Preventing 'System Volume Information' forming on USB sticks in W10

Discus and support Preventing 'System Volume Information' forming on USB sticks in W10 in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I can delete those folders, but the Registry and Policy methods suggested by a Google search for PREVENTING their formation do not work, so is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sebastian42, May 23, 2018.

1. Sebastian42 Win User

I can delete those folders, but the Registry and Policy methods suggested by a Google search for PREVENTING their formation do not work, so is there another effective way ? I want to emphasize that I want the prevention working for USB sticks - NOT USB Hard Drives.

:)

Sebastian42, May 23, 2018
  2. legattenere Win User

system volume information on usb sticks/mp3 players etc - Windows 10

If I replace Windows 10 upgrade with the professional version, will I be able to use GPEDIT to prevent System Volume Information appearing on usb sticks etc?

legattenere, May 30, 2018
  3. leefookmeng Win User
    system volume information on usb sticks/mp3 players etc - Windows 10

Dear sir/madam, is there a way to disable this features on window 10 , please advise

leefookmeng, May 30, 2018
Thema:

Preventing 'System Volume Information' forming on USB sticks in W10 - Similar Threads - Preventing 'System Volume

1. How to prevent 1803 Update forever?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to prevent 1803 Update forever?: I'm still using an old Inspiron 11z (1110) from circa 2010. Driver support is long gone, and the recent update stops the machine from booting. It refuses to recover, wouldn't roll back to 1709. My only path was to restore a clonezilla image from a year ago which is 1703. It...
  2. How to prevent 1803 forever?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent 1803 forever?: I'm still using an old Inspiron 11z (1110) from circa 2010. Driver support is long gone, and the recent update stops the machine from booting. It refuses to recover, wouldn't roll back to 1709. My only path was to restore a clonezilla image from a year ago which is 1703. It...
  3. Remove\prevent bloatware from Store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove\prevent bloatware from Store: Hi, While in Sysprep audit mode what is the cleanest way to remove the bloatware that MS inists upon installing from the Store? I have seen a few different scripts and the goal is to remove this crap and prevent it from returning. So assuming there is a good way of doing...
  4. Sysprep audit mode - remove\prevent bloatware from Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Sysprep audit mode - remove\prevent bloatware from Store: Hi, While in Sysprep audit mode what is the cleanest way to remove the bloatware that MS inists upon installing from the Store? I have seen a few different scripts and the goal is to remove this crap and prevent it from returning. So assuming there is a good way of doing...
  5. System Display Percent - No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access

in Windows 10 Support
    System Display Percent - No Scroll bars prevent bottom window access: Being a senior with fading eye sight, I use the 150% scaling on the System Display setting. The problem arises due to 1/2 of the windows on various applications, not providing a scroll bar, preventing access to the options at the bottom of these windows that extend beyond the...
  6. Defender prevents system restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Defender prevents system restore: Till recently I could use system restore without difficulty. Now I get an error message: System restore didnot complete successfully. System restore could not access a file, probably due to an antivirus programme. (Name of file is not mentioned} I only use Defender. When I...
  7. Can you prevent automatic update from interfering with system restore?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can you prevent automatic update from interfering with system restore?: I have often seen that whenever there is an automatic Windows update, the restore points created are no longer available. I agree that going back to an earlier point in time negates the advantages of an update. I have seen applications to break after a, Windows automatic...