Preventing 'System Volume Information' forming on USB sticks in W10

Discus and support Preventing 'System Volume Information' forming on USB sticks in W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can delete those folders, but the Registry and Policy methods suggested by a Google search for PREVENTING their formation do not work, so is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sebastian42, May 23, 2018.

1. Sebastian42 Win User

I can delete those folders, but the Registry and Policy methods suggested by a Google search for PREVENTING their formation do not work, so is there another effective way ? I want to emphasize that I want the prevention working for USB sticks - NOT USB Hard Drives.

:)

Sebastian42, May 23, 2018
  2. legattenere Win User

system volume information on usb sticks/mp3 players etc - Windows 10

If I replace Windows 10 upgrade with the professional version, will I be able to use GPEDIT to prevent System Volume Information appearing on usb sticks etc?

legattenere, May 29, 2018
  3. leefookmeng Win User
    system volume information on usb sticks/mp3 players etc - Windows 10

Dear sir/madam, is there a way to disable this features on window 10 , please advise

leefookmeng, May 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Preventing 'System Volume Information' forming on USB sticks in W10 - Similar Threads - Preventing 'System Volume

2. Wifi, bluetooth and other software failing after W10 updating

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi, bluetooth and other software failing after W10 updating: Since last June, wireless devices are turned off, several days the speakers also, and DVD works bad. I've attempted many solutions but there is no success: DISM (no fails detected), updating Win drivers, updating Dell drivers -all of them are ok- but problem persists....
  3. windows 10 - system configuartion

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 - system configuartion: system configuration will always start up in selective startup with both boxes checked,,, - load system services and load startup items ??...
  4. Windows 10 System Image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 System Image: Hi, I bought a new laptop from Currys in the UK, and the sales person there was insistent that I needed to pay them to supply a system image on a memory stick, and of course pay. I declined their offer, and have a couple of questions: 1, Do I really need to create a...
  5. USB headset – Device Descriptor Request Failed (Win 10)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB headset – Device Descriptor Request Failed (Win 10): Hi there, I have a problem with my USB headset (Plantronics Blackwire C520-M). Windows is telling me that the device isn't recognized. The device manager shows "Device Descriptor Request Failed". It happened very suddenly; while I was listening to music (everything as...
  6. Single monitor=no transparency in Start menu on dual monitor system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Single monitor=no transparency in Start menu on dual monitor system: Hello, I can't find any information about this one so here it goes. My Windows 10 is a dual monitor system and I don't get this problem when both monitors are enabled but when I game I disable the secondary display and then on the primary display the Start menu will lose...
  7. Won't boot, system recovery mode not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Won't boot, system recovery mode not working.: After the latest windows 10 update my pc couldn't boot properly, it would boot up and show a black screen with a cursor, without logging in etc. After trying for a while decided to reset my windows through the recovery boot thing. (3 boot interrupts) Everything was fine for...
  8. Windows 10 activation after a "System Restore"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 activation after a "System Restore": So I recently had some problems with my computer, I upgraded over a year ago from Windows 7 to the free Windows 10 upgrade. Yesterday I had to perform a "System Restore" in which it deleted most of my programs, luckily I backed up my important things. However Windows is now...
  9. Password issues with W10 in Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password issues with W10 in Safe Mode: Laptop: HP Spectre x360 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) I went thru the basic setup on a brand new laptop and used the face recognition feature for logon. As I was having an issue with installing some software that runs on Win7, I was advised by the software...
  10. windows 10 iso file to usb but its not working set up error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 iso file to usb but its not working set up error: auto run setup error how to fix please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/windows-10-iso-file-to-usb-but-its-not-working-set/5d6c92b0-b7c7-447e-b2cc-41fa27052bc4