Windows 10: Preventing Recently Added apps on Start Menu from Auto Deletion

Discus and support Preventing Recently Added apps on Start Menu from Auto Deletion in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 seems to automatically clear so it can give room for newcomers after some period. But I want the items... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Manasan3010, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Preventing Recently Added apps on Start Menu from Auto Deletion

Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 seems to automatically clear so it can give room for newcomers after some period. But I want the items in the list to never get auto-deleted so when I expand the list, I can scroll through all of my installed apps over time. How can I accomplish this?

Preventing Recently Added apps on Start Menu from Auto Deletion [​IMG]

:)

Manasan3010, Oct 1, 2018

2. Windows 10: How to enable/disable recently added apps in the Start Menu?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in start settings

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "recently added" tab", are you referring to recently added apps?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Start settings" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Click on Show recent added apps.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Add or Remove Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10  

UPDATE:

Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328, the Recently added section has been updated so that it will now show 3 entries instead of just 1, and can be expanded to see the entire list of new apps.

Preventing Recently Added apps on Start Menu from Auto Deletion [​IMG]

Brink, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Preventing Recently Added apps on Start Menu from Auto Deletion

I cannot delete or add apps to 'life at a glance'

Hi,

How exactly you are trying to add or delete apps to life at a glance?

Did you get any error when you try adding or deleting?

I suggest you to follow the below methods to add apps:

Method1:

• Open Start menu and Click All Apps.

• Right click on the app you want to add in Life at a glance and select Pin to Start.

• The app will be added to Life at a glance.
    Method 2:

• Drag the app from app list and drop the app in Life at a glance part.

• The app will be added to Life at a glance.
    I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the apps:

• Right click on the app you want to add in Life at a glance and select Unpin from Start.

• The app will be deleted from Life at a glance.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Preventing Recently Added apps on Start Menu from Auto Deletion

1. Preventing Recently Added apps on Start Menu from Auto Deletion - Similar Threads - Preventing Recently Added

2. Remove ads from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove ads from Start Menu: Can we finally remove the ads from the Start Menu?Or why do you need more than the $150 I already paid you? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-ads-from-start-menu/bad8b655-6579-4a15-b100-c993169b51cf
  3. Remove ads from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove ads from Start Menu: Can we finally remove the ads from the Start Menu?Or why do you need more than the $150 I already paid you? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-ads-from-start-menu/bad8b655-6579-4a15-b100-c993169b51cf
  4. Start Menu recently added dont show up and pin to start apps is messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu recently added dont show up and pin to start apps is messed up: Recently refreshed Surface Book and updated to Windows 10 2004. New setup. Enabled on start settings to show newly added app and arranging my pin apps on start menu and messed up. Over lapping tried rearranging it keep messing up or will lose the icon [IMG]...
  5. Win 10 Start Menu > Recently added ... Inspect , Delete & Disable

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Start Menu > Recently added ... Inspect , Delete & Disable: Hi, Top left of built-in Windows 10 Start Menu is a place for "Recently added" 1. Where in the registry these items are stored? 2. Deletion should be easy right? 3. Most important, how to clear the list and disable it from adding items again? Via .bat or .reg only? Cheers....
  6. Deleting Apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting Apps in start menu: I deleted a browser a long time ago and, today, when looking for an app I noticed the browswer software was still in apps list in start menu. It would not delete, so did this route and got it. Dont know if this is of any value but thought I'd tell you....
  7. App auto duplicates when added to start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    App auto duplicates when added to start menu.: I had league of legends installed, and due to bug had to reinstall it. Apparently when trying to pin newly installed games icon to start menu it duplicates (I assume old icon pins too), same thing when I try to remove it. Heres link to video I recorded if it might help...
  8. Adding recent items to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding recent items to start menu: Hi, Does anyone know where I can find the settings for the Start menu of Windows X? I forgot where it is. I managed to put a link of the download folder in the start menu. Forgot how I did that in the first place. Thanks. 16448
  9. Enable or Disable Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 The Recently added list on your Start menu shows the latest new desktop apps and Windows apps installed. Starting with...
  10. Add or Remove Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 The Recently added list on your Start menu shows the latest new desktop apps and Windows apps installed. Starting with Windows...