Windows 10: Preventing close-out of open programs when I close the laptop lid

Discus and support Preventing close-out of open programs when I close the laptop lid in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What is causing programs to shut down completely when I close the lid? I have to re-launch, sign in, and usually recover docs that were open at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cgmcgill, Sep 11, 2020.

1. cgmcgill Win User

Preventing close-out of open programs when I close the laptop lid

What is causing programs to shut down completely when I close the lid? I have to re-launch, sign in, and usually recover docs that were open at the time of closure, etc. even if all I've done is go from one room to the next. I've checked the power & sleep settings ... this seems to be a Windows 10 "feature" that did not exist with Windows 7/8.

:)

cgmcgill, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Preventing close-out of open programs when I close the laptop lid

1. Preventing close-out of open programs when I close the laptop lid - Similar Threads - Preventing close open

2. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 21H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD which says your windows insider build ran into a problem with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL and application failed is amdkmpfd.sys When the pc automatically restarts i...
  3. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 21H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD which says your windows insider build ran into a problem with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL and application failed is amdkmpfd.sys When the pc automatically restarts i...
  4. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Apps closing when laptop lid is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps closing when laptop lid is closed: I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface and all my open apps force close when the laptop lid has been closed overnight. I've checked all previous solutions posted on this site and nothing works. Very Annoying, can someone help resolve asap? ? It really shouldn't be this...
  6. Prevent Windows 10 from Closing Programs When Closing Laptop Lid

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent Windows 10 from Closing Programs When Closing Laptop Lid: Hello! Whenever my computer falls asleep, either automatically from leaving the lid open or closing the lid, all of the programs I had up close down. It looks like Microsoft is exiting out of and shutting down all programs that were open. This has been incredibly...
  7. When lid closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    When lid closed: Hey Microsoft Community! I want to "Do nothing" when my laptop lid is closed. I was able to set this in Control Panel. I don't want to drain my battery, though, so I want it to hibernate about 5 minutes after there is not activity. Thank you!...
  8. Laptop closes programes when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop closes programes when lid is closed: This past few days whenever i close the laptop lid with the laptop is still on whenever i later return to the laptop open the lid all programes that i had opened even the web browser are closed, anyone offer any help to fix this so that all programs that were opened remain...
  9. Lock laptop when lid is closed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock laptop when lid is closed: Hello, Please add to Windows 10 the option to "lock on lid close". Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/lock-laptop-when-lid-is-closed/c9798949-35f4-46f1-afeb-fbf7b2be39c1"
  10. All apps close when I close laptop lid - why?

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps close when I close laptop lid - why?: The Low battery action is set to Hibernate, and Battery notification is On for both battery and plugged in modes. Mike