Windows 10: Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting ethernet

Discus and support Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting ethernet in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is there a way for my PC doesn't disconnect from the ethernet while in sleep mode?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GaelProGamer05, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting ethernet

Is there a way for my PC doesn't disconnect from the ethernet while in sleep mode?

:)

GaelProGamer05, Jul 2, 2020

2. Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie

Hi,

There's a possibility that your Ethernet connection is not enabled to wake on magic packet. For us to isolate this, let's look into the advanced settings of your network adapter. Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Device Manager > Network adapters.
    2. Right-click on your Ethernet connection and click Properties.
    3. Click the Advanced tab.
    4. Under Property, scroll down and select Wake on magic packet.
    5. Set the value to Enabled.
    6. Click OK.

Once done, try to observe if Ethernet connection still disconnects if put to sleep mode.

Looking forward to your reply..

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10: prevent sleep mode from disconnecting wifi/ethernet

How do I prevent windows 10 from disconnecting my pc when it goes to sleep. see settings below

Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting ethernet 7e133c6f-e993-4a60-b926-0a8142667ca1?upload=true.png

EliasAsmar, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting ethernet

Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie

Thank you for getting back. Can you go back to your Device Manager and check if a power saver option is available?

1. Navigate to Device Manager > Network adapters.
    2. Right-click on your Ethernet connection and click Properties.
    3. Click the Advanced tab.
    4. Under Property, scroll down and look for Save power when system... or
      Energy Efficient Ethernet options.
    5. If you see both or any of the two options, please set the Value to Disabled.
    6. Click OK.

Once done, check again if Ethernet connection still disconnects when computer is put to sleep mode.

Will be waiting for your feedback.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting ethernet

1. Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting ethernet - Similar Threads - Prevent sleep mode

2. Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode: I have Tried every thing to stop it but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-disconnects-when-in-sleep-mode/3d8e59cc-f032-4862-8506-cf9138cb14aa
  3. Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode: I have Tried every thing to stop it but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-disconnects-when-in-sleep-mode/3d8e59cc-f032-4862-8506-cf9138cb14aa
  4. Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode: Ok hows it going guys.This problem started to occur recently. I didnt have it previously.Basicly every time my screen goes black not sleeping, my internet disconnects. im on LAN and not WiFi.I tried to change every single setting.The only thing I cant seem to figure out, is...
  5. Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode: Ok hows it going guys.This problem started to occur recently. I didnt have it previously.Basicly every time my screen goes black not sleeping, my internet disconnects. im on LAN and not WiFi.I tried to change every single setting.The only thing I cant seem to figure out, is...
  6. Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 10: Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting Wifi.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10: Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting Wifi.: I have HP Pavilion eg-0104tx with windows 10. Whenever my Laptop goes to sleep automatically or manually, my laptop disconnects wifi connection. once I start the laptop again, it connects to wifi again. I have tried to find the power options but to no avail. I have also...
  8. Sleep mode disconnecting ethernet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep mode disconnecting ethernet: I've searched near and far and done so many "fixes" and absolutely none work. I've downloaded specific Lan drivers for my mobo, I've changed adapter properties to not allow sleep to disable to save power, I've read/posted on ms forums (useless as always) for wake on magic...
  9. Sleep mode disconnecting ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sleep mode disconnecting ethernet: I've searched near and far and done so many "fixes" and absolutely none work. I've downloaded specific lan drivers for my mobo, I've changed adapter properties to not allow sleep to disable to save power, I've read these ms forums for wake on magic packet/ EEE disabled/green...
  10. Windows 10: prevent sleep mode from disconnecting wifi/ethernet

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10: prevent sleep mode from disconnecting wifi/ethernet: How do I prevent windows 10 from disconnecting my pc when it goes to sleep. see settings below [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-prevent-sleep-mode-from-disconnecting/37583727-30ea-4138-8444-721c1e7bc79e