Windows 10: Preventing Use of Microsoft Store for Students

Discus and support Preventing Use of Microsoft Store for Students in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had the Microsoft Store blocked by using registry entries. Lately that has become ineffective. I am using Win10 PRO-2004. I have used: Code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PosseJohn, May 31, 2020.

1. PosseJohn Win User

Preventing Use of Microsoft Store for Students

I had the Microsoft Store blocked by using registry entries. Lately that has become ineffective. I am using Win10 PRO-2004.

I have used:
    Code:
    I have also set the Local Security Policy to prevent use for the Students:

Preventing Use of Microsoft Store for Students [​IMG]

I need help blocking the Store with the new culture MS has adopted.

Thank you

:)

PosseJohn, May 31, 2020

2. Microsoft Store is not working

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing in accessing the Windows Store?

Have you tried to reset the Windows Store as stated in the above response?

If the issue still persists after deploying the above troubleshooting steps, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

1. Press
    Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Control Panel.

2. In the
    Control Panel window, select Category and then select
    Large icons.

3. Click on
    Troubleshooting.

4. Click
    View all and then click Windows Store Apps.

5. Click
    Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 31, 2020
  3. microsoft store errors

Hi,

The 0x87AF0001 is a common error in Windows Store, wherein it prevents you to download or update new or existing applications. To resolve this, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open the command prompt, and run it as an administrator.
    • Type the command: dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup.
    • Restart your device, and check if your query persists.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, May 31, 2020
  4. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, May 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Preventing Use of Microsoft Store for Students - Similar Threads - Preventing Microsoft Store

2. A bug in the Microsoft Store prevents the use of Start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A bug in the Microsoft Store prevents the use of Start.: I ended up buying a Dell with Windows 10 to replace my old Lenovo. From a freshly installed Windows 10, I started the whole process all over again. Now Microsoft Store was fine. I reinstalled the same applications as before, very standard, common and famous applications, the...
  3. A bug in the Microsoft Store prevents the use of Start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A bug in the Microsoft Store prevents the use of Start.: I ended up buying a Dell with Windows 10 to replace my old Lenovo. From a freshly installed Windows 10, I started the whole process all over again. Now Microsoft Store was fine. I reinstalled the same applications as before, very standard, common and famous applications, the...
  4. A bug in the Microsoft Store prevents the use of Start.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Microsoft Student Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Student Account: Hello, I have a problem with my Microsoft student account where I still get the message that I have to activate while I've heard that I can benefit from a free account. Please advise. Thank you...
  6. Microsoft Student Accunt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Student Accunt: I installed microsoft teams on my home computer to do school work, but in doing so my school somehow installed dyknow, a tracker again on MY pc, and now when i press the windows key and type something to search this comes up with my school logo and name. It also blocked the...
  7. Prevent Students Using Quora

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent Students Using Quora: I am attempting to prevent my students from using Quora. Either by registry setting or Google Chrome settings. Students need to use GMail for school communications, and it seems Quora Digest is showing in the Social category. When the link is activated for the Quora, the...
  8. In store special student pricing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    In store special student pricing: I pre-ordered the Surface Pro 7 at a Microsoft Store a couple of days ago because I am leaving on holiday the day after the released (23rd October). So I wanted to make sure I could have it before my trip. Since then I logged onto Microsoft online and I saw that I am...
  9. Microsoft Store Prevents Installing Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Prevents Installing Games: I just got the game pass for pc (beta), then started installing all my other games that I was interested in. Then the last game "Cluster Truck" I tried to download but the store show me a circle with a slash to me. If anyone knows a solution please tell me!...
  10. Prevent child accessing the Microsoft Store

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Prevent child accessing the Microsoft Store: Can you please advise me how I can prevent my child from accessing the Microsoft Store completely? I have set an age limit to block inappropriate apps, games and media and have also enabled adult approval for purchases but unfortunately, this does nothing to hinder the...