Windows 10: Preventing MYSQL service running at start-up

Discus and support Preventing MYSQL service running at start-up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have installed MYSQL on windows 10 as manual service but it still start automatically at start-up, How do I prevent this? I never had this problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wrentom, Nov 19, 2019.

1. wrentom Win User

Preventing MYSQL service running at start-up

I have installed MYSQL on windows 10 as manual service but it still start automatically at start-up, How do I prevent this? I never had this problem on windows 7

:)

wrentom, Nov 19, 2019

2. How to completely uninstall MySQL?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Which version of Windows is installed on your device?

Refer the article ‘Which Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall MySQL from the device.

Step 1

Uninstall MySQL from Control Panel. To do so,

Go to Control Panel >Programs and Features > Select
    MySQL > Click on Uninstall.

After you have uninstalled MySQL through Add/Remove programs, you now need to remove the existing database information which includes your actual data. If you need any of that data, be sure to back it up. Next you can delete
    the data directory.

Step 2

Run Command Prompt as Administrator and execute the following command to stop and remove MySQL service.

Net stop MySQL

Sc delete MySQL

Step 3

1. Click on Start, type in Show hidden files and folders.
    2. Select the View tab and select
      Show hidden files and folders
    3. Now explore the following locations and delete following folders.

C:\Program Files\MySQL

C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL

C:\ProgramData\MySQL

And if exists, delete the folder from the location.

C:\Users\[User-Name]\AppData\Roaming\MySQL
    4. Restart your device and check the status.

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 19, 2019
  3. LarryTX Win User
    Apache/MySQL service settings revert to manual on reboot

I've maintained an XAMPP localhost on my machine for web development for years and never had any real problem with it. Fairly recently (within the last two or three months, I believe), the services for both Apache and MySQL always revert to a Startup Type of Manual on reboot. Each time, I dutifully go in and reset the Startup Type to Automatic and start the services. Everything is fine until the next reboot. Then, I find that neither Apache nor MySQL are running because the Startup Type has reverted to Manual. So, I do the same thing all over again. I must have reset the two services to Automatic at least a thousand times. They always revert to Manual.

This has never happened before. Is there a way:

• To prevent them from reverting to Manual, effectively making Automatic "stick" or
    • Failing that, write a batch file to circumvent whatever Microsoft has done and reset the Startup Type on reboot?

I just know that the Microsoft software engineers spend many a sleepless night figuring out new and creative ways to make Windows less usable and more inefficient. Aparently, they strike again!

LarryTX, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Darkmind Win User

uninstalling mysql from services

I uninstalled all the mysql programs from my computer, yet I still have a lingering "MySQL 4" service in my services window. I have windows vista. How do I uninstall the service?

Darkmind, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Preventing MYSQL service running at start-up - Similar Threads - Preventing MYSQL service

2. Security Service Running but not showing as started

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Service Running but not showing as started: Both my security center, antivirus and firewall are all running, but I get the message when starting up that the security service could not start and it show's disabled in under services. I am just curious what this discrepancy could be the result of....
  3. Security Service Running but not showing as started

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Service Running but not showing as started: Both my security center, antivirus and firewall are all running, but I get the message when starting up that the security service could not start and it show's disabled in under services. I am just curious what this discrepancy could be the result of....
  4. MySQL services not starting whenever windows reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MySQL services not starting whenever windows reboot: We are using windows server 2019 Standard, 32GB RAM, Processor: IntelR Xeon® Silver 4310 CPU @2.1GHz2 processors, 64 bit OS in one of the Amazon Site.Whenever power trip or windows system reboot occurs, MySQL services are not starting....
  5. MySQL services not starting whenever windows reboot

MySQL services not starting whenever windows reboot: We are using windows server 2019 Standard, 32GB RAM, Processor: IntelR Xeon® Silver 4310 CPU @2.1GHz2 processors, 64 bit OS in one of the Amazon Site.Whenever power trip or windows system reboot occurs, MySQL services are not starting....
  6. MySQL server is not starting in Xampp

MySQL server is not starting in Xampp: I had recently installed XAMPP on my Laptop and had created one website on localhost, everything was working fine till today but today when I started XAMPP server to proceed further with my website then Apache Server started normally as usual, but when I try to start MYSQL...
  7. MySQL server is not starting in Xampp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MySQL server is not starting in Xampp: I had recently installed XAMPP on my Laptop and had created one website on localhost, everything was working fine till today but today when I started XAMPP server to proceed further with my website then Apache Server started normally as usual, but when I try to start MYSQL...
  8. mysql

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mysql: mysql was not instaling in laptop my windows 10 home single language tell me any idea to instal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mysql/f816549b-ff83-47c3-b8be-eefef5d790b1
  9. How to prevent Service, being start by another Service ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent Service, being start by another Service ?: Hello, how do i prevent Service being started, by another Service. Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader Host Service is starting IP Helper and i don't want tunneling IPv6 over IPv4. I tried to disable both services, but they are still starting. First service is running,...
  10. Services Apache & MySQL won't run

Services Apache & MySQL won't run: My Windows 7 Pro machine correctly ran Apache and MySQL servers until I accepted the free "upgrade" to Windows 10 Pro. Now the services won't stay running. I had previously installed the IndigoAMPP 9.04 distribution from IndigoStar software, including Apache 2.2.11 and...