turning off when I'm recording it through the Xbox Game Bar (Win + G)? If my screen turns off during recording, the recording is stopped and not saved, which can be really annoying. On the other hand, when I am not recording my screen I do want it to turn off after some time. I just don't want it to turn off during recording. I'm using Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

:)

hajk, May 4, 2021
  2. hajk Win User

Hi! Is it possible to prevent my screen from turning off when I'm recording it through the Xbox Game Bar (Win + G)? If my screen turns off during recording, the recording is stopped and not saved, which can be really annoying. On the other hand, when I am not recording my screen I do want it to turn off after some time. I just don't want it to turn off during recording. I'm using Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

hajk, May 4, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User

Hi, there's this free program - which also has some command line options- which may prevent that happening.
    You could simply start that before your recording and see if it works for you.

Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording [​IMG]

Otherwise: consider what's actually turning your screen off? Is this a desktop and monitor, a laptop or something else?
    No specs, and no build number (which the forum prompted you for).

If you wanted to make this automatic and the Game Bar itself offers no related options, then I'd guess as a first thought you'd be looking at a script to be running to prevent this

Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording [​IMG]

- if this is what's turning off your display- when the game bar is in use.

E.g. invoke Don't sleep, and then close it when the Game Bar is no longer in use.

dalchina, May 4, 2021
  4. Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording

screen recorder

Hi,

To resolve your concern about screen recorder, follow the steps below:

• Click on the Windows logo found at the lower left hand corner of your desktop.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • On the left hand side, click on Storage.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Scroll down, and click on Temporary files.
    • Click on Delete temporary files.
    • Restart your computer, and then try screen recorder again.

Regarding the Windows shortcut for your screen recorder, follow the steps below:

• Open your Xbox application.
    • On the left hand side, click on the Settings icon.
    • Click on the Game DVR tab.
    • Make sure Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR is
      On.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording - Similar Threads - Prevent screen turning

2. Fan is turned off when screen is off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan is turned off when screen is off: Hi i have strange problem with my new computer, i told to asus support but they answer me that could be an hardware defect,however the problem seem like something not working well on windows, and i'm hoping i can resolve it without send back my devicei explain:when i set 5...
  3. Fan is turned off when screen is off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fan is turned off when screen is off: Hi i have strange problem with my new computer, i told to asus support but they answer me that could be an hardware defect,however the problem seem like something not working well on windows, and i'm hoping i can resolve it without send back my devicei explain:when i set 5...
  4. In Windows 11, how to prevent Windows logging off when the screen turns off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11, how to prevent Windows logging off when the screen turns off?: I'm using a laptop and I don't want the computer to log off when the screen turns off.I need this because I'm using various background programs and access shared files in the laptop from another computer, but I don't need the laptop's screen to be simultaneously open and as...
  5. In Windows 11, how to prevent Windows logging off when the screen turns off?

In Windows 11, how to prevent Windows logging off when the screen turns off?: I'm using a laptop and I don't want the computer to log off when the screen turns off.I need this because I'm using various background programs and access shared files in the laptop from another computer, but I don't need the laptop's screen to be simultaneously open and as...
  6. Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off: I have microsoft wireless mouse and when it is plugged in my screen and pc doesn't go to sleep. In device settings I have the box to "allow this device to wake up pc" unchecked In bios all the wake up devices are disabled What else can I do ?...
  7. Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off: I have microsoft wireless mouse and when it is plugged in my screen and pc doesn't go to sleep. In device settings I have the box to "allow this device to wake up pc" unchecked In bios all the wake up devices are disabled What else can I do ?...
  8. Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off

9. How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off: [ATTACH]You might have seen that the screen display turns off automatically when you leave […] This article How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. flashing screen when turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    flashing screen when turned off: I have a brand new HP computer with Microsoft 10 as its OS. When I tried shutting my computer down the screen went black and is now randomly flashing quickly. I can't turn it on at all and it is continuing to flash a white screen in quick blips. Is it toast?...