Windows 10: Prevent the popup "Get the new Microsoft Edge"

Discus and support Prevent the popup "Get the new Microsoft Edge" in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have Microsoft Edge and I do use it. However my default browser is Firefox. Every day when I first open Firefox I get a popup saying "Get the new... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by TVJohn, Jul 12, 2020.

1. TVJohn Win User

Prevent the popup "Get the new Microsoft Edge"

I have Microsoft Edge and I do use it. However my default browser is Firefox. Every day when I first open Firefox I get a popup saying "Get the new Microsoft Edge". A common suggested solution is to turn off 'get tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows'; however, this is set to off by my company (it being a work laptop). Does anyone have another suggestion?

Prevent the popup "Get the new Microsoft Edge" [​IMG]

Thanks

:)

TVJohn, Jul 12, 2020
  2. TVJohn Win User

I have Microsoft Edge and I do use it. However my default browser is Firefox. Every day when I first open Firefox I get a popup saying "Get the new Microsoft Edge". A common suggested solution is to turn off 'get tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows'; however, this is set to off by my company (it being a work laptop). Does anyone have another suggestion?

Prevent the popup "Get the new Microsoft Edge" [​IMG]

Thanks

TVJohn, Jul 12, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User

Hi, there is this, but I don't know if it helps with any notification.
    Disable Installation of Microsoft Edge by Windows Update in Windows 10

- this sounds much more as if it's somehow related to Firefox.

Have you tried launching Firefox in its Safe Mode to check whether it's related to an add-on?

However note this, which suggests it isn't FF-related.
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...ps/m-p/1492356

I use FF and occasionally others and have never seen this popup- and don't have FF's popup blocker enabled.

Also noted: new Edge ads in the Start Menu:
    Microsoft is showing ads for Edge in the Windows 10 Start menu if you search for rival browsers

dalchina, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Prevent the popup "Get the new Microsoft Edge"

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Prevent the popup "Get the new Microsoft Edge" - Similar Threads - Prevent popup Microsoft

2. Microsoft Edge popup

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge popup: Every so often, I get a popup message on my PC with a Microsoft Edge logo, telling me things like "Pin your favorite sites", with the choices "Pin Now" and "Later". How can I eliminate these popups? If that cannot be done, I would like to remove Microsoft Edge from my system....
  3. How to prevent users from adding new profile in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from adding new profile in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]If you want to prevent users from adding a new profile in Microsoft Edge, then here’s how you go about doing it. You can block […] This article How to prevent users from adding new profile in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Prevent the popup "Get the new Microsoft Edge"

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent the popup "Get the new Microsoft Edge": I have Microsoft Edge and I do use it. However my default browser is Firefox. Every day when I first open Firefox I get a popup saying "Get the new Microsoft Edge". A common suggested solution is to turn off 'get tips, tricks and suggestions as you use Windows'; however, this...
  5. the new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the new Microsoft Edge: After downloading the new Microsoft Edge I have no sound whenever I'm on a website which use audio; videos, music, News videos no sound but, only when using Edge browser. Internet explorer browser still works fine, how do you fix this?...
  6. New Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Microsoft Edge?: How do I access my email in New Microsoft Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-microsoft-edge/609e36ef-8fa0-4e20-8fbc-9d9373c327fa
  7. Microsoft Improving Tracking Prevention in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Improving Tracking Prevention in Microsoft Edge: Today, we’re excited to announce some improvements to our tracking prevention feature that have started rolling out with Microsoft Edge 79. In our last blog post about tracking prevention in Microsoft Edge, we mentioned that we are experimenting with ways that our Balanced...
  8. Scareware popups with Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scareware popups with Edge: Lately, I've gotten 4 or 5 "scareware" full screen popups with Edge browser. Most ot the time I either close the popup or have to close Edge and they go away. One I had to reboot. Things like your PC is infected, all files are locked, and this morning a notice that Norton...
  9. "Get Microsoft Edge on your phone" harassment popups

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Get Microsoft Edge on your phone" harassment popups: Micro$oft has taken up a new habit of begging me to put Edge on my phone - with popups showing up pretty much every day. I don't WANT to put Edge on my phone. I DON'T EVEN WANT EDGE ON MY COMPUTER! HOW do I make it stop harassing me about this???...
  10. Preventing Popups

in Windows 10 Support
    Preventing Popups: Running Windows 10 on 64-bit ASUS M32 PC Short of switching to Linux, how can I suppress the popup ads that have begun appearing on the Windows desktop since the last update from Microsoft? 98493