Windows 10: Preventing System Shutdown/restart

Discus and support Preventing System Shutdown/restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; is there a way to avoid a forced restart? Many times I have work open, and microsoft windows FORCES a restart when I'm not watching. is there a way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RufusShinra2, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Preventing System Shutdown/restart

is there a way to avoid a forced restart? Many times I have work open, and microsoft windows FORCES a restart when I'm not watching. is there a way to absolutely PREVENT the computer from restarting due to updates?

:)

RufusShinra2, Nov 6, 2018
  2. little cat, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Steevo Win User
    Sudden system shutdown/restart, what could be causing it?

NO blue-screen when it crashes, just a complete shutdown indicates a hardware failure that is unrecoverable. I would suggest booting and running a live OS from DVD or USB while you do some hardware testing to prevent corruption of the OS and any files.

Procedure is the same for either live OS or for standard.

Remove every stick of RAM except one, unplug any hard drives not used, open case and point a fan into the case to make sure everything is staying cool and start running mem test and OCCT.

It looks like the CPU is getting too hot, so with the case open and a fan blowing in see if it restarts.

Steevo, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Preventing System Shutdown/restart

This App is preventing shutdown message.

*Original Title: This is preventing shutdown message.

When I shutdown I get the message "this app. is preventing shutdown". Last night it showed 'DDES window'. I can't find what DDES window is. I went through the msconfig list and I don't see anything that seems to match. What is DDES window?

LamarMasonYH, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Preventing System Shutdown/restart

1. Preventing System Shutdown/restart - Similar Threads - Preventing System Shutdown

2. Windows 11 "This app is preventing you from restarting/shutdown"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "This app is preventing you from restarting/shutdown": Ok so im trying to fix this error i saw unknown apps on this error ok so Everytime I restart/shutdown my windows 11 pc I get this error every time i do that i tried other methods it didnt work if any staff could help me right now please thank you....
  3. Windows 11 "This app is preventing you from restarting/shutdown"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 "This app is preventing you from restarting/shutdown": Ok so im trying to fix this error i saw unknown apps on this error ok so Everytime I restart/shutdown my windows 11 pc I get this error every time i do that i tried other methods it didnt work if any staff could help me right now please thank you....
  4. WUIconWindow preventing shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WUIconWindow preventing shutdown: Hello, I recently installed the latest update for windows and on shutdown I was prompted with "WUIconwindow is preventing shutdown" I'm unsure what this is or how to resolve it, it shut down after anyway but is it something to be concerned about? Thank you...
  5. Vtableholderpoc preventing shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Vtableholderpoc preventing shutdown: Any idea what this is? submitted by /u/gousaarmy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mi7h1p/vtableholderpoc_preventing_shutdown/
  6. About system errors on Shutdown vs. Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    About system errors on Shutdown vs. Restart: On shutdown then power button machine boots with very, very few errors. On restart for example after installing a major Windows 10 updatethere are multiple errors in computer management including the continually bedeviling DCOM errors. Windows 10 completely upgraded to latest...
  7. System is slow at restarting, but fast at shutdown and startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    System is slow at restarting, but fast at shutdown and startup: [ATTACH] I have newly installed a system. Since I installed the system. The restart time keeps around 15 mins. The shutdown time is around 10s, as is the startup. This PC uses an SSD as system drive, and have 8G DDR4 RAM. I installed the upgrades. disabled the fast...
  8. Prevent system shutdown on lockscreen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prevent system shutdown on lockscreen: Hi, I'm thinking about buying a tablet to study and take notes during university lessons but, discussing with a friend, I found out that it's impossible to prevent system shutdown on lockscreen, for example disabling physical power button or requesting a password (when a...
  9. App prevents shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App prevents shutdown: When I go to shut down my computer, a pop up comes on the screen saying, "An app running in the background is preventing shut down". How can I tell which up is running? and Can I close this app myself? Thanks...
  10. User_Session_Monitor_Cisco is preventing shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User_Session_Monitor_Cisco is preventing shutdown: Sometimes when I turn my PC off a process stops it from shutting down. '(My name)User_Session_Monitor_Cisco' I was wondering if there was an answer to this as I have not been able to find one. It's my own PC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is WUIconWindow windows 10