Windows 10: Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep

Discus and support Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep... My laptop has forgotten how to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Hinduvanshi, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep

Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep...

My laptop has forgotten how to sleep

:)

Hinduvanshi, Feb 14, 2020

2. Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep

Hi Hinduvanshi,

You might want to check this article for suggested steps on how to fix your concern.

https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-turns-off-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let us know if this helped you out.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Servicelayer.exe prevents laptop of going to sleep.

Thanks for the work around.Much appreciated but this is not really practical

I did test it butand it work but because my phone connect automatically to the computer thru BT the service layer is always started even if I don't start Nokia PC Suite

Should I go to Computer - Manager - Services and stop everytime I put the laptop to sleep?

I think not...

Suggestion appreciated all the same

Thx

mirko1---01, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep

Preventing sleep on laptop/monitor

Hi Tricia,

In order to help you with your concern about preventing your Windows 10 not to go to sleep mode, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current Build and Version of your Windows 10 PC? To know these information follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small box will appear showing the current Build and
      Version
      of your PC.

(Should you need to update your PC, you may click on this
    link
    . This will also show you the update history for Windows 10.)

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly post it here.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

You may utilize the troubleshooting suggestions from the post of
    Aleksandr 10 in this thread, to remedy the
    automatic sleep that your device is displaying. This link has been helpful to a lot of Community members who had the same concern and may also be helpful in the issue at hand.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep

1. Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep - Similar Threads - Preventing laptop going

2. Laptop always restarts after shutdown and won’t go to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop always restarts after shutdown and won’t go to sleep: In the last few hours of use I noticed my laptop wasn’t going to sleep when I closed the lid of the laptop like it always has done. I tried shutting down my laptop via the shutdown function but it immediately turned itself back on, and does this every time I use the shutdown...
  3. Laptop always restarts after shutdown and won’t go to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop always restarts after shutdown and won’t go to sleep: In the last few hours of use I noticed my laptop wasn’t going to sleep when I closed the lid of the laptop like it always has done. I tried shutting down my laptop via the shutdown function but it immediately turned itself back on, and does this every time I use the shutdown...
  4. Windows 10 laptop will not shutdown automatically after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 laptop will not shutdown automatically after going to sleep: I've tried everything it seems to get my HP Envy laptop running Windows 10 64 bit to turn off automatically after going to sleep. This problem recently started a few weeks ago.I have looked in powercfg -requests for anything keeping it on but there is nothing there.I even...
  5. Windows 10 laptop will not shutdown automatically after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 laptop will not shutdown automatically after going to sleep: I've tried everything it seems to get my HP Envy laptop running Windows 10 64 bit to turn off automatically after going to sleep. This problem recently started a few weeks ago.I have looked in powercfg -requests for anything keeping it on but there is nothing there.I even...
  6. Windows 10 laptop will not shutdown automatically after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Preventing a computer from going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preventing a computer from going to sleep: With everyone working remotely, I worked hard to make sure that our computers at the office never went to sleep. There used to be separate sections on the Power and Sleep settings allowing you to tell the computer to never go to sleep. Well an update must have gone out and...
  8. Prevent the hdmi from going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent the hdmi from going to sleep: HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0686no I have two monitors connected. Another DVI port and another HDMI port.I want the DVI port to go to sleep and the HDMI port to stay active when the monitor is in sleep mode.I listen to music and watch movies through the HDMI port and...
  9. Prevent Windows from putting USB speaker to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Prevent Windows from putting USB speaker to sleep: I have a USB speaker connected to my Win 10 1903 18362.1016. What I experience is that if I play a sound on that USB speaker after it having been idle just the speaker for a while, the first half second or so of the sound is chopped off. If I play multiple sounds after the...
  10. Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep: when i make my laptop sleep and open it after some time it is already shut down, it never opens from where i left it what must i do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preventing-laptop-from-going-to-shutdown-after/d1107476-8cba-4411-a25a-ce29088e1cf4