Windows 10: Preventing Programs/Process from starting automatically in Windows 10

Discus and support Preventing Programs/Process from starting automatically in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There are several programs/processes that start automatically in my Windows 10 (example: Skype, Microsoft Store). How do I prevent programs/processes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CherylSams, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Preventing Programs/Process from starting automatically in Windows 10

There are several programs/processes that start automatically in my Windows 10 (example: Skype, Microsoft Store). How do I prevent programs/processes from starting automatically? They are not listed in the startup tab in Task Manager.

Thanks for your help!

:)

CherylSams, Jul 16, 2019

2. Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 17, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Preventing Programs/Process from starting automatically in Windows 10

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Preventing Programs/Process from starting automatically in Windows 10

1. Preventing Programs/Process from starting automatically in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Preventing Programs Process

2. how do I prevent programs from opening automatically when Windows start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I prevent programs from opening automatically when Windows start: I have 5 five programs that start automaticaly when I open Windos which makes my computer very slow. What can I do to stop them?Thank you beforehand,Anna...
  3. how do I prevent programs from opening automatically when Windows start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I prevent programs from opening automatically when Windows start: I have 5 five programs that start automaticaly when I open Windos which makes my computer very slow. What can I do to stop them?Thank you beforehand,Anna...
  4. How to prevent windows 10 from closing the unresponsive program/process?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent windows 10 from closing the unresponsive program/process?: Pretty much like the title said. Let's say in my case i'm running a game where at some point the game loads bunch of mods, map, assets, etc. And during the time game became unresponsive momentarily about a few seconds then proceed back to normal. Now the problem is during...
  5. How to prevent windows 10 from closing the unresponsive program/process?

How to prevent windows 10 from closing the unresponsive program/process?: Pretty much like the title said. Let's say in my case i'm running a game where at some point the game loads bunch of mods, map, assets, etc. And during the time game became unresponsive momentarily about a few seconds then proceed back to normal. Now the problem is during...
  6. How to prevent windows from closing the unresponsive program/process?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent windows from closing the unresponsive program/process?: Pretty much like the title said. Let's say in my case i'm running a game where at some point the game loads bunch of mods, map, assets, etc. And during the time game became unresponsive momentarily about a few seconds then proceed back to normal. Now the problem is during...
  7. How to prevent windows from closing the unresponsive program/process?

How to prevent windows from closing the unresponsive program/process?: Pretty much like the title said. Let's say in my case i'm running a game where at some point the game loads bunch of mods, map, assets, etc. And during the time game became unresponsive momentarily about a few seconds then proceed back to normal. Now the problem is during...
  8. Prevent starting program from moving to foreground

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Prevent starting program from moving to foreground: Hey there, is there a way to prevent an opening program from moving to the foreground and to keep it staying in the background until I choose to work with it? For example, usually after boot up I open Chrome and Steam. Obviously, Steam is gonna take a little longer to open...
  9. Program starts automatically.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Program starts automatically.: why last application ( Excel or word ) which was running starts automatically when i start my computer again after shut down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-starts-automatically/6dab70e0-79f9-4bd9-8588-2d59d327a596
  10. Prevent Windows 10 from automatically disconnecting from WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Prevent Windows 10 from automatically disconnecting from WiFi: My WiFi Automatically Disconnects from from the network every time under the following circumstances: - WiFi Network has no Internet Connection - Ethernet with Internet Connection is plugged in - 3G/4G Dongle is Connected - 3G/4G Mobile Hostspot RNDIS Device is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1909 dwm.exe