Windows 10: Preventing 'System Volume Information' forming on USB sticks in W10

Discus and support Preventing 'System Volume Information' forming on USB sticks in W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can delete those folders, but the Registry and Policy methods suggested by a Google search for PREVENTING their formation do not work, so is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sebastian42, May 23, 2018.

1. Sebastian42 Win User

Preventing 'System Volume Information' forming on USB sticks in W10

I can delete those folders, but the Registry and Policy methods suggested by a Google search for PREVENTING their formation do not work, so is there another effective way ? I want to emphasize that I want the prevention working for USB sticks - NOT USB Hard Drives.

:)

Sebastian42, May 23, 2018
  2. legattenere Win User

system volume information on usb sticks/mp3 players etc - Windows 10

If I replace Windows 10 upgrade with the professional version, will I be able to use GPEDIT to prevent System Volume Information appearing on usb sticks etc?

legattenere, May 29, 2018
  3. leefookmeng Win User
    system volume information on usb sticks/mp3 players etc - Windows 10

Dear sir/madam, is there a way to disable this features on window 10 , please advise

leefookmeng, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Preventing 'System Volume Information' forming on USB sticks in W10

1. Preventing 'System Volume Information' forming on USB sticks in W10 - Similar Threads - Preventing 'System Volume

2. Preventing the use of unauthorised USB sticks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Preventing the use of unauthorised USB sticks: Is it possible to restrict the USB ports so that they will only allow authorised USB drives to be used? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preventing-the-use-of-unauthorised-usb-sticks/a50cebba-1dec-43d1-9623-9cb7e79ecb82"
  3. Space required for system volume information

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Space required for system volume information: I understand that you can limit the maximum usage of system protection on a drive, thus affecting the size of the System Volume Information folder, but how much space does it actually require? Is there a minimum for the maximum usage you should allow (e.g. allow at least x%...
  4. About System Volume Information and Windows backup folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    About System Volume Information and Windows backup folder: In the C:\System Volume Information I have found a new folder: Windows Backup. I never used a backup software, so why this new folder? This occurs on Win 10 Pro 64bit....
  5. usb stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb stick: When using the media creation tool and when you get to the part where you can choose 'create USB stick' or 'ISO file> (Rufus not shown)', is it the same either way or is one better than the other? I used the ISO file and then Rufus to create the bootable stick to install Win...
  6. How do I delete files on system volume information?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I delete files on system volume information?: [img] I have about 58GB unneeded data trapped in "system volume information>file protector" and im not able to delete it. Things I have tried so far: 1. deleting every system restore and even turning it off. 2. Disabled acronis data protection and even uninstalled it. and a...
  7. Stop System Volume Information on USB Memory Stick?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop System Volume Information on USB Memory Stick?: Hello ALL: I keep seeing "solutions" to not having my system...64 Bit Win 10 PRO...create a System Volume Information Folder. I only want to do this on USB Memory Sticks so that when I use them in our cars the folder is not there. It keeps adding it whenever I format the USB...
  8. Access Denied: System Volume Information

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access Denied: System Volume Information: I am the administrator with UAC disabled (via registry) What's the deal here? You can unhide system files but cannot edit them? Very useful, I hope I am missing something... [img] 87693
  9. No files are in C:\System Volume Information\SytemRestore

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No files are in C:\System Volume Information\SytemRestore: I cannot find any restore point files in C:\System Volume Information\SystemRestore Where are the files? 48622
  10. System volume information folder questions

in Windows 10 Support
    System volume information folder questions: First question, the winre.wim file is at 96% fragmented and I cannot defrag the system information folder. How can I get that fragmented file to defrag? Second question, I have unchecked the hidden system folder so I can try and delete the system volume folder, which...