Windows 10: Preventing Win10 From Moving Programs to Different Screen After Sleep?

Discus and support Preventing Win10 From Moving Programs to Different Screen After Sleep? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; It's a productivity killer when Windows 10 re-positions some of my programs after every time it wakes up from sleep or when my monitors shut off after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by appplejack007, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Preventing Win10 From Moving Programs to Different Screen After Sleep?

It's a productivity killer when Windows 10 re-positions some of my programs after every time it wakes up from sleep or when my monitors shut off after 20mins.

I tried everything I could from re-installing graphics driver and I even re-installed my Windows 10 from scratch.
    Nothing worked. I have to turn it to this forum.

I use Windows 10 X64, my GPU is GTX 970.

Thank you.

:)

appplejack007, Mar 15, 2020

2. Screen shut down at different intervals

Thank you Ron; but that is the first thing I did when I installed the operating system. That was the fist thing I did on any operating system I installed. Even though, I did it again just to make sure; no luck. Besides, the screen "shuts off" at different
    times. I believe it a Malware program. Any suggestions?

I appreciate your help,

David

David J. Spinelli, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Screen shut down at different intervals

Hi David,

This has something to do with the Display settings of your Computer.

To set when the Turn off the Display, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button on the desktop, then select Settings.
    • Open PC and devices (or System).
    • Select Power and sleep.
    • Under Screen, choose Never from the dropdown list.

This should prevent your screen from turning off at different intervals.

Regards.

Ronald San, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Preventing Win10 From Moving Programs to Different Screen After Sleep?

Preventing sleep on laptop/monitor

Hi Tricia,

In order to help you with your concern about preventing your Windows 10 not to go to sleep mode, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current Build and Version of your Windows 10 PC? To know these information follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small box will appear showing the current Build and
      Version
      of your PC.

(Should you need to update your PC, you may click on this
    link
    . This will also show you the update history for Windows 10.)

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly post it here.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

You may utilize the troubleshooting suggestions from the post of
    Aleksandr 10 in this thread, to remedy the
    automatic sleep that your device is displaying. This link has been helpful to a lot of Community members who had the same concern and may also be helpful in the issue at hand.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Preventing Win10 From Moving Programs to Different Screen After Sleep?

1. Preventing Win10 From Moving Programs to Different Screen After Sleep? - Similar Threads - Preventing Win10 Moving

2. Fingerprint prevents laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fingerprint prevents laptop from sleep: Hello,I have a problem with my hello fingerprint. After putting my laptop to sleep it will wake up on it's own and fingerprint sensor keeps working. I keep getting the message "your device couldn't recognize you. Try cleaning your fingerprint sensor" and it keeps refreshing...
  3. Preventing a computer from going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preventing a computer from going to sleep: With everyone working remotely, I worked hard to make sure that our computers at the office never went to sleep. There used to be separate sections on the Power and Sleep settings allowing you to tell the computer to never go to sleep. Well an update must have gone out and...
  4. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe prevents PC from sleeping

MoUsoCoreWorker.exe prevents PC from sleeping: Windows 10, 64-bit, 2004 PC is refusing to sleep, even when I press the power button. Start menu -> Power -> Sleep/Hibernate does not work either -- screen went black but came back in a few seconds. > powercfg /requests EXECUTION: [PROCESS]...
  5. Prevent the hdmi from going to sleep

Prevent the hdmi from going to sleep: HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0686no I have two monitors connected. Another DVI port and another HDMI port.I want the DVI port to go to sleep and the HDMI port to stay active when the monitor is in sleep mode.I listen to music and watch movies through the HDMI port and...
  6. A program is preventing from shutdown

A program is preventing from shutdown: One program is preventing from shutdown it was not visible clearly at it disappears in seconds, in safe mode it was fine.this problem occurs after removing some default windows software from power shell i have restored all of them through power shell command still the problem...
  7. Prevent starting program from moving to foreground

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Prevent starting program from moving to foreground: Hey there, is there a way to prevent an opening program from moving to the foreground and to keep it staying in the background until I choose to work with it? For example, usually after boot up I open Chrome and Steam. Obviously, Steam is gonna take a little longer to open...
  8. Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep

Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep: Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep... My laptop has forgotten how to sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preventing-laptop-from-going-to-shutdown-after/8b921561-ada1-4c25-9764-508dfc615bab
  9. Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preventing laptop from going to shutdown after putting it to sleep: when i make my laptop sleep and open it after some time it is already shut down, it never opens from where i left it what must i do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preventing-laptop-from-going-to-shutdown-after/d1107476-8cba-4411-a25a-ce29088e1cf4
  10. Prevent Win10 from waking device?

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent Win10 from waking device?: Hello, all device i updated to 10 (anniversary edition) wake from sleep by themselves & i'm not sure why. I checked events history but couldn't identify. Certainly related to (windows) update. How do i stop this? Thank you! 60731