Windows 10: Preventing duplicate photos appearing in OneDrive cloud storage

Discus and support Preventing duplicate photos appearing in OneDrive cloud storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Folks, I've got this problem ^, duplicate photos have been appearing in my OneDrive cloud storage for a while now, often several of the same, not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Karsty17, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Karsty17 Win User

Preventing duplicate photos appearing in OneDrive cloud storage

Hi Folks,

I've got this problem ^, duplicate photos have been appearing in my OneDrive cloud storage for a while now, often several of the same, not just one. I've done a bit of searching for how to fix this, but the simple solution here didn't work. I'd really like to stop it from happening as it is needlessly using up my storage space, and I need to nip it in the bud before I have thousands of duplicates to deal with.

I'm also a bit concerned about using a third party app to *remove* the duplicates in case they completely remove photos altogether (can anyone recommend a reliable app for this?)

Many thank yous (~8

:)

Karsty17, Nov 2, 2019
  2. Frick Win User

Cloud storage (aka Onedrive will suck so need to find something else)

So, I will have to move away from Onedrive, which is sad because it's frankly the best free cloud storage I know of. But as someone said: "Microsoft realized they accidentaly made a great service." and they'll change it so that starting soon this will happen (the things that affect me anyway):
    • 100 GB and 200 GB paid plans are going away as an option for new users and will be replaced with a 50 GB plan for $1.99 per month in early 2016.
    • Free OneDrive storage will decrease from 15 GB to 5 GB for all users, current and new. The 15 GB camera roll storage bonus will also be discontinued. These changes will start rolling out in early 2016.
    This is so much crap. I use the free version and yeah $1.99/month I probably could afford, but it still SUCKS. Seriously, I usually don't get the MS hate, but this is a poop-poop move.

So I need something new.

Dropbox is out. Too tiny. Google Drive might be an alternative, but I'd rather not, for ... reasons I can't remember right now.

What I need:
    • something like 15GB storage or so.
    • Automatic photo uploading from my phone (Android)
    • Preferably an actual app for Android (yes I know you can setup ES File Explorer and the like but that's usually pretty cumbersome)
    The simplest solution I'm actually leaning towards is just to give up and get a 100GB plan now (current 100/200GB plans will not be affected, in the future they won't be avaliable to new customers), but that's the easy way out. *Frown Preventing duplicate photos appearing in OneDrive cloud storage :(

Frick, Nov 2, 2019
  3. wrkeen Win User
    Duplicate photos in OneDrive

You are a very patient person TechGuy_82!

I now know a lot more about OneDrive and have taken your advice and read everything I can find about storage. I have plenty of room on my devices, so I'm set up to store all in both the cloud and my devices.

Now I have to figure out how to get rid of duplicates completely, photos in particular. I attempt to delete duplicates and end up with even more copies of the same photos. I understand from you that this stems from a safety feature of Microsoft's.

I'll figure it out.

Thanks again!

wrkeen, Nov 2, 2019
  4. DouglasSY Win User

is OneDrive storage in the Cloud?

is OneDrive storage in the Cloud?

DouglasSY, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Preventing duplicate photos appearing in OneDrive cloud storage - Similar Threads - Preventing duplicate photos

2. Cloud Storage, large music collection and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloud Storage, large music collection and OneDrive: Hello,I've been using Backblaze to back up my files - the most important of which are my 223 GB of mp3's.As I'm recently having to set up my laptop anew after a corrupt operating system I'm looking at the various pros on cons of different storage solutions.Backblaze has...
  3. joint onedrive or cloud storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    joint onedrive or cloud storage: My wife and I have seperate computers and seperate Microsoft accounts.However, there are a number of documents that we would each like to have access to without having to get the other party to bring it up on their computer or print it out.Can we establish a joint folder in...
  4. joint onedrive or cloud storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    joint onedrive or cloud storage: My wife and I have seperate computers and seperate Microsoft accounts.However, there are a number of documents that we would each like to have access to without having to get the other party to bring it up on their computer or print it out.Can we establish a joint folder in...
  5. joint onedrive or cloud storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. OneDrive Cloud: searching, deleting bulk duplicate photos on OneDrive cloud but NOT on PC

OneDrive Cloud: searching, deleting bulk duplicate photos on OneDrive cloud but NOT on PC: For my mobile phone photos, they get saved in the Photos section of OneDrive in the cloud. They are NOT synchronised to my laptop. However those photos in the cloud have hundreds or thousands of duplicates. What steps / software can one use to purge them in the cloud? Having...
  7. Photo Duplicates In the OneDrive Cloud

Photo Duplicates In the OneDrive Cloud: How do I stop photos duplicates from being upload into my cloud. Every time I edit a photo, and every change I made to that photo is uploaded into the cloud. I get 100 uploads of the same photo with different changes....
  8. Duplicate photos in OneDrive

Duplicate photos in OneDrive: I have numerous photo Copies in OneDrive photos. I located these by searching for "Copy" and they are located. If I highlight and press Delete, they do not delete. Neither do they delete if I right click them and delete. How do I get rid of these duplicates and why do I...
  9. Duplicate Photos in OneDrive

Duplicate Photos in OneDrive: Is there a recommended method (or app) to remove duplicate photos from OneDrive pictures? I seem to be accumulating many. Also . . . any precautions or concerns?...
  10. is OneDrive storage in the Cloud?

is OneDrive storage in the Cloud?: is OneDrive storage in the Cloud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-onedrive-storage-in-the-cloud/1b36ebfd-10ed-444a-82f2-1b4bc44cc7dd