Windows 10: Prevent the taskbar icon from flashing when a background app has an event.

Discus and support Prevent the taskbar icon from flashing when a background app has an event. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When an app window is in the background and there's some kind of event, the taskbar icon flashes orange a few times. Then it glows steady orange. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by luarasaur, Jun 22, 2020.

1. luarasaur Win User

Prevent the taskbar icon from flashing when a background app has an event.

When an app window is in the background and there's some kind of event, the taskbar icon flashes orange a few times. Then it glows steady orange.

How can I change this so the taskbar icon doesn't flash at all, just glows orange?

Can this be done without changing the Windows registry?

:)

luarasaur, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Windows APPS ICON NOT SHOWING PROPERLY on taskbar

It's been couple of days since I upgraded my system to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Everything is working fine except this nasty error. If I pin apps to taskbar or run apps , the app icons on the taskbar are shown as white square. And I am seeing the same thing on Apps & Feature settings list. The icons are there but as the backgrounds are shown as grey-white chequered pattern (for the transparency ), it looks like white squares. Rebuilt the icon cache but to no avail.
    Prevent the taskbar icon from flashing when a background app has an event. [​IMG]

Prevent the taskbar icon from flashing when a background app has an event. [​IMG]
    And on the start menu everything looks fine.

HyperionFumed, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Prevent the taskbar icon from flashing when a background app has an event.

Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Prevent the taskbar icon from flashing when a background app has an event.

1. Prevent the taskbar icon from flashing when a background app has an event. - Similar Threads - Prevent taskbar icon

2. Black Background and Flashing Taskbar // explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Background and Flashing Taskbar // explorer.exe: When i start my pc explorer.exe keeps crashing and i get a black background with blinking taskbar but only when shutdown not on restart.previously i kept getting this error but when i restarted the pc not shut it down after in-place upgrade it now does this on shutdown not on...
  3. Black Background and Flashing Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Background and Flashing Taskbar: Whenever i restart windows the background becomes black and my taskbar is blinking for ~ 1/2 minutesHowever it doesn't happen when i shutdown only when i restartI ran sfc /scannowIt said it found problems and fixed it but nothing has changedand in task manager explorer.exe...
  4. Black Background and Flashing Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Background and Flashing Taskbar: Whenever i restart windows the background becomes black and my taskbar is blinking for ~ 1/2 minutesHowever it doesn't happen when i shutdown only when i restartI ran sfc /scannowIt said it found problems and fixed it but nothing has changedand in task manager explorer.exe...
  5. Black Background and Flashing Taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. TaskBar Icon Background Not taskbar Background not changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    TaskBar Icon Background Not taskbar Background not changing: I know no one understood the title so, Picture , that glowy thing dosen't go off its bugging me it does not even go off after I open the app it usually goes out I guess so someone help me...
  7. Stop taskbar icons from flashing when there's been an alert

Stop taskbar icons from flashing when there's been an alert: When a program has an alert of some sort and it isn't in the foreground, the corresponding taskbar icon flashes orange a few times, then glows solid orange. It's useful to have it glow solid orange. But how to disable the flashing? Is it possible to prevent it from...
  8. Flashing taskbar grey desktop background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flashing taskbar grey desktop background: I had a temp account i got logged into after a bsod so i found a tutorial that said delete the temp account file and change the bak at the end of my user to nothing and then log back in but now it it gives me a grey background with a flashing taskbar. Any help? Thanks...
  9. Taskbar icon flashing

Taskbar icon flashing: When you start a program in Windows, the icon on the taskbar flashes Orange, presumably to alert you that it's open (as though you did not know already that XD). I want it to not do that. It is incredibly distracting, and not very user-friendly trying to work and iTunes or...
  10. Taskbar icons flashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Taskbar icons flashing: Hi everyone, I have a problem I hope you can help me to solve it. Whenever I open Windows Explorer, go to any folder which contains a .avi video file, the taskbar icons will start flashing or blinking non stop. As soon as I close the Explorer, the blinking stops. Please help!...