Windows 10: preventing restart due to updates

Discus and support preventing restart due to updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hi, I think this is a reasonable request, I want my PC to never restart due to updates until I restart it. Is this possible nowadays? I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by robocop, May 25, 2019.

1. robocop Win User

preventing restart due to updates

hi,

I think this is a reasonable request, I want my PC to never restart due to updates until I restart it. Is this possible nowadays? I've tried looking in settings and there's 'Show a notification when a restart is required' option but, today, as happened previous, I didn't see a notification and find my PC restarted and I have to go through document recovery etc.

I want to be able to hold off any restart, and I'll restart at a suitable time (and close/save all that is important) instead of the current method where it just restarts.

Thank you

:)

robocop, May 25, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond preventing restart due to updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 25, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, May 25, 2019
  4. preventing restart due to updates

Preventing System Shutdown/restart

is there a way to avoid a forced restart? Many times I have work open, and microsoft windows FORCES a restart when I'm not watching. is there a way to absolutely PREVENT the computer from restarting due to updates?

RufusShinra2, May 25, 2019
Thema:

preventing restart due to updates

1. preventing restart due to updates - Similar Threads - preventing restart due

2. How to avoid system restart due to updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to avoid system restart due to updates?: Hello everyone,Since I'm running simulations for my thesis, I have to let the computer running them for several days without turning off the system. On previous simulations I've had the problem that windows updated itself I use Windows 10 and therefore it restarted the system...
  3. How to avoid system restart due to updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to avoid system restart due to updates?: Hello everyone,Since I'm running simulations for my thesis, I have to let the computer running them for several days without turning off the system. On previous simulations I've had the problem that windows updated itself I use Windows 10 and therefore it restarted the system...
  4. How to avoid system restart due to updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to prevent an forced restart due by an update or something else ??

How to prevent an forced restart due by an update or something else ??: How do I prevent an forced restart due by an update or something else ?? recently i had a long process running which was cancelled/breakdown due a rerstart force by Windows ..I need my results of that process ... and now there aren't therehow can I be the one who can decide...
  6. How to prevent an forced restart due by an update or something else ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent an forced restart due by an update or something else ??: How do I prevent an forced restart due by an update or something else ?? recently i had a long process running which was cancelled/breakdown due a rerstart force by Windows ..I need my results of that process ... and now there aren't therehow can I be the one who can decide...
  7. How to prevent an forced restart due by an update or something else ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Bitlocker Prevents Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitlocker Prevents Restart: Split from this thread.Hello, I am experiencing the same issue on my Dell Inspiron 13-7353Windows 10 Home. I left it on sleeping with the lid closed overnight and now I am getting startup repair screen with message: C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt When I try and...
  9. Prevent restart for upgrades

Prevent restart for upgrades: How can I prevent restarts to install upgrades. My computer is failing on restarts and I don't want upgrades installed while I'm trouble shooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prevent-restart-for-upgrades/ff3649be-fa37-4ffc-90eb-736207f77886
  10. Preventing System Shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preventing System Shutdown/restart: is there a way to avoid a forced restart? Many times I have work open, and microsoft windows FORCES a restart when I'm not watching. is there a way to absolutely PREVENT the computer from restarting due to updates?...