Windows 10: Preventing a computer from going to sleep

Discus and support Preventing a computer from going to sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; With everyone working remotely, I worked hard to make sure that our computers at the office never went to sleep. There used to be separate sections on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Neilpuck, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Preventing a computer from going to sleep

With everyone working remotely, I worked hard to make sure that our computers at the office never went to sleep. There used to be separate sections on the Power and Sleep settings allowing you to tell the computer to never go to sleep. Well an update must have gone out and now my only option is to never turn off the screen. I've seen several other fixes referencing the advanced power plans but I've got computers now going to sleep when I don't want them to. Any definitive answers on how to prevent the computers from going to sleep?

submitted by /u/Neilpuck
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Neilpuck, Dec 22, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

iTunes stops playing when the computer go to sleep

Hi Ross,

Sleep mode is designed to stop all actions on a computer as it puts the device to a low-power state. Since you want to continue using a program even while your computer is locked, we suggest turning off Sleep mode by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Choose Power & Sleep from the left pane.
    • Under Sleep, choose Never.

Preventing a computer from going to sleep a56ef514-cf53-4631-8917-a239182dc84a.png

Let us know if you have any other concerns about your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Gowrish_S Win User
    Issue with the application and computer going to sleep mode

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Was there any major changes made prior to this issue?
    • Does the computer go to sleep when trying to access any other applications?

For the issues with Windows maximizing automatically, try these steps and let us know if it helps:
    1. Open Ease of Access.
    2. Click on make the mouse easier to use.
    3. Under “Make it easier to manager Windows”, uncheck the first option “Activate the window by hovering over it with the mouse”.
    4. Click on Apply and OK.

For issue related to computer going to sleep, try this step and let us know if it helps:

- Run the Power troubleshooter.

Open Settings and navigate to Update and Security>> Troubleshoot and run the Power Troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Preventing a computer from going to sleep

Preventing sleep on laptop/monitor

Hi Tricia,

In order to help you with your concern about preventing your Windows 10 not to go to sleep mode, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current Build and Version of your Windows 10 PC? To know these information follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small box will appear showing the current Build and
      Version
      of your PC.

(Should you need to update your PC, you may click on this
    link
    . This will also show you the update history for Windows 10.)

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly post it here.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

You may utilize the troubleshooting suggestions from the post of
    Aleksandr 10 in this thread, to remedy the
    automatic sleep that your device is displaying. This link has been helpful to a lot of Community members who had the same concern and may also be helpful in the issue at hand.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Preventing a computer from going to sleep

1. Preventing a computer from going to sleep - Similar Threads - Preventing computer going

2. How to prevent audio devices from blocking computer going to sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent audio devices from blocking computer going to sleep?: As per image below and question above : There's no option for me to toggle whether this device can prevent my PC from going to sleep. I also don't understand why "HD Audio" is in use even though NOTHING is playing in the background. How can I resolve this? Lastly, what is a...
  3. Audio Driver preventing computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Driver preventing computer from sleep: My computer will not go into sleep mode on its own, although I can manually put it to sleep. powercfg -requests shows: [DRIVER] Creative Audigy Audio Processor WDM PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0008&SUBSYS_10241102&REV_00\7&280829bf&0&000018000A An audio stream is currently in use....
  4. Prevent the hdmi from going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent the hdmi from going to sleep: HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0686no I have two monitors connected. Another DVI port and another HDMI port.I want the DVI port to go to sleep and the HDMI port to stay active when the monitor is in sleep mode.I listen to music and watch movies through the HDMI port and...
  5. app preventing windows from going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    app preventing windows from going to sleep: hi all, i use an app called ISPY to monitor cameras on my cctv dvr, now the problem is, this app is meant to be used as a server. I don't use it as such and would like to disable the ability it has to not let the PC sleep. is there a way I can disable "wake" for some app and...
  6. USB Printer preventing computer from sleeping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Printer preventing computer from sleeping: My computer just will not sleep, either automatically or manually. I just disconnected each USB device one by one and found that it's the printer that's the culprit. There's no way in device manager to change the power setting for it to allow the computer to sleep. Can...
  7. Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep: when i make my laptop sleep and open it after some time it is already shut down, it never opens from where i left it what must i do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preventing-laptop-from-going-to-shutdown-after/d1107476-8cba-4411-a25a-ce29088e1cf4
  8. How to prevent external HDD from going to sleep?

How to prevent external HDD from going to sleep?: I have four external hard disks connected to my laptop either directly or through a USB hub. I have searched the issue that I'm asking about, but I have not found a definitive answer. The most common solution appears to be to use a program to write a small file to each hard...
  9. Audio driver preventing computer from sleeping

Audio driver preventing computer from sleeping: Hi there, I have an audio driver that is preventing my pc from going to sleep. When I run powercfg /requests it gives the following: DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER] VIA HD Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_0397&SUBSYS_1043836C&REV_1000\4&4ac9a6c&0&0001) An...
  10. How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep?: How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep after inactivity? I have hybrid sleep off. Whenever I try to wake it up, it doesn't respond to any of keys except for the power button. That leads me to thinking it's been shut down, crashed, or is in a deep sleep....