Windows 10: Prevent windows on 2nd monitor from minimizing?

Discus and support Prevent windows on 2nd monitor from minimizing? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way in Windows 10 to prevent windows on my second monitor from minimizing every time I click Show Desktop or Alt+Tab? I have DisplayFusion... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kiribatSu, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Prevent windows on 2nd monitor from minimizing?

Is there a way in Windows 10 to prevent windows on my second monitor from minimizing every time I click Show Desktop or Alt+Tab? I have DisplayFusion Pro if there's an option there.

I keep my Discord, Steam friends list, NZXT CAM system monitoring, and occasionally SLOBS on the second monitor. However, whenever I alt+tab out of a game or click Show Desktop, everything minimizes and I have to manually open the windows again. It's kind of annoying when I need to quickly mess with something on Streamlabs OBS or something else while in-game. Thanks!

submitted by /u/kiribatSu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kiribatSu, Nov 9, 2019
  2. hsidorsky Win User

Windows 10 2nd Monitor will not hold applications...

I am running Windows 10 on a laptop with a 2nd Monitor...

When I move applications or browsers to the 2nd monitor they keep getting reset to the screen on the laptop. How do I prevent this from happening?

hsidorsky, Nov 9, 2019
  3. JD Meyer Win User
    Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Prevent windows on 2nd monitor from minimizing?

2nd Monitor in Windows 10

Unlike other posts on the subject, my system partially recognises the 2nd monitor.

I was running my HD TV thru HDMI as a second monitor under Win 7.1 successfully. I upgraded to Win 10, and the system does not detect the tv. When I boot up, the windows logo appears on the TV, but after logging on I only get a blank screen. I have tried
    various 2nd monitor setting, tried dectecting in the display settings and control panel, with no success. The fact that I get theWin logo suggests that whilst booting up the system is using only the BIOS settings and therefore recognising the TV. After logging
    on it seems to use the windows settings.

Any suggestions?

MikeTabley, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Prevent windows on 2nd monitor from minimizing?

1. Prevent windows on 2nd monitor from minimizing? - Similar Threads - Prevent 2nd monitor

2. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor: Im trying to connect my second display but it looks the same with the first one. I dont know much about the computer please assist me on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/9b57fa9a-4db5-41aa-b580-0905f559fca1
  3. How to prevent a window from automatically minimizing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent a window from automatically minimizing on Windows 10: Hi. I would like to find out if there is any way that I can prevent a window from minimizing automatically when I click on another open window on Windows 10 . At times I need to copy down details of a certain document onto another document. Copy and paste or Split screen...
  4. How to prevent a window from automatically minimizing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent a window from automatically minimizing on Windows 10: Hi. I would like to find out if there is any way that I can prevent a window from minimizing automatically when I click on another open window on Windows 10 . At times I need to copy down details of a certain document onto another document. Copy and paste or Split screen...
  5. How to prevent a window from automatically minimizing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to prevent all application windows from minimizing

How to prevent all application windows from minimizing: Could someone please offer a solution to a problem with W 10. Applications with 10 windows open will all minimize at the same time, and I can't figure out what is triggering this. It's probably the mouse. However, I have to spend a lot of time getting each window back....
  7. Preventing window from minimizing when clicking outside of it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preventing window from minimizing when clicking outside of it?: Is there a way to stop a window that is not snapped from minimizing when I click another window? submitted by /u/Double_AA_Battery [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kaotqz/preventing_window_from_minimizing_when_clicking/
  8. 2nd Monitor

2nd Monitor: [ATTACH] I’m running Window 10. I have just connected a 2nd monitor. My default monitor is Eizo CS2420 resolution and needs to remain 1900x1200. My 2nd monitor Dell U2412M is duplicating my default monitor however, the screen and icons are far too big and need to change the...
  9. how to prevent open windows on 2nd monitor from moving to 1st monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    how to prevent open windows on 2nd monitor from moving to 1st monitor: Running Windows 10 and two monitors, when I shut my monitors off and come back and turn the monitors back on, all of my open windows move over to the left monitor. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? 137555
  10. Programs on 2nd monitor (extended display) minimize to primary

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs on 2nd monitor (extended display) minimize to primary: I am running W10 Pro 1607 14393.10. This problem has occured in earlier builds. I have a 2nd monitor that I have set as an extended display. I usually keep Adobe Reader open to view pdf as I work. If I leave my pc and return to enter password, it is not fully sleep - it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How can I keep my microsoft windows from minimizing when moving there between monitors

2. when using multiple monitors how do I keep my window from minimizing when moving between monitors

3. how do you keep windows from minimizing

4. preventing applications from minimizing with dual monitors,
  5. how to prevent windows from minimizing