Windows 10: Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep

Discus and support Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep... My laptop has forgotten how to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Hinduvanshi, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep

Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep...

My laptop has forgotten how to sleep

:)

Hinduvanshi, Feb 14, 2020

2. Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep

Hi Hinduvanshi,

You might want to check this article for suggested steps on how to fix your concern.

https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-turns-off-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let us know if this helped you out.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Servicelayer.exe prevents laptop of going to sleep.

Thanks for the work around.Much appreciated but this is not really practical

I did test it butand it work but because my phone connect automatically to the computer thru BT the service layer is always started even if I don't start Nokia PC Suite

Should I go to Computer - Manager - Services and stop everytime I put the laptop to sleep?

I think not...

Suggestion appreciated all the same

Thx

mirko1---01, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep

Preventing sleep on laptop/monitor

Hi Tricia,

In order to help you with your concern about preventing your Windows 10 not to go to sleep mode, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current Build and Version of your Windows 10 PC? To know these information follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small box will appear showing the current Build and
      Version
      of your PC.

(Should you need to update your PC, you may click on this
    link
    . This will also show you the update history for Windows 10.)

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly post it here.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

You may utilize the troubleshooting suggestions from the post of
    Aleksandr 10 in this thread, to remedy the
    automatic sleep that your device is displaying. This link has been helpful to a lot of Community members who had the same concern and may also be helpful in the issue at hand.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep

1. Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep - Similar Threads - Preventing laptop going

2. putting laptop to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    putting laptop to sleep: steps to put my Dell Laptop to sleep when I am finished for the dat https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/putting-laptop-to-sleep/34898161-305a-4188-99a0-a59f33c640f5
  3. Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep: when i make my laptop sleep and open it after some time it is already shut down, it never opens from where i left it what must i do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preventing-laptop-from-going-to-shutdown-after/d1107476-8cba-4411-a25a-ce29088e1cf4
  4. Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep: The problem i have is when i select to put my PC into sleep mode (Start>Power icon>Sleep). The screen goes black as if its entering sleep mode, but then almost immediately 'wakes up' and my video cam starts looking for a face to scan. I'm "assuming" this is related to...
  5. Four external HDDs - how to prevent them from going to sleep?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Four external HDDs - how to prevent them from going to sleep?: I have four external hard disks and all of them are connected to a laptop via a USB 3.0 hub. However, looking at the Device Manager information, view by container, there are certain differences as may be seen in the images below. I'm trying to manage the power setting on...
  6. How to prevent external HDD from going to sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to prevent external HDD from going to sleep?: I have four external hard disks connected to my laptop either directly or through a USB hub. I have searched the issue that I'm asking about, but I have not found a definitive answer. The most common solution appears to be to use a program to write a small file to each hard...
  7. Lights still on after shutdown + Monitor going to sleep after turning back on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lights still on after shutdown + Monitor going to sleep after turning back on: I turned my computer off and my lights were still on for many hours after disconnecting the power source. (power strip) After turning everything back on, my monitor kept saying "no signal" and going into sleep mode. Is there any way to fix this? What's wrong with my...
  8. Surface Type cover not detected after waking from sleep and preventing clean shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Type cover not detected after waking from sleep and preventing clean shutdown: I'm sharing because no one else on the internet seemed to have my issue (yet) and I spent hours on it. I had a device driver issue with the surface type cover and my surface pro 4 where the keyboard would fail and Windows 10 could not shutdown cleanly. It was very...
  9. Laptop doesn't start once put to sleep or shutdown.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop doesn't start once put to sleep or shutdown.: Hello guys! I believe that you will be well aware of the problem that occurs in laptop that it doesn't starts if shutdown or sleep then you would have to remove the battery and press the power button for 10-20 seconds, this is the problem with me only thing is that i have to...
  10. putting laptop to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    putting laptop to sleep: I was told by an IT Pro to put the laptop to sleep when I was done using it. Why then overnight at times i turn it on the next day and it is completely shut down, I must hit the power button to get it back on, who or why does this happen? 105593