Windows 10: Prevent Windows Update after reboot

Discus and support Prevent Windows Update after reboot in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello folks! *Biggrin I had some issue with Windows, connection related, and then I resolved the problem after refreshing Windows leaving my data,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Klaatu, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Klaatu Win User

Prevent Windows Update after reboot

Hello folks! *Biggrin

I had some issue with Windows, connection related, and then I resolved the problem after refreshing Windows leaving my data, my apps are deleted.

So now the thing is I had to install all the apps again. After installing PowerIso, it asked me to restart my pc to use it properly. In the process of restarting, it started automatically updating my Windows, and I don't want that, because I think that was the reason of my internet problems I previously had. I think the second update installed some kind of app or driver that blocked my connection, and I don't want that to happen again.

Now I don't want to turn my pc on, because it starts updating again! Is there a way to prevent the update, some hotkey maybe, or even if I try to bypass the update, will I be able to postpone or disable the updates forever? Or is there a way to downgrade the version after the update (I doubt it will brink my connection back)? I think this version of 10 is fitting my requirements for now.

Thank you good people, any suggestion will help, of course I will be happy to hear 'ya. I shall also check some tutorials/tips on this topic as well.

Thank you very much.

:)

Klaatu, Aug 9, 2015

2. Windows 10 update settings changed without my knowledge, now forcibly reboots with no warning

Hello,

This article may help you to prevent forced reboot:

https://www.kapilarya.com/prevent-forced-reboot...

Let us know if this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 9, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Hi there and welcome to the forum *Biggrin

If you think the issue is driver related Win10 updates then do the following:
    Right click on the start button
    Click on System>Advanced system settings>'Hardware' tab>Device Installation Settings
    Then enable the radio button for 'No, let me choose what to do'
    Then enable the radio button for 'Never install driver software from Windows Update'
    Click on the 'Save Changes' button

WhyMe, Aug 10, 2015
  5. Klaatu Win User
    That could be handy, but currently if I turn on my pc, update will start automatically and Windows 10 will be updated for the first time, I am wondering how to bypass it, or if impossible - how to bring the older version back. I just got rid of one previous problem and I don't want another one. Thanks for reply.

Klaatu, Aug 10, 2015
  6. WhyMe Win User
    Sorry, posted in wrong thread.

WhyMe, Aug 10, 2015
  7. Klaatu Win User
    Thank you all for your help NOT! I fixed it by myself. Like I fixed my previous problem.

Prevent Windows Update after reboot [​IMG]

Klaatu, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Prevent Windows Update after reboot - Similar Threads - Prevent Update reboot

2. Rebooting After Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Rebooting After Updates: Hi since this update KB5004296 was installed my PC yesterday, it reboots on its own. After this update was installed today KB5004331, it rebooted on it's own. Anybody else experienced this problem, is it a problem? 183372
  3. Prevent Windows 10 From Automatically Rebooting itself during Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent Windows 10 From Automatically Rebooting itself during Updates: I'd like to know if there is any way an extremely easy way to prevent Windows from automatically rebooting itself during updates. Last night my machine rebooted itself causing a lot of work to be lost....
  4. Windows 10 update prevents reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update prevents reboot: Prompted to restart desktop for Windows 10 updates. Computer now will not reboot. I do not have a boot disk/software. What other actions can I take? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-prevents-reboot/382dbf10-8195-4915-91c9-4259dc0ec72d
  5. How to prevent windows reboots?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent windows reboots?: I run a Linux VM on my Win10 machine at work and plan to travel for a week or more. I’d like to be able to connect to the Linux instance, but if windows reboots then obviously it won’t restart my Linux instance automatically and I need to ask someone to turn it back on. Is...
  6. Preventing reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preventing reboot: Hi, I'm using a computer with Windows 10 to monitor an automated machine (over few weeks or months), so I would like to prevent this computer from automatic reboot. However I don't find any options close to that in the control panel. How can I disable automatic reboot ?...
  7. Prevent Automatic Windows 10 Update/Reboot on unattended but running machine!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prevent Automatic Windows 10 Update/Reboot on unattended but running machine!: I'm running Windows 10 Home. I often run long processing jobs, overnight. At all times of day. I don't always know how long they will take. Windows 10 pops up a message saying upgrade etc, but if you are not there, it insists on upgrading and restarting anyway, after a...
  8. Rebooting after a Windows update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rebooting after a Windows update.: One of our Acer All in One computer went through an Windows Update last night and now it won't boot up fully. Get the screensaver up but no communication with either the mouse or keyboard. We have tried rebooting it a few times and the computer will not get beyond this...
  9. Endless Reboot after Windows update

Endless Reboot after Windows update: My Windows 10 updated last night with the cryptic message "Your files are Safe" update. Then none of my programs would open. When i rebooted I became stuck in an endless reboot cycle. I don't know how to get out of the cycle. I get to the login page then the laptop...
  10. Registry tweaks to prevent auto-reboot after Win10 Home updates

Registry tweaks to prevent auto-reboot after Win10 Home updates: Has anyone seen a hacked version of gpedit.msc that has consistently maintained the ability to disable this feature across major W10 build updates?