Windows 10: prevent windows 11 download/installation after going back to windows 10

Discus and support prevent windows 11 download/installation after going back to windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I wanted to check out windows 11, so I downloaded and installed it. As soon as it was booted up, performance was wacked. My ram usage at idle was about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BrianHarr1, Dec 29, 2021.

1. prevent windows 11 download/installation after going back to windows 10

I wanted to check out windows 11, so I downloaded and installed it. As soon as it was booted up, performance was wacked. My ram usage at idle was about 78% from 8gb installed. Opening a single chrome tab bumped that up to 85%. The computer was sluggish, and the fans were on overdrive.I went back to windows 10 as soon as I could. For comparison, my computer is currently at 78% ram usage while running word, git bash, anaconda, pc health check, 2 file explorer windows, settings, calculator, task manager, 9 Firefox tabs, and 10 chrome tabs.My issue is that when I went back to windows 10, windows a

:)

BrianHarr1, Dec 29, 2021
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Dec 29, 2021
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 29, 2021
  4. prevent windows 11 download/installation after going back to windows 10

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 29, 2021
Thema:

prevent windows 11 download/installation after going back to windows 10

1. prevent windows 11 download/installation after going back to windows 10 - Similar Threads - prevent download installation

2. Can’t go back to windows 10 20 hours after windows 11 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t go back to windows 10 20 hours after windows 11 installation: Hello, i recently gave in and tried windows 11 after wanting something new only to be met with a buggy, uncustomizable, and generally horrible experience. I went to go back to ten planning on not staying in 11 for not the single minute more but was met with a “We’re sorry,...
  3. Can’t go back to windows 10 20 hours after windows 11 installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t go back to windows 10 20 hours after windows 11 installation: Hello, i recently gave in and tried windows 11 after wanting something new only to be met with a buggy, uncustomizable, and generally horrible experience. I went to go back to ten planning on not staying in 11 for not the single minute more but was met with a “We’re sorry,...
  4. Can’t go back to Windows 10 after updating to Windows 11

Can’t go back to Windows 10 after updating to Windows 11: As the title says. Yesterday, so within 10 days, I updated to Windows 11. In settings I can’t see the option “go back”, only “reset this pc” and “advanced startup”. How can I go back to Windows 10?...
  5. Going back to Windows 10. * used windows 11 installation assistant to download it *

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Going back to Windows 10. * used windows 11 installation assistant to download it *: So basically, i'd like to know how to go back to windows 10.. I found out that i can't do it from settings because of the way I downloaded it, but I'm wondering if there's another way to go back ....
  6. Going back to Windows 10. * used windows 11 installation assistant to download it *

Going back to Windows 10. * used windows 11 installation assistant to download it *: So basically, i'd like to know how to go back to windows 10.. I found out that i can't do it from settings because of the way I downloaded it, but I'm wondering if there's another way to go back ....
  7. prevent windows 11 download/installation after going back to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    prevent windows 11 download/installation after going back to windows 10: I wanted to check out windows 11, so I downloaded and installed it. As soon as it was booted up, performance was wacked. My ram usage at idle was about 78% from 8gb installed. Opening a single chrome tab bumped that up to 85%. The computer was sluggish, and the fans were on...
  8. Going back to windows 11 after downgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Going back to windows 11 after downgrading to windows 10: I have a question. I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 now I want to go back to windows 10. I still have time to go back to 10. After downgrading the windows 11 upgrade will be still available or not?Cause I want to use windows 10 till Sept 2022.Cause the free upgrade will end...
  9. Going back to windows 11 after downgrading to windows 10

Going back to windows 11 after downgrading to windows 10: I have a question. I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 now I want to go back to windows 10. I still have time to go back to 10. After downgrading the windows 11 upgrade will be still available or not?Cause I want to use windows 10 till Sept 2022.Cause the free upgrade will end...
  10. Go back to previous build - after windows 10 no install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Go back to previous build - after windows 10 no install: Started windows 10 install on friday...by Sunday, system still trying to install. Called microsoft, they gave directions to return to windows 7. System still trying to return to previous build after 4 hours....HELP! 14646