Windows 10: Preventing display from showing up while turned off

Discus and support Preventing display from showing up while turned off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I recently bought myself a Projector that currently acts as a third display for my PC. My question is if there is any way for me to prevent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheMarsl, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Preventing display from showing up while turned off

Hey guys,

I recently bought myself a Projector that currently acts as a third display for my PC. My question is if there is any way for me to prevent the projector from showing up as a third monitor while it is turned off since I don't want to bother with looking for windows that have opened on the third display all the time. If anybody knows a solution to this problem like a setting I may have missed or some other software fix I really appreciate any sort of feedback!

Best regards, stay safe and stay healthy!

submitted by /u/TheMarsl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheMarsl, Dec 4, 2020
  2. damtachoa Win User

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Dec 4, 2020
  4. jorog(2) Win User

Preventing display from showing up while turned off

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Preventing display from showing up while turned off

1. Preventing display from showing up while turned off - Similar Threads - Preventing display showing

2. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off: I have a desktop pc that is also my home media server, so it needs to be on most of the time. One of them is an OLED so I get it them to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity. I use powercfg -requests to see what is preventing them from turning off and for the last couple of...
  3. regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off: My laptop now does not turn off display or go to sleep after the specific time in the power settings. When i run powercfg -requests, it tells me the following:DISPLAY:[PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegSvcs.exeSYSTEM:[PROCESS]...
  4. regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off: My laptop now does not turn off display or go to sleep after the specific time in the power settings. When i run powercfg -requests, it tells me the following:DISPLAY:[PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegSvcs.exeSYSTEM:[PROCESS]...
  5. regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Prevent display turning on from touch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Prevent display turning on from touch: Hi All,I have spent many hours searching and reading without any clear answer to my issue.the problem:I have a Panasonic Toughpad with windows 10. I have set up the power key to turn off the display when long pressed. any time the screen is touched it instantly wakes up. I...
  7. Prevent display turning on from touch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent display turning on from touch: Hi All,I have spent many hours searching and reading without any clear answer to my issue.the problem:I have a Panasonic Toughpad with windows 10. I have set up the power key to turn off the display when long pressed. any time the screen is touched it instantly wakes up. I...
  8. Prevent display turning on from touch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off: [ATTACH]You might have seen that the screen display turns off automatically when you leave […] This article How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Keyboard prevents display from turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard prevents display from turning off: I use Microsoft comfort keyboard 5050. When I am trying to turn off my display,a few seconds later it turns on again. It is an ongoing issue problem. So I had to unplug the usb...