Windows 10: Prevent Sync Settings

Discus and support Prevent Sync Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm performing a full re-install of Windows 10, and using my Microsoft Account to sign-in with. All of which is working perfectly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tim Gulliver, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Prevent Sync Settings

Hi all,

I'm performing a full re-install of Windows 10, and using my Microsoft Account to sign-in with. All of which is working perfectly.

However, it is automatically syncing setting from my previous windows install. It appears that sync setrings is turned on by default.

I know that I can go into options and turn it off, but all the settings are already applied.

Is there a way to completely disable this function during the re-install and setup phase to prevent the initial setting sync? As in, can I get a full fresh install? I did not see an option for this during the install phase.

I realise that in order to achieve this, I'll need to go back and do another re-install, which I am quite happy to do.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

:)

Tim Gulliver, Nov 29, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Turn On or Off Sync Settings for Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Hello Balubeto,

Yep. You can do what's in the green information box at the top of the tutorial to delete your PC if listed to remove the synced items. Be sure to turn off sync first to prevent your sync settings from just getting backed up again. Prevent Sync Settings :)

Brink, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Prevent Sync Settings

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Prevent Sync Settings

1. Prevent Sync Settings - Similar Threads - Prevent Sync Settings

2. Syncing Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing Settings: Hi All, Is it possible to transfer settings across accounts on the same PC? This is a family account that is corrupted and I kind of wanted to switch to a local account to get rid of the problem...
  3. Syncing Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Syncing Settings: Hi All, Is it possible to transfer settings across accounts in the same PC? THis is a family account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-settings/1b84cf76-8d89-400f-8a4a-8914db6aeea7
  4. Syncing settings

Syncing settings: I got a new laptop for work and in setting it up synced the settings from my personal microsoft account I use on my PC at home. Instead of taking all my personal PC settings to the laptop it took the laptop settings to my PC. How do I undo and reverse this? Thank...
  5. Sync My Settings Not Syncing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sync My Settings Not Syncing: I had a problem previously related to my sync setting being greyed out. Now i have my 2 pcs logged in with a online Microsoft account, all the sync settings are turned on with both pc's. Still it does not seem to be syncing. Any suggestions guys? 147892
  6. Sync Settings

Sync Settings: Hi everyone, I have questions about what kind of app data is synchronized with the Sync Settings function in my windows PC. Does Sync Settings send app data from the hidden AppData folder in my PC (Local, Local low, and Roaming folders) to OneDrive? Does it send settings...
  7. sync settings

sync settings: I am running windows 10 and i am supposedly the administrator of this pc when i go to settings and my sync options i get a message that i can not change these settings because they are hidden or managed by my organization what is this...
  8. Sync Settings

Sync Settings: What does this mean when I am wanting to Sync my settings "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation"?? How do I get rid of this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-settings/ec8a40c1-2ef7-4dce-a71f-fc49733aaf22
  9. settings sync

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    settings sync: ok so my sync windows settings in on in win 10 and I have signed into Microsoft account in windows. if I reinstall windows how do I restore all my settings...
  10. Sync settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sync settings: Hello Guys, Could anyone tell me how often windows 10 syncs setting to OneDrive, to get to it I logged into my Microsoft account/OneDrive/Settings (gear wheel top right of IE window) then device backup's in left menu. I have just installed Windows 10 and noticed that...