Windows 10: Preventing Windows 10 from sleeping/turning off

Discus and support Preventing Windows 10 from sleeping/turning off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello Community, I try to download a 70GB game I just bought from the Microsoft store (sorry but the store is horrible compared to steam and any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CFM_90, Jan 19, 2019.

1. CFM_90 Win User

Preventing Windows 10 from sleeping/turning off

Hello Community,

I try to download a 70GB game I just bought from the Microsoft store (sorry but the store is horrible compared to steam and any other game distributing platform).

My PC decides to go to sleep, or any other form of shut down (monitor goes black, PC does not react to keyboard or mouse input, pushing the power button does nothing. The LED of my power button signaling me the pc is up and running (fans are running too)). All settings in the power options are deactivated (do not go to sleep, do not turn off the hard drive etc.).

What can I do? What kind of information do you need to identify the problem?

Best regards

:)

CFM_90, Jan 19, 2019

2. Preventing sleep on laptop/monitor

Hi Tricia,

In order to help you with your concern about preventing your Windows 10 not to go to sleep mode, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current Build and Version of your Windows 10 PC? To know these information follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small box will appear showing the current Build and
      Version
      of your PC.

(Should you need to update your PC, you may click on this
    link
    . This will also show you the update history for Windows 10.)

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly post it here.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

You may utilize the troubleshooting suggestions from the post of
    Aleksandr 10 in this thread, to remedy the
    automatic sleep that your device is displaying. This link has been helpful to a lot of Community members who had the same concern and may also be helpful in the issue at hand.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 19, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Windows 10 PC, issues with sleep and slow boots

@Mussels Welcome to the most widespread, yet elusive to pin down problem plaguing W10 even with SSD's! (meaning it's not your HDD)

You can googlebing to your heart's content and try every wild-assed fix out there, but you'll only make a dent in your frustration level.

What has MOSTLY helped me is turning off hibernation by turning off all sleep and power saving options in Windows, and turning off fast boot by deleting hiberfil through the CMD line (as an admin).

Now it only hangs on boot or restart 1 out of 5 times. LOL, and I call that progress. I have two steps to take that look like they might be promising.

I'm going to disable all power saving features in BIOS, and try a new BIOS which was released after W10.

No one, including M$ has figured it out yet. Some of the speculative fixes you'll find come from their own forums where so-called Windows experts seem to be the most clueless of everyone.

Anyway, I listed what has helped me somewhat after 4 weeks.

rtwjunkie, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Preventing Windows 10 from sleeping/turning off - Similar Threads - Preventing sleeping turning

2. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off: I have a desktop pc that is also my home media server, so it needs to be on most of the time. One of them is an OLED so I get it them to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity. I use powercfg -requests to see what is preventing them from turning off and for the last couple of...
  3. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off: I have a desktop pc that is also my home media server, so it needs to be on most of the time. One of them is an OLED so I get it them to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity. I use powercfg -requests to see what is preventing them from turning off and for the last couple of...
  4. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off: My laptop now does not turn off display or go to sleep after the specific time in the power settings. When i run powercfg -requests, it tells me the following:DISPLAY:[PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegSvcs.exeSYSTEM:[PROCESS]...
  6. regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off: My laptop now does not turn off display or go to sleep after the specific time in the power settings. When i run powercfg -requests, it tells me the following:DISPLAY:[PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegSvcs.exeSYSTEM:[PROCESS]...
  7. regsvcs.exe preventing laptop from sleeping or turning display off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off: [ATTACH]You might have seen that the screen display turns off automatically when you leave […] This article How to prevent Windows 10 screen display from turning off first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Keyboard prevents display from turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard prevents display from turning off: I use Microsoft comfort keyboard 5050. When I am trying to turn off my display,a few seconds later it turns on again. It is an ongoing issue problem. So I had to unplug the usb...
  10. Prevent sleep mode from turning off WiFi adapter?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Prevent sleep mode from turning off WiFi adapter?: Just within the last week or two, so I'm guessing that a Windows 10 update is the culprit, when my laptop goes into sleep mode, which it does dozens of times throughout the day as I travel from account to account, Windows is not turning off the WiFi adaptor. Thus, every time...