Windows 10: Prevent sound from unmuting while lowering down the volume

Discus and support Prevent sound from unmuting while lowering down the volume in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a SONY Bravia and a Samsung TV. I know how Bravia doesn't unmute the sound when I lower the volume while Samsung does. This is very convenient... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gamechep, Nov 16, 2018.

1. gamechep Win User

Prevent sound from unmuting while lowering down the volume

I have a SONY Bravia and a Samsung TV. I know how Bravia doesn't unmute the sound when I lower the volume while Samsung does. This is very convenient as the volume takes quite some time to come down to zero which feels like forever if you have loud audio coming from your TV in a particular scene.
    ( Vol+ unmutes it again)

I was wondering if the same could be done for Windows (default audio output)?
    (I know the volume indicator is clickable)

:)

gamechep, Nov 16, 2018
  2. WTweb Win User

Prevent websites from unmuting sound in Windows 10

I have the sound muted in windows 10. Certain websites, CNN in particular, have some way to turn on the system sound. This shouldn't be possible but its happening regularly with Google Chrome. Any suggestions how to prevent a website from unmuting the
    windows system sound?

WTweb, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Windows 10 sound volume suddenly much lower

In the last week I have noticed that although I move the slider to maximum the sound volume is significantly lower. Any suggestions.

GordonBlue3104, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Prevent sound from unmuting while lowering down the volume

unmute microphone in taskbar

Hi Ruth,

This issue might have been caused by a misconfigured settings or incompatible driver. For us to unmute the microphone, please follow these steps:

• At the system tray, right-click on the volume icon.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • On the Sound window, make sure that you are on the Recording tab.
    • On the list of recording devices, double-click on your microphone device.
    • Properties window will open. Click on Levels tab.
    • Increase the Microphone slider to maximum.
    • Click the speaker icon next to it to unmute the microphone.
    • Click on Apply, and then click on OK to save changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Prevent sound from unmuting while lowering down the volume

1. Prevent sound from unmuting while lowering down the volume - Similar Threads - Prevent sound unmuting

2. Bluetooth Speaker at Full Volume; Sounds Like It's Much Lower

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Speaker at Full Volume; Sounds Like It's Much Lower: I have a Bluetooth speaker that suddenly won't output at full volume. The PC and soundbar both show they are at full volume but the sound from the soundbar is very low. I have tried unplugging it, unsyncing it and nothing fixes it....
  3. Prevent sound from unmuting while lowering down the volume

Prevent sound from unmuting while lowering down the volume: I have a SONY Bravia and a Samsung TV. I know how Bravia doesn't unmute the sound when I lower the volume while Samsung does. This is very convenient as the volume takes quite some time to come down to zero which feels like forever if you have loud audio coming from your TV...
  4. sound volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound volume: The maximum volume my computer can produce,can be set by the icon with the speaker, next to the clock at ther bottom of the screen. But can ik do this with a code in in my delphi program? WaveOutputSetVolume does not work....
  5. Left Arrow Key Lowering Volume

Left Arrow Key Lowering Volume: For the last couple months or so the left arrow key on my external keyboard (corsair k40 connected to a dell inspiron 15 5000 series) has reduced the volume and brings up the right click menu on the last thing clicked. I do not know if this is an intended feature or a bug,...
  6. no volume/sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no volume/sound: I HAD MY LENOVO LAPTOP UPDATED AUTOMATICALLY. I HAVE NO SOUND. WHAT CAN I DO TO REMEDY THE PROBLEM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/no-volumesound/7a02cee9-ea9d-4214-8685-5f99fe7d8e9e
  7. Volume/Sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume/Sound: My volume works, but when I press the volume button in the bottom right corner, nothing happens. When it did work, I was able to adjust my volume from 0% (muted) to 100% (full volume) but now nothing pops up. Why did this happen and how do I fix this? I tried talking to a...
  8. System Sounds / other apps automatically lowering my music volume

System Sounds / other apps automatically lowering my music volume: Basically when I listen to music through foobar2000, winamp, any audio player, windows sort of regulates my volume if any other program makes a sound. System sound rings? Music volume lowers. Watching a video on youtube or any other service, music volume lowers, playing a...
  9. Sound problem - volume lowered at startup

Sound problem - volume lowered at startup: No matter what I do the volume setting is always lowered at startup. I hope there's a setting somewhere that I'm missing. Could it be a Realtek setting/problem? Any ideas? 27379
  10. Some sounds are toned down in Volume Mixer by "default"

Some sounds are toned down in Volume Mixer by "default": Title really says it all.. This is rather recent though, I could not trace what I did that caused the system to automatically adjust certain apps' sounds as it pleases. It's both a nuisance and an inconvenience to have to go into Volume Mixer and up the volume of almost...