Windows 10: Preventing access to an app/program temporarily without uninstalling it?

Discus and support Preventing access to an app/program temporarily without uninstalling it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My kids need to take a break from fortnite, but I don’t want to uninstall it. Is there a way to hide it or make it so it won’t work for a couple of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gitzit, May 12, 2020.

1. /u/Gitzit Win User

Preventing access to an app/program temporarily without uninstalling it?

My kids need to take a break from fortnite, but I don’t want to uninstall it. Is there a way to hide it or make it so it won’t work for a couple of days? I was wondering if I could just move some of the files to a different folder or something and then move them back when they’re allowed to play it again? Or is there an option to password protect specific apps. Thanks.

submitted by /u/Gitzit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gitzit, May 12, 2020

2. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, May 12, 2020
  3. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, May 12, 2020
  4. rezpower Win User

Uninstall or change a program (Some installed apps not listed) !

Hi guys and thanks for your replies.
    As you suggested Irene I have them listed in "All apps" but it's still not normal not having them listed in windows 10 uninstall app!
    And Roy Computer>C>Users>yourname>appdata>local has all the apps that are currently in " Uninstall or change a program" but
    the apps that are not there are not in this folder either!
    Anyway I find this to be a strange behavior on windows 10 (never had this with any other version). Is this a bug? anyone else have this problem?

rezpower, May 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Preventing access to an app/program temporarily without uninstalling it? - Similar Threads - Preventing access app

2. Uninstall programs and apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall programs and apps: I have two "update for windows 10 for x64 based system 340 kb" date is 5/27/2019kb4480730 2.51.0.0"update for windows 10 for x64 based system 812 kb date is 2/17/2022kb5001716 4.91.0.0 Are these or atleast one ok to delete?...
  3. Uninstall programs and apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall programs and apps: I have two "update for windows 10 for x64 based system 340 kb" date is 5/27/2019kb4480730 2.51.0.0"update for windows 10 for x64 based system 812 kb date is 2/17/2022kb5001716 4.91.0.0 Are these or atleast one ok to delete?...
  4. Uninstall programs and apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Insufficient access to uninstall program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Insufficient access to uninstall program: I've been trying to uninstall a program called Movavi Video Converter 23 but I'm not having much luck with it. I just keep getting an error message that says I don't have sufficient access and to contact my system administrator. Now, I am the only one who uses my personal...
  6. Insufficient access to uninstall program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insufficient access to uninstall program: I've been trying to uninstall a program called Movavi Video Converter 23 but I'm not having much luck with it. I just keep getting an error message that says I don't have sufficient access and to contact my system administrator. Now, I am the only one who uses my personal...
  7. Insufficient access to uninstall program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Uninstall a program without any program files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall a program without any program files: I accidentally and unintentionally installed an adware called MusiCalm. I directly deleted the program files located in users/Edward/appdata/roaming, without going into the windows program list and uninstalling it there. Now, I can't remove it from my programs list, and every...
  9. Ghost user preventing uninstall of programs

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ghost user preventing uninstall of programs: Recently bought this computer second-hand, happy with it otherwise but there's something peculiar going on with the user accounts. - When uninstalling programs I get a warning that "there are other users logged in" so the program won't uninstall correctly. - My account...
  10. How to uninstall a program that seems to have an element to prevent uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to uninstall a program that seems to have an element to prevent uninstall: Every time I try to uninstall the program I get a message saying cannot as a program is installing. Seems to be something in bedded in the program....