Windows 10: Preventing user from obtaining information with Get-ADUser via Powershell

Discus and support Preventing user from obtaining information with Get-ADUser via Powershell in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is it possible to prevent the domain user from obtaining information with Get-ADUservia Powershell?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Martin_984, May 25, 2020.

1. Preventing user from obtaining information with Get-ADUser via Powershell

Is it possible to prevent the domain user from obtaining information with Get-ADUservia Powershell?

:)

Martin_984, May 25, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, May 25, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, May 25, 2020
  4. Preventing user from obtaining information with Get-ADUser via Powershell

Can't use ADUser since upgrade to Win 10

I've just upgrade to Win 10 Pro. I noticed that I have Powershell version 5 now. The problem is that it doesn't include the ADuser or ADcomputer commands and I can't find where to get the AD module. Also since my admin tools GUI, such as ADUC and the Active
    Directory Center, stopped working I've got nothing.

Can anyone point my in a direction or can I uninstall the Windows Mgmt framework and go back to Powershell 4?

RJ-Cirtwell, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Preventing user from obtaining information with Get-ADUser via Powershell

1. Preventing user from obtaining information with Get-ADUser via Powershell - Similar Threads - Preventing user obtaining

2. How to obtain Major.Minor.Version.Patch details from PowerShell?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to obtain Major.Minor.Version.Patch details from PowerShell?: Hello everyone, I happen to use following command to obtain operating system version details. cmd /verThe same command cannot be used when called in a PowerShell script like following. Why? because it opens a shell; and control remain stuck there. invoke-command -scriptblock...
  3. How to obtain Major.Minor.Version.Patch details from PowerShell?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to obtain Major.Minor.Version.Patch details from PowerShell?: Hello everyone, I happen to use following command to obtain operating system version details. cmd /verThe same command cannot be used when called in a PowerShell script like following. Why? because it opens a shell; and control remain stuck there. invoke-command -scriptblock...
  4. How to obtain Major.Minor.Version.Patch details from PowerShell?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. running Powershel script from cloud pc to create new aacounts getting error Get-ADUser :...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    running Powershel script from cloud pc to create new aacounts getting error Get-ADUser :...: Hi team,running Powershel script from cloud pc to create new aacounts getting error Get-ADUser : Unable to find a default server with Active Directory Web Services running.""kindly suggest a solution...
  6. running Powershel script from cloud pc to create new aacounts getting error Get-ADUser :...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    running Powershel script from cloud pc to create new aacounts getting error Get-ADUser :...: Hi team,running Powershel script from cloud pc to create new aacounts getting error Get-ADUser : Unable to find a default server with Active Directory Web Services running.""kindly suggest a solution...
  7. running Powershel script from cloud pc to create new aacounts getting error Get-ADUser :...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Get virus/threat information from microsoft via threat id

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Get virus/threat information from microsoft via threat id: don't know if this is the right place for a question like this but:first, I have a virus report from windows defender with a threat id. For example this is the threat id of the eicar testfile: "2147519003".When I google just this id, the first hit is this site from microsoft...
  9. How to prevent users from sharing media via Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent users from sharing media via Windows Media Player: [ATTACH]If you want to prevent users from sharing media files via Windows Media Player […] This article How to prevent users from sharing media via Windows Media Player first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Is the get-aduser commandlet native to Powershell or is it provided by another software...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is the get-aduser commandlet native to Powershell or is it provided by another software...: Is the get-aduser commandlet native to Powershell or is it provided by another software package? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-get-aduser-commandlet-native-to-powershell/41acebc4-7880-4616-823a-ae3e88d6208a