Windows 10: Prevent Students Using Quora

Discus and support Prevent Students Using Quora in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am attempting to prevent my students from using Quora. Either by registry setting or Google Chrome settings. Students need to use GMail for school... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SSN651, Oct 1, 2020.

1. SSN651 Win User

Prevent Students Using Quora

I am attempting to prevent my students from using Quora. Either by registry setting or Google Chrome settings.

Students need to use GMail for school communications, and it seems Quora Digest is showing in the Social category.

When the link is activated for the Quora, the address bar changes...
    Gmail
    To:
    Gmail
    I want to really set a BLACKLIST item for this, but don't understand how to trap Quora.

Thankx!

:)

SSN651, Oct 1, 2020
  2. SamR0528 Win User

When using Quora (Win10 MS Edge) using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to cut and paste into a reply or comment results in the display of the HTML assciated with the text. How do I get just text?

Using Web app Quora with WIn10 and MS Edge

When I use CTRL+C to cut text from any website and then use CTRL+V to insert it into my Quora reply/comment the associated HTML is also displayed.

The only way I can work around this is to

• Paste the cut into Notepad (CTRL+V)
    • Recopy it (CTRL+C)
    • Paste the new snippet into Quora (CTRL+V)
    It appears from interaction with others on Quora that this is a MS Edge problem and the suggestion is I use Chrome instead.

I would prefer to use MS Edge

Any solution?

BTW It is a sad comment that the Category list below does not include MS Edge but only refers to Internet Explorer...

SamR0528, Oct 1, 2020
  3. SSN651 Win User
    Preventing Use of Microsoft Store for Students

I had the Microsoft Store blocked by using registry entries. Lately that has become ineffective. I am using Win10 PRO-2004.

I have used:
    Code:
    I have also set the Local Security Policy to prevent use for the Students:

Prevent Students Using Quora [​IMG]

I need help blocking the Store with the new culture MS has adopted.

Thank you

SSN651, Oct 1, 2020
  4. z3r010 Win User

Office 365 Education free to students and teachers in US

Read more - Making it easier for teachers and students to work together - Office Blogs

z3r010, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Prevent Students Using Quora - Similar Threads - Prevent Students Using

2. Student activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Student activation: Hello, I'm a student I'm trying to download microsoft 365 to my computer and it's not running, can someone assist me? Thank you, my email *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. windows for students

windows for students: Im an college student and my windows license expired. How can I get another one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-for-students/19659d4c-63d2-4364-bc02-cced305c17e5
  4. SET UP SEPARATE LOGIN FOR STUDENTS TO USE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SET UP SEPARATE LOGIN FOR STUDENTS TO USE: I bought a computer to be used by students attending my medical training school. I set up the computer using my Microsoft account, but then all my personal stuff email and all my desktop icons displays. I don't want them to see any of that. How do I set up a separate login...
  5. SET UP SEPARATE LOGIN FOR STUDENTS TO USE

SET UP SEPARATE LOGIN FOR STUDENTS TO USE: I bought a computer to be used by students attending my medical training school. I set up the computer using my Microsoft account, but then all my personal stuff email and all my desktop icons displays. I don't want them to see any of that. How do I set up a separate login...
  6. Quora quandry

Quora quandry: I am somewhat addicted to Quora, I wish I was not, I waste too much time on it, but now I am being deprived of it by a peculiar glitch. When I try to read a posting and the answers / comments on it, the webpage gets stuck and only lets me read the first few lines. This may be...
  7. Preventing Use of Microsoft Store for Students

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preventing Use of Microsoft Store for Students: I had the Microsoft Store blocked by using registry entries. Lately that has become ineffective. I am using Win10 PRO-2004. I have used: Code: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsStore\AutoDownload = 2...
  8. Windows 10 Home and Student. "Microsoft respects your privacy" on screen is preventing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Home and Student. "Microsoft respects your privacy" on screen is preventing...: I constantly get "Microsoft respects your privacy" on the screen. No option to delete only "learn more' which then brings up "Diagnostic data" screen. I am unable to access downloads from attachments because WORD is already open with these screens that I can't delete. 365...
  9. Linkedin Students

Linkedin Students: I was wondering if linked in was available for anybody at all yet on windows 10. Also, will there be a student discount like there was in microsoft 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linkedin-students/5d579633-49e2-4905-b874-12410de1ce58
  10. student login

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    student login: I was told at school that you have a free version of Windows 10 for students. Where do I go to login. I downloaded the free version of office but forgot where to log into https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/student-login/3800866a-241a-4594-b664-4927a1e0622a"