Windows 10: Preventing DLL hijacking in C# application

Discus and support Preventing DLL hijacking in C# application in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The RpcRtRemote.dll can be used to perform DLL Hijacking attack on our Windows app. Simply by planting the DLL within the same folder as our app, the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HariharanSreenivas, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Preventing DLL hijacking in C# application

The RpcRtRemote.dll can be used to perform DLL Hijacking attack on our Windows app. Simply by planting the DLL within the same folder as our app, the executable file will execute the malicious DLL code.

My security vendor advised me to bundle the actual DLL file with the application installer. Is this advisable and do we need Microsoft’s permission to bundle the DLL to our installer?

:)

HariharanSreenivas, Apr 3, 2019
  2. Tintai Win User

msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll in C:\

Hello back TPU!

Yesterday I saw two files(msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll) in my C:\ disk folder. What does this mean? I know this two files should be in C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 or somewhere in C:\Windows but not in main disk folder. I deleted this files but files appeared again today. Is this a virus or maybe an application? How can I check this?

Tintai

Tintai, Apr 3, 2019
  3. msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll in C:\

they are microsoft visual studio files, leave em alone.

eidairaman1, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Preventing DLL hijacking in C# application

DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Preventing DLL hijacking in C# application

1. Preventing DLL hijacking in C# application - Similar Threads - Preventing DLL hijacking

2. Possible DLL Hijacking?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible DLL Hijacking?: Hi there, I've installed a couple DLLs for Garry's Mod from this link: https://github.com/ExtReMLapin/TrackIR_GMod I've been notified that these could be malicious - is there a surefire way to tell if these contain malware/malicious code? If so, could someone point me in that...
  3. Azure and C++ DLL files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azure and C++ DLL files: Hello,I have a web app on Azure. It uses .NET Core 3.1. I use two C++ DLL files as dependencies in the app. The first DLL depends or uses the second DLL. When I run the project in Visual Studio locally, there is no issue. When I deploy the app to Azure, it complains only...
  4. DLL is not found in c++ MFC/Win32 but is found in c++ Console application

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DLL is not found in c++ MFC/Win32 but is found in c++ Console application: I have a small 50 lines Console application calling on functions defined inside an MSVC DLL which works like a breeze. Now, I would like to call on the same functions from an MFC or WinAPI app. I use the same, same, same exact calling code - no difference. Yet, this time,...
  5. application/octet-stream is preventing the download of an application

in Windows 10 Customization
    application/octet-stream is preventing the download of an application: I'm receiving the following message when attempting to download a tax software application... ... The current security policy prohibits the requested action. File Type: application/octet-stream (MS-DOS Executable Programs)....
  6. MSVCR120.dll and mfc120.dll missing - C++ not helping/working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSVCR120.dll and mfc120.dll missing - C++ not helping/working: Hi, my system seems to lack the aforementioned components. I have installed C++ redistributable several times, I have repaired it, I have re-installed Windows 10 on my device, I did a total reset, I don't know what else to do. I'd appreciate any suggestion....
  7. .DLL error [C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSIMG32.dll]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .DLL error [C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSIMG32.dll]: 'C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSIMG32.dll is either not designated to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc0000020.' I...
  8. "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll": Hello- I have installed a couple of games (Rainbow Six Seige + Fortnite ) and both display "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll". as a sort of crash? Minecraft runs fine and so does everything- Dell Support Assist says my computer is fine so....? How do I access Shell32 files...
  9. Run DLL error {C:\\WINDOWS\System32\nvspcap64.dll}

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run DLL error {C:\\WINDOWS\System32\nvspcap64.dll}: Hey, Every time I boot my WIN 10 I keep getting this error message: [ATTACH] What can I do to fix this error message? Thank you...
  10. Msvcr120.dll and Msvcp120.dll are missing but C++ 2013 is installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Msvcr120.dll and Msvcp120.dll are missing but C++ 2013 is installed: Im attempting to play a game that requires the Visual c++ redistributable 2013, which i have already installed, but the program still reports that the dlls are missing. what am i doing wrong? 105808

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c# dll hijacking defense

2. c# prevent dll hijacking

3. dll hijacking prevention c#