Windows 10: Prevent ".tmp.drivedownload folder in OneDrive" appearing on Desktop

Discus and support Prevent ".tmp.drivedownload folder in OneDrive" appearing on Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I prevent appearing ".tmp.drivedownload folder in OneDrive" folder appearing on Desktop? I tried deleting it several times. In a previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Oct 6, 2020.

1. Prevent ".tmp.drivedownload folder in OneDrive" appearing on Desktop

How can I prevent appearing ".tmp.drivedownload folder in OneDrive" folder appearing on Desktop?

I tried deleting it several times. In a previous posting I got an answer that it is a temporary folder when some file is downloaded from 'Google Drive', but I do not see any option to tweak it for my purpose

Dr Abdul Rsheed

:)

Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Oct 6, 2020

2. onedrive Online folder does not appear in OneDrive desktop app

I have a folder on OneDrive that appears when I look at it in a browser but does not appear in the OneDrive desktop app. How can I get it to synch there?

Thank you

froggygremblin, Oct 6, 2020
  3. mystvearn Win User
    Making PC desktop path native to onedrive folder?

Hi, I am using Microsoft office 365 as part of my institution package. Is it possible for the PC desktop files to natively display a folder from the onedrive? I want to make all common C: locations to onedrive locations. So if anything happens, I always have everything sync online?

Previously I synced the locations so from "C:\user\username" to other places on the PC. Previously, I use syncback to syncfolders to Onedrive and other HD's. However, this step is just redundant. When you sync onedrive to the PC, you still need to specify a place on the PC. So from "C:\user\username\ onedrive". Technically, Onedrive still uses a physical place on the PC to store files.
    So what I did is that I specify which part of the onedrive to replace "My Documents", "My Pictures", "Downloads" folder in the quick access. I am having a problem specifying or replacing the Desktop folder. Is it possible to change my native desktop to display directly the desktop on the onedrive online? The only problem I see is application shortcuts. You cannot specify a shortcut to appear on the onedrive folder. Aside from that, I get full autosave function of MS files which is connected to Onedrive. If it is not possible to replace the desktop file, I will still use the same solution with syncback.

Thanks for the suggestions.

mystvearn, Oct 6, 2020
  4. AndreyT Win User

Prevent ".tmp.drivedownload folder in OneDrive" appearing on Desktop

"Email Attachments" folder appears in my OneDrive. Why?

Basically, the problem is unsolvable at the time.

"The feature to permanently prevent OneDrive from creating the Email Attachments folder is not yet available."

Also: Please don't auto-create the email attachments folder – Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

Those geniuses at Microsoft did it again... Facepalm.

AndreyT, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Prevent ".tmp.drivedownload folder in OneDrive" appearing on Desktop

1. Prevent ".tmp.drivedownload folder in OneDrive" appearing on Desktop - Similar Threads - Prevent tmp drivedownload

2. Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting: I have checked Environment Variables. Both "TEMP" and "TMP" are set to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.Any advice? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tmp-files-appearing-in-folders-and-not-deleting/87e480be-1879-4f00-b1a6-1f43ab0db03c
  3. Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting: I have checked Environment Variables. Both "TEMP" and "TMP" are set to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.Any advice? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tmp-files-appearing-in-folders-and-not-deleting/87e480be-1879-4f00-b1a6-1f43ab0db03c
  4. What is the "TMP" folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the "TMP" folder?: I have this "TMP" folder on my second drive : And inside of it, there are a lot of strange files :Can I delete this folder safely? Because some files are new from today in it 13 GB, so I don't know if it's a Windows thing...
  5. What is the "TMP" folder?

What is the "TMP" folder?: I have this "TMP" folder on my second drive : And inside of it, there are a lot of strange files :Can I delete this folder safely? Because some files are new from today in it 13 GB, so I don't know if it's a Windows thing...
  6. Exported Word PDFs NOT Appearing in Desktop OR OneDrive Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exported Word PDFs NOT Appearing in Desktop OR OneDrive Folders: I am having an issue accessing successfully exported PDFs from Word documents in both the desktop folder AND on OneDrive, however, I am able to view them in those folders prior to saving them see images below.--------------------------------------------------LEFT IMAGE- When...
  7. Exported Word PDFs NOT Appearing in Desktop OR OneDrive Folders

Exported Word PDFs NOT Appearing in Desktop OR OneDrive Folders: I am having an issue accessing successfully exported PDFs from Word documents in both the desktop folder AND on OneDrive, however, I am able to view them in those folders prior to saving them see images below.--------------------------------------------------LEFT IMAGE- When...
  8. Desktop folder is in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop folder is in OneDrive: I got a new PC and going through the windows explorer I discovered that the desktop folder is placed in OneDrive subfolder rather than directly in users folder . Is there any way I can move it back to C:/Users/<User> [ATTACH]...
  9. Folders for OneDrive and Adobe Creative Cloud appear on Desktop

Folders for OneDrive and Adobe Creative Cloud appear on Desktop: Hello, without my intervention probably with some recent Windows upgrade, three new Folders have appeared on my Desktop: two for different OneDrive accounts personal and university-provided and one for Adobe Creative Cloud. Note that these are not just shortcuts....
  10. Desktop folder in OneDrive

Desktop folder in OneDrive: I got a new laptop and going through the windows explorer I discovered that the desktop folder is placed in OneDrive subfolder rather than directly in users folder . Is there any way I can move it back to C:/Users/<User> Hope for a quick reply....