Windows 10: Preventing failure

Discus and support Preventing failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Earlier this year, in some unclear way, I had ended the phenomenon of "losing the mouse, and then having either a BSOD or the need to RESET to recover... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JosephPHILIPPA, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Preventing failure

Earlier this year, in some unclear way, I had ended the phenomenon of "losing the mouse, and then having either a BSOD or the need to RESET to recover the mouse cursor". It seems to have returned. Yesterday it hung in a boot and later it crashed, and this morning there was no mouse cursor. Intriguingly, recovery at reboot is complete until the next failure. At some point I did do the DISM and Scannow that is always suggested - they SEEMED to improve things, although they reported no faults. The minidump is empty, so of no help, but I did find something in Event Viewer which I have attached. Preventing failure 92b0c8d5-d10f-4446-8f3f-80f9ee568170?upload=true.jpg

:)

JosephPHILIPPA, Sep 26, 2020

2. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Sep 26, 2020
  3. chamyD Win User
    An IPsec negotiation failure is preventing the connection

An IPsec negotiation failure is preventing the connection

chamyD, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Preventing failure

Windows 10 reset failures. Computer won't boot now and getting frustrated.

Hi Alfred,

To help you with your concern regarding the reset failure, let me suggest you to do a startup repair. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key
    • Hold Shift key then click Restart
    • You'll be prompted to the Advance Startup Options
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Advanced options
    • Startup repair

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Preventing failure

1. Preventing failure - Similar Threads - Preventing failure

2. What is the Windows 11 recovery concept for hardware failure? What can I do preventatively?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the Windows 11 recovery concept for hardware failure? What can I do preventatively?: My understanding of how Windows OS licensing works is limited - please consider that. But I have worked with computers in an amateur capacity for almost 35 years. In the past, purchases with PCs always came with an OEM version of Windows on a CD. However, the concept has...
  3. What is the Windows 11 recovery concept for hardware failure? What can I do preventatively?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the Windows 11 recovery concept for hardware failure? What can I do preventatively?: My understanding of how Windows OS licensing works is limited - please consider that. But I have worked with computers in an amateur capacity for almost 35 years. In the past, purchases with PCs always came with an OEM version of Windows on a CD. However, the concept has...
  4. I'm getting Repeated Windows Update Failures which are also preventing me updating to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm getting Repeated Windows Update Failures which are also preventing me updating to...: I've had other issues which I've managed to resolve on the forums and have done loads of things suggested but these three update failures seem to be really stubborn1. Failed to install 2024-04 cumulative update for Windows 10 version 22H2 for x64-based systems KB5036892 error...
  5. I'm getting Repeated Windows Update Failures which are also preventing me updating to...

I'm getting Repeated Windows Update Failures which are also preventing me updating to...: I've had other issues which I've managed to resolve on the forums and have done loads of things suggested but these three update failures seem to be really stubborn1. Failed to install 2024-04 cumulative update for Windows 10 version 22H2 for x64-based systems KB5036892 error...
  6. I'm getting Repeated Windows Update Failures which are also preventing me updating to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. BSOD kernel security check failure "NTOKRNL.exe" is preventing me from even starting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD kernel security check failure "NTOKRNL.exe" is preventing me from even starting...: I have an old PC with Windows10 on it. I suspect that my RAM sticks are failing because I keep getting BSODs with different stop codes.Recently, I keep getting only a stop code: Kernal security check failure every time I try to log in to WIN10 and crashing my PC forcing it to...
  8. BSOD kernel security check failure "NTOKRNL.exe" is preventing me from even starting...

BSOD kernel security check failure "NTOKRNL.exe" is preventing me from even starting...: I have an old PC with Windows10 on it. I suspect that my RAM sticks are failing because I keep getting BSODs with different stop codes.Recently, I keep getting only a stop code: Kernal security check failure every time I try to log in to WIN10 and crashing my PC forcing it to...
  9. BSOD kernel security check failure "NTOKRNL.exe" is preventing me from even starting...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. How to prevent Azure Backup failure error "The encryption passphrase has not been validated...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent Azure Backup failure error "The encryption passphrase has not been validated...: I am using Azure backup agent for daily backups of a desktop computer. On the same day each week, the backup fails with status 'Completed with warnings'Warning message: The encryption passphrase has not been validated to meet requirements. This is required to ensure...