Windows 10: Prevent Windows from Updating without confirmation

Discus and support Prevent Windows from Updating without confirmation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Yesterday I got a popup about a win10 update. As I was working I decided to postpone the update. Sadly there were no options to either not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Maarten Poirot, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Prevent Windows from Updating without confirmation

Hi,

Yesterday I got a popup about a win10 update. As I was working I decided to postpone the update. Sadly there were no options to either not update, update at a certain time.

Last night I was running some software to do calculations all night, but around 1:10am Win10 decided to update, closing the programs without waiting for confirmation. Now I do not have the results I needed to work with today.

So to be clear, I'm not against updating my device entirely, I just want my PC to wait for confirmation, and not shut stuff down on its own.

Kind regards,

:)

Maarten Poirot, Nov 16, 2018

2. Windows Messenger Confirmation Email

No It didnt appear in my spam box but I updated to Windows live Messenger which sent the confirmation email and also verified windows messenger. Ty everyone for there suggestions

Warlord213, Nov 16, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Prevent Windows from Updating without confirmation :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Prevent Windows from Updating without confirmation

Windows Update - Prevents Appliations from Loading

Update KB4015217 currently preventing a number of applications in our environment from loading.

We have to perform the following steps to get the applications to run:

Uninstall Windows Update KB4015217

• Windows Update
    • Update History
    • Uninstall Update
    Reboot

Run the “Windows Update Hide Tool”

Hide update KB4015217

1234Jenifer1234, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Prevent Windows from Updating without confirmation

1. Prevent Windows from Updating without confirmation - Similar Threads - Prevent Updating without

2. update confirmation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update confirmation: I only want to print if unsuccessful? $sql = "UPDATE numbers SET receiptno =receiptno+1 WHERE id=1"; if ($conn->query($sql) === TRUE) { echo "receiptno updated successfully"; } else { echo "Error updating record: " . $conn->error; }
  3. update confirmation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update confirmation: I only want to print if unsuccessful? $sql = "UPDATE numbers SET receiptno =receiptno+1 WHERE id=1"; if ($conn->query($sql) === TRUE) { echo "receiptno updated successfully"; } else { echo "Error updating record: " . $conn->error; }
  4. Prevented from updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prevented from updating: I tried to update a x64WinProV1803 laptop from a USB stick that I have twice used to update other systems to v20H2. I was told I could not, so I copied the install files to C:\ and tried again. Was first told I could not install W10 on a USB that is NOT what I was aiming for,...
  5. Prevent Windows Update from sneaking in drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Prevent Windows Update from sneaking in drivers?: After installing Windows 10 and manually installing the drivers I want, I used WuMgr to set flags to stop Windows 10 from downloading drivers. Windows Update confirmed that GPO flags were set, and the drivers didn't show up under any downloads. However, after a reboot, Intel...
  6. How to prevent Windows from updating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to prevent Windows from updating: Hi, every time I notice my laptop behaving in funny ways, for example, it become very slow, all the shortcuts in my Start Menu went missing, etc. the first thing I will do is click Settings > Check for Updates. Then the windows will start to download some patches and updates....
  7. How to prevent Windows from updating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to prevent Windows from updating: Hi, every time I notice my laptop behaving in funny ways, for example, it become very slow, all the shortcuts in my Start Menu went missing, etc. the first thing I will do is click Settings > Check for Updates. Then the windows will start to download some patches and updates....
  8. Prevent 1803 update without affecting other available updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Prevent 1803 update without affecting other available updates: Dear Brink, I recently downgraded to 1709 because the audio was not good with the new update. Is there a way I can prevent the 1803 update without afecting the other available updates? 116138
  9. How to prevent Windows Update from installing the update?

How to prevent Windows Update from installing the update?: I'm running Win10 Home ver 1607. Windows Update has downloaded ver 1709 (due to an unmetered connection) and Windows Update now wants me to update. However I don't want to update and want to remove the downloaded data from my PC. How can I prevent Windows Update from...
  10. Metered Connection not preventing Windows from updating

Metered Connection not preventing Windows from updating: Hi, I have a desktop and laptop both with Windows 10 Home. Both computers have Ethernet and Wi-Fi set to metered connection. Desktop updates must be manually approved by me to begin, but on my laptop, updates are still automatically being applied without my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prevent windows to reboot itself without confirmation