Windows 10: Preventing GeoBlocked CRL Checks

Discus and support Preventing GeoBlocked CRL Checks in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We have certificates in the trusted root store that are reaching out to China to check their CRL. We have a blanket block on traffic to China and users... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ittakesavillage, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Preventing GeoBlocked CRL Checks

We have certificates in the trusted root store that are reaching out to China to check their CRL. We have a blanket block on traffic to China and users are repeatedly seeing popups of blocked traffic.

What is the best way to prevent these checks from happening? If I push the certificate to the untrusted store will this prevent the checks?

:)

ittakesavillage, Dec 2, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Preventing GeoBlocked CRL Checks

Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Preventing GeoBlocked CRL Checks

1. Preventing GeoBlocked CRL Checks - Similar Threads - Preventing GeoBlocked CRL

2. BSOD kernel security check failure "NTOKRNL.exe" is preventing me from even starting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD kernel security check failure "NTOKRNL.exe" is preventing me from even starting...: I have an old PC with Windows10 on it. I suspect that my RAM sticks are failing because I keep getting BSODs with different stop codes.Recently, I keep getting only a stop code: Kernal security check failure every time I try to log in to WIN10 and crashing my PC forcing it to...
  3. BSOD kernel security check failure "NTOKRNL.exe" is preventing me from even starting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD kernel security check failure "NTOKRNL.exe" is preventing me from even starting...: I have an old PC with Windows10 on it. I suspect that my RAM sticks are failing because I keep getting BSODs with different stop codes.Recently, I keep getting only a stop code: Kernal security check failure every time I try to log in to WIN10 and crashing my PC forcing it to...
  4. download button is preventing me from checking for updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download button is preventing me from checking for updates: for a while now there has been an optional update that no matter how many times i "installed" it, it would always reappear.now however, it says that it is ready to download and showing me the download button. but when i click that button, nothing happens well, the button...
  5. download button is preventing me from checking for updates

download button is preventing me from checking for updates: for a while now there has been an optional update that no matter how many times i "installed" it, it would always reappear.now however, it says that it is ready to download and showing me the download button. but when i click that button, nothing happens well, the button...
  6. download button is preventing me from checking for updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to prevent windows 10 to check the disk at startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent windows 10 to check the disk at startup?: I have a 4 years old PC with an Intel SSD. A month ago it started showing the message "to skip disk checking press any key" at every boot. I tried the chdisk guide showed in some treads but did not work. I ran an intel diagnostic tool and actually it seems that there's some...
  8. How to prevent windows 10 to check the disk at startup?

How to prevent windows 10 to check the disk at startup?: I have a 4 years old PC with an Intel SSD. A month ago it started showing the message "to skip disk checking press any key" at every boot. I tried the chdisk guide showed in some treads but did not work. I ran an intel diagnostic tool and actually it seems that there's some...
  9. How to prevent windows 10 to check the disk at startup?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. How to prevent/adjust Windows checking if a program is working?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to prevent/adjust Windows checking if a program is working?: Hi all, Problem: Windows thinks a program is not responding and then closes it. It say it should wait for the program to respond it still closes it after 60 seconds. -Excel (VBA) when i'm running a macro that takes around 20 min and 'activate' the screen. If don't...