Windows 10: Prevent the hdmi from going to sleep

Discus and support Prevent the hdmi from going to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0686no I have two monitors connected. Another DVI port and another HDMI port.I want the DVI port to go to sleep and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dcesko, Oct 6, 2020.

1. dcesko Win User

Prevent the hdmi from going to sleep

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0686no

I have two monitors connected. Another DVI port and another HDMI port.I want the DVI port to go to sleep and the HDMI port to stay active when the monitor is in sleep mode.I listen to music and watch movies through the HDMI port and when the screen goes to sleep it disconnects the HDMI port as well.I don’t want to keep the screen setting on Never Sleep.

:)

dcesko, Oct 6, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Preventing sleep on laptop/monitor

Hi Tricia,

In order to help you with your concern about preventing your Windows 10 not to go to sleep mode, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current Build and Version of your Windows 10 PC? To know these information follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small box will appear showing the current Build and
      Version
      of your PC.

(Should you need to update your PC, you may click on this
    link
    . This will also show you the update history for Windows 10.)

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly post it here.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

You may utilize the troubleshooting suggestions from the post of
    Aleksandr 10 in this thread, to remedy the
    automatic sleep that your device is displaying. This link has been helpful to a lot of Community members who had the same concern and may also be helpful in the issue at hand.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Oct 6, 2020
  4. DrPepper Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Prevent the hdmi from going to sleep - Similar Threads - Prevent hdmi going

2. Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode: Hello, as per title, gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode. Niether timed, neither enforced via console sleep works.I have three gamepads at my disposal, different brands, neither of them use any special software; and all three of them cause this problem. This issue...
  3. Gamepad prevents my monitors and PCs from going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Gamepad prevents my monitors and PCs from going to sleep: Hi, I own two PDP Rock Candy 360 gamepads for PC Windows 10, updated. If plugged, the Rock Candy prevents: - my monitor from going to sleep after some time of inactivity - my PC from going to sleep after some time of inactivity Tested on two different PCs and monitors....
  4. Update Preventing Windows Going into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update Preventing Windows Going into Sleep Mode: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Build 18363.1411 Hi All For the past couple of weeks, my PC has stopped going into Sleep Mode by itself. It works if I manually put it to sleep, but not if I rely on my Power Plan and am away from the PC for a while. I've changed nothing in...
  5. Update Preventing Windows Going into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Update Preventing Windows Going into Sleep Mode: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Build 18363.1411 Hi All For the past couple of weeks, my PC has stopped going into Sleep Mode by itself. It works if I manually put it to sleep, but not if I rely on my Power Plan and am away from the PC for a while. I've changed nothing in...
  6. Preventing a computer from going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preventing a computer from going to sleep: With everyone working remotely, I worked hard to make sure that our computers at the office never went to sleep. There used to be separate sections on the Power and Sleep settings allowing you to tell the computer to never go to sleep. Well an update must have gone out and...
  7. app preventing windows from going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    app preventing windows from going to sleep: hi all, i use an app called ISPY to monitor cameras on my cctv dvr, now the problem is, this app is meant to be used as a server. I don't use it as such and would like to disable the ability it has to not let the PC sleep. is there a way I can disable "wake" for some app and...
  8. Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep

Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep: Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep... My laptop has forgotten how to sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preventing-laptop-from-going-to-shutdown-after/8b921561-ada1-4c25-9764-508dfc615bab
  9. Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep: when i make my laptop sleep and open it after some time it is already shut down, it never opens from where i left it what must i do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preventing-laptop-from-going-to-shutdown-after/d1107476-8cba-4411-a25a-ce29088e1cf4
  10. How to prevent external HDD from going to sleep?

How to prevent external HDD from going to sleep?: I have four external hard disks connected to my laptop either directly or through a USB hub. I have searched the issue that I'm asking about, but I have not found a definitive answer. The most common solution appears to be to use a program to write a small file to each hard...