Windows 10: Prevent sound from unmuting while lowering down the volume

Discus and support Prevent sound from unmuting while lowering down the volume in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a SONY Bravia and a Samsung TV. I know how Bravia doesn't unmute the sound when I lower the volume while Samsung does. This is very convenient... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gamechep, Nov 16, 2018.

1. gamechep Win User

Prevent sound from unmuting while lowering down the volume

I have a SONY Bravia and a Samsung TV. I know how Bravia doesn't unmute the sound when I lower the volume while Samsung does. This is very convenient as the volume takes quite some time to come down to zero which feels like forever if you have loud audio coming from your TV in a particular scene.
    ( Vol+ unmutes it again)

I was wondering if the same could be done for Windows (default audio output)?
    (I know the volume indicator is clickable)

:)

gamechep, Nov 16, 2018
  2. WTweb Win User

Prevent websites from unmuting sound in Windows 10

I have the sound muted in windows 10. Certain websites, CNN in particular, have some way to turn on the system sound. This shouldn't be possible but its happening regularly with Google Chrome. Any suggestions how to prevent a website from unmuting the
    windows system sound?

WTweb, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Windows 10 sound volume suddenly much lower

In the last week I have noticed that although I move the slider to maximum the sound volume is significantly lower. Any suggestions.

GordonBlue3104, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Prevent sound from unmuting while lowering down the volume

unmute microphone in taskbar

Hi Ruth,

This issue might have been caused by a misconfigured settings or incompatible driver. For us to unmute the microphone, please follow these steps:

• At the system tray, right-click on the volume icon.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • On the Sound window, make sure that you are on the Recording tab.
    • On the list of recording devices, double-click on your microphone device.
    • Properties window will open. Click on Levels tab.
    • Increase the Microphone slider to maximum.
    • Click the speaker icon next to it to unmute the microphone.
    • Click on Apply, and then click on OK to save changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Prevent sound from unmuting while lowering down the volume

1. Prevent sound from unmuting while lowering down the volume - Similar Threads - Prevent sound unmuting

2. How to Mute or Unmute Sound Volume in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Mute or Unmute Sound Volume in Windows 10: In Windows 10, you can easily adjust the volume level of individual devices and apps, in some cases, you may just want to mute and unmute the volume as needed without affecting the set volume level. In this post, we will show you how to mute or unmute Sound Volume in Windows...
  3. The speakers reproduce sounds at a lowered volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The speakers reproduce sounds at a lowered volume: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/r4f43l_gu3rr3r0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqshrm/the_speakers_reproduce_sounds_at_a_lowered_volume/
  4. unmuting sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unmuting sound: I can't hear sounds through my external speakers. Down in the bottom right hand corner of my screen is a little icon showing a speaker with an X next to it. In the past I have unmuted the sound by clicking on the X. But now clicking on it does not unmute it. I also can't get...
  5. How lower the sound volume?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How lower the sound volume?: Hello every one: Every time reboot the w10, the small speaker icon in the right bottom tray indicates the volume 80%. it is really too high for me. How can I fix it to a lower value? say 40%. Thanks! --- Zhao...
  6. System sounds unmutes themselves and volume maxes out

System sounds unmutes themselves and volume maxes out: I ran into a lot of issues last month, after being forced to update my windows version. Every time I take a screenshot, or get a notification, I always get those annoying sounds, so I mute system sounds. After closing Volume Mixer, System Sounds unmute themselves and also...
  7. Sound mixer lowers my applications volume

Sound mixer lowers my applications volume: When i start a game somewhere while im on discord or internet , the sound on mixer starts oscillating and sometimes it gets really low so i need to go to the mixer and up the volume of one app to hear it better. Does anyone know what i have to deactivate or do to remove that...
  8. Volume Mixer Shows Sound Muting and Unmuting

Volume Mixer Shows Sound Muting and Unmuting: As of recently I've been experiencing some sound problems. At first it showed my volume unmuting and muting very quickly when I wasn't doing anything. I did some troubleshooting and it told me that "opening audio enhancements might help", and gives me an option to open or to...
  9. Prevent sound from unmuting while lowering down the volume

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent sound from unmuting while lowering down the volume: I have a SONY Bravia and a Samsung TV. I know how Bravia doesn't unmute the sound when I lower the volume while Samsung does. This is very convenient as the volume takes quite some time to come down to zero which feels like forever if you have loud audio coming from your TV...
  10. Sound problem - volume lowered at startup

Sound problem - volume lowered at startup: No matter what I do the volume setting is always lowered at startup. I hope there's a setting somewhere that I'm missing. Could it be a Realtek setting/problem? Any ideas? 27379