Windows 10: prevent "web apps" from closing when edge close

Discus and support prevent "web apps" from closing when edge close in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I have some site installed as apps, amazon prime for example, really useful. But when I close edge opened web apps close too. I already change... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by fred41, Dec 16, 2020.

1. fred41 Win User

prevent "web apps" from closing when edge close

Hi,

I have some site installed as apps, amazon prime for example, really useful.

But when I close edge opened web apps close too.

I already change "Continue running background apps when Microsoft Edge is closed" to "On", but nothing change.

Is it a known problem, Is there a workaround?

Thanks

Windows 10 x64 pro version 2004 (19041.685)

Edge Stable Version 87.0.664.60

:)

fred41, Dec 16, 2020
  2. Martmcd Win User

How to close edge that is locked into a hostile web page?

• if it will let you, click on the 3 dots on the top right and go to settings, under 'open with' make sure that previous pages is not selected.
    • close Edge using Task Manager
    • search for a web address in Cortana (eg type www.google.co.uk into Cortana)
      Edge will open with your selected sit and the dodgy one, do not click on any other tabs.
    • close edge in the normal way (i.e. click the X)

Edge should now open normally, you can change the setting back if you wish.

[edit] if it wont let you do step 1 do steps 2&3 then start at 1 again

Martmcd, Dec 16, 2020
  3. SaltyNutz Win User
    Problem with closing a web tab/site

I have an issue i can easily fix when using windows 7 IE but this edge is another issue but anyways here it goes.

With windows 7 when i have an issue with a web page that a pop up locks me into that screen and I cannot close that web window I can easily open task manager and end that 1 window without closing any other open web sites i was currently on but I can't figure out how to do the same with windows 10 edge.

With windows 10 edge i have to reboot the pc because even when ending the microsoft edge process then re openeing edge all the opened web sites are still there including the one that prevents me from doing anything as i am unable to close any of the web windows unless i reboot

SaltyNutz, Dec 16, 2020
  4. prevent "web apps" from closing when edge close

Internet Not Working in Edge & Windows Store Apps, Edge Won't Close

I've been having this problem since I upgraded to the creator's update. Sometimes everything works perfectly, but most of the time I have these issues:

• Edge won't connect to internet or load anything
    • I can't close tabs in Edge
    • The "Close all tabs" option in edge doesn't work, only closes 1 tab
    • I can only get Edge to close using Task Manager
    • Windows Store apps like Twitter and Netflix won't connect and also sometimes won't close
    • I can't check for Windows updates through settings (won't connect again)

The internet works on third party apps that weren't downloaded in the Windows Store, like Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Spotify. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this or how I could fix it? Thanks so much!

ineedhelppls, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

prevent "web apps" from closing when edge close

1. prevent "web apps" from closing when edge close - Similar Threads - prevent web apps

2. edge closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge closing: Edge closing unexpectedly and there is a Restore button. When I push it, it goes away. Its kind of annoying and I dont want it that way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-closing/9b27d03c-861f-4fe2-917c-3775a451244e
  3. edge closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    edge closing: Edge closing unexpectedly and there is a Restore button. When I push it, it goes away. Its kind of annoying and I dont want it that way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-closing/9b27d03c-861f-4fe2-917c-3775a451244e
  4. Apps closing when laptop lid is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps closing when laptop lid is closed: I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface and all my open apps force close when the laptop lid has been closed overnight. I've checked all previous solutions posted on this site and nothing works. Very Annoying, can someone help resolve asap? ? It really shouldn't be this...
  5. Prevent Windows 10 from Closing Programs When Closing Laptop Lid

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent Windows 10 from Closing Programs When Closing Laptop Lid: Hello! Whenever my computer falls asleep, either automatically from leaving the lid open or closing the lid, all of the programs I had up close down. It looks like Microsoft is exiting out of and shutting down all programs that were open. This has been incredibly...
  6. How to prevent close of (new) Microsoft Edge browser when last tab is closed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent close of (new) Microsoft Edge browser when last tab is closed?: Is there any way to do it via an extension or setting? Firefox can do it. Thanks. submitted by /u/puppy2016 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gxmuo9/how_to_prevent_close_of_new_microsoft_edge/
  7. Prevent Windows mail app from closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Windows mail app from closing: Hey everyone so I have a very small issue. I want to make the windows mail app that comes with Windows 10 to not be able to close. I also wante it to start up when the computer boots. Basically I don't want the app to close when I press the x button. I have already locked...
  8. Edge closes when minimized

in Browsers and Email
    Edge closes when minimized: Hello, while I am online and if I minimize the window, Edge closes. This seems to be happening after the most recent update to Windows Defender. Can someone help? Thank you 120625
  9. Edge closes when minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge closes when minimized: Hello, while I am online and if I minimize the window, Edge closes. This seems to be happening after the most recent update to Windows Defender. Can someone help? Thank you 120625
  10. Edge not closing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not closing: I have windows 10 professional. Microsoft Edge is not closing properly. I press x and nothing happens. I have to use task manager to close edge. I can browse pages and some functions work. others dont, like i cannot open a new window and No history is being saved either....