Windows 10: Preventing reboot

Discus and support Preventing reboot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using a computer with Windows 10 to monitor an automated machine (over few weeks or months), so I would like to prevent this computer from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FlorianBlanchet1, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Preventing reboot

Hi,

I'm using a computer with Windows 10 to monitor an automated machine (over few weeks or months), so I would like to prevent this computer from automatic reboot.

However I don't find any options close to that in the control panel. How can I disable automatic reboot ?

:)

FlorianBlanchet1, Nov 8, 2019

2. Windows Update - Prevents Appliations from Loading

Update KB4015217 currently preventing a number of applications in our environment from loading.

We have to perform the following steps to get the applications to run:

Uninstall Windows Update KB4015217

• Windows Update
    • Update History
    • Uninstall Update
    Reboot

Run the “Windows Update Hide Tool”

Hide update KB4015217

1234Jenifer1234, Nov 8, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Preventing reboot

Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Preventing reboot

1. Preventing reboot - Similar Threads - Preventing reboot

2. Prevent Windows 11 asking for bitlocker key during reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Windows 11 asking for bitlocker key during reboot: A Student lost some files on his Lenovo laptop. I tried to restore the files with "Rescuecd" based on Linux. I installed it on a USB drive.Therefore I had to disable security in the UEFI Bios in order to make the laptop boot from the USB.After finishing the file recovery, I...
  3. Prevent Windows 11 asking for bitlocker key during reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Windows 11 asking for bitlocker key during reboot: A Student lost some files on his Lenovo laptop. I tried to restore the files with "Rescuecd" based on Linux. I installed it on a USB drive.Therefore I had to disable security in the UEFI Bios in order to make the laptop boot from the USB.After finishing the file recovery, I...
  4. Prevent feature update from asking for response when rebooting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent feature update from asking for response when rebooting?: I have remote win10 system, no monitor nor keyboard, that is accessed by Splashtop. It provides backup services for a NAS system.On a recent feature update, it failed to reboot, and we had to visit the location, add a monitor and keyboard, and respond to a question. I do not...
  5. Prevent feature update from asking for response when rebooting?

Prevent feature update from asking for response when rebooting?: I have remote win10 system, no monitor nor keyboard, that is accessed by Splashtop. It provides backup services for a NAS system.On a recent feature update, it failed to reboot, and we had to visit the location, add a monitor and keyboard, and respond to a question. I do not...
  6. Prevent feature update from asking for response when rebooting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. There's no realistic way to prevent Windows 10 from automatically rebooting itself after an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There's no realistic way to prevent Windows 10 from automatically rebooting itself after an...: This is one of many reasons why people use Apple's macOS. macOS is not only superior to Windows 10 - macOS doesn't automatically reboot itself after an update. I've lost so much work because Microsoft's lack of understanding that rebooting causes your work to become lost....
  8. There's no realistic way to prevent Windows 10 from automatically rebooting itself after an...

There's no realistic way to prevent Windows 10 from automatically rebooting itself after an...: This is one of many reasons why people use Apple's macOS. macOS is not only superior to Windows 10 - macOS doesn't automatically reboot itself after an update. I've lost so much work because Microsoft's lack of understanding that rebooting causes your work to become lost....
  9. There's no realistic way to prevent Windows 10 from automatically rebooting itself after an...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. pc matic will preventing on my computer from rebooting properly?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pc matic will preventing on my computer from rebooting properly?: I attempted to restart my Microsoft Surface with Windows 10 I was having network problems, and already restarted the router to no avail, but somewhere along the rebooting steps, my device's display went black and was consistently flashing a quick blue screen. I forced a...