Windows 10: Preventing Logitech wireless mouse from waking computer

Discus and support Preventing Logitech wireless mouse from waking computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I have gone into the mouse properties and unchecked "allows this device to wake computer" for both the mouse and the receiver since it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DocCaliban, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Preventing Logitech wireless mouse from waking computer

Hello. I have gone into the mouse properties and unchecked "allows this device to wake computer" for both the mouse and the receiver since it was listed there. The mouse still wakes the computer.

I only want to wake it with the wireless keyboard which uses a separate receiver.

Ideas?

submitted by /u/DocCaliban
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DocCaliban, Jan 28, 2021
  2. coffent Win User

How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer?

Thanks lgentry. I have a Microsoft wired keyboard and a Logitech wireless mouse. Under Device Manager>Keyboards it lists two "HID Keyboard Device"s and the Microsoft keyboard. Unchecking the "Allow this device to wake the computer" for the two HID keyboards fixed the problem as you suggested. Weird that one must prevent "keyboards" from waking the computer to in fact prevent the mouse from waking it.

coffent, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Logitech Wireless Mouse

Hi Ken,

Not working wireless mouse could be due to the following:

• Outdated device driver
    • No device driver installed
    • Faulty wireless mouse receiver

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you done any changes (like updating your Windows) on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using using your wireless mouse on other computer and checked if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried updating your wireless mouse driver?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to run Windows troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter

If the troubleshooter didn't work, you can check this
    article
    about updating your wireless mouse driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jan 28, 2021
  4. lgentry Win User

Preventing Logitech wireless mouse from waking computer

How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer?

SOLUTION to fixing wireless mouse waking computer from sleep. I know this is an old thread but wanted to share what fixed this for me in case it might help someone. I fought this problem for months. I have (one) Logitech wired keyboard and (one) Logitech wireless mouse. In device manager under 'keyboards' Windows lists 2 devices - HID keyboard device and Logitech HID compliant keyboard. Under 'Mice and other pointing devices' it lists 2 devices -HID compliant mouse and Logitech HID compliant unifying mouse. If you uncheck 'allow this device to wake computer' on everything but Logitech HID compliant keyboard, the mouse will no longer wake computer. I feel the same scenario would probably work for those of you who use a Microsoft cordless mouse. I tested this even further by connecting a no-name wired mouse instead of the wireless one. Of course that mouse woke computer until I unchecked the box in power management. This issue seems to happen when either a Microsoft or Logitech unifying receiver is in the scenario. It does not happen when both keyboard and mouse are plain old wired devices. In that case Windows identifies only one mouse and one keyboard.

lgentry, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Preventing Logitech wireless mouse from waking computer

1. Preventing Logitech wireless mouse from waking computer - Similar Threads - Preventing Logitech wireless

2. Logitech wireless mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech wireless mouse: i have a Logitech wireless mouse, and it has served me very well since i got it but as of late I've noticed a problem with the mouse, it seems to always be scrolling down or to the right, not sure why but sometimes if scrolling is available it will scroll and it has made...
  3. Logitech wireless mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech wireless mouse: i have a Logitech wireless mouse, and it has served me very well since i got it but as of late I've noticed a problem with the mouse, it seems to always be scrolling down or to the right, not sure why but sometimes if scrolling is available it will scroll and it has made...
  4. Logitech wireless mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to prevent mouse from waking computer even when the lid is closed

How to prevent mouse from waking computer even when the lid is closed: Hi, my laptop keeps turning on when the lid is closed if my mouse moves, not only is it annoying, but it totally breaks the nvidia graphics because after I open the lid, the display shows nothing. How to fix this?...
  6. Wake computer from keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake computer from keyboard/mouse: Hello. When my Windows 10 laptop is sleeping, how do I wake this up from the keyboard/mouse? This is connected to a docking station with dual monitors and I would like to not have to open my laptop every time to wake this....
  7. Logitech Keyboard/Mouse will not wake from hibernation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logitech Keyboard/Mouse will not wake from hibernation: I have a Logitech keyboard and mouse connected to my laptop via the USB receiver. I am able to wake up my computer from sleep using either the mouse or keyboard but not from hibernation. Any help or suggestions. TIA! submitted by /u/rubeo_O [link] [comments]...
  8. Prevent wireless mouse from waking PC from hibernation

Prevent wireless mouse from waking PC from hibernation: Hi started using Hibernate mode all the time now, as it’s so much easier to resume work in progress, I am told it doesn’t use any more power than if the PC is shutdown. BUT I need to prevent my wireless mouse from waking PC from hibernation. Have turned off option in mouse...
  9. My Logitech wireless mouse is not working

My Logitech wireless mouse is not working: Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-logitech-wireless-mouse-is-not-working/81554924-d44e-4961-ba40-a25af938e605
  10. CONNECTING MY LOGITECH WIRELESS MOUSE

CONNECTING MY LOGITECH WIRELESS MOUSE: JUST PURCHASED A LOGITECH WIRELESS CONTROL PLUS M510 AND HAVING TROUBLE GETTING THE LAPTOP TO RESPOND TO IT. I HAVENT USED A WIRELESS IN QUITE A WHILE, BUT I SEEM TO RECALL IT CAME WITH A SMALL (RECEIVER?) FOR THE USB PORT. THIS MOUSE DID NOT. AM I MISSING SOMETHING??...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable logitech unifiing to wake pc

2. prevent logitech mouse from waking computer