Windows 10: Preventing Windows locking pc when display is off when Windows Hello i

Discus and support Preventing Windows locking pc when display is off when Windows Hello i in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Like the title said, is there a to prevent windows from locking my pc after the screen timeout?Its not related to dynamic lock and the setting is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by heartog, May 4, 2021.

1. heartog Win User

Preventing Windows locking pc when display is off when Windows Hello i

Like the title said, is there a to prevent windows from locking my pc after the screen timeout?Its not related to dynamic lock and the setting is screensaver settings. Require sign-in everytime menu is grayed out also Windows 10 20H2

:)

heartog, May 4, 2021
  2. heartog Win User

sleep was already set to never, but when i press a key on the keyboard the wake the screen, the PC is locked. happens on 2 different laptops on 2 different microsoft accounts. I would only be like that when windows hello is enabled (fingerprint/IR)

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...7-38a2dca1a105 this person is having the same issue as me

heartog, May 4, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 4, 2021
  4. heartog Win User

Like the title said, is there a to prevent windows from locking my pc after the screen timeout?Its not related to dynamic lock and the setting is screensaver settings. Require sign-in everytime menu is grayed out also

Windows 10 20H2

heartog, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Preventing Windows locking pc when display is off when Windows Hello i - Similar Threads - Preventing locking display

2. In Windows 11, how to prevent Windows logging off when the screen turns off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11, how to prevent Windows logging off when the screen turns off?: I'm using a laptop and I don't want the computer to log off when the screen turns off.I need this because I'm using various background programs and access shared files in the laptop from another computer, but I don't need the laptop's screen to be simultaneously open and as...
  3. In Windows 11, how to prevent Windows logging off when the screen turns off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows 11, how to prevent Windows logging off when the screen turns off?: I'm using a laptop and I don't want the computer to log off when the screen turns off.I need this because I'm using various background programs and access shared files in the laptop from another computer, but I don't need the laptop's screen to be simultaneously open and as...
  4. Windows 10 Laptop Throttling When Display is Off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Laptop Throttling When Display is Off: I've recently had a Windows 10 laptop (Asus UX461) serving as a media server slow way down when its display turns off (to be clear, the laptop is not sleeping; the display is simply off). I've also noticed that Windows 10 Power features in Control Panel have next to no...
  5. Display does not turn off when pc is idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display does not turn off when pc is idle: Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I have try just about everything but I am still having the same issue as before. Microsoft does not help solve it....
  6. Display does not turn off when pc is idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display does not turn off when pc is idle: Dear Microsoft support center, Since the computer downloaded one of your updates, I have been having issues with my laptop computer. The screen saver mode doesn’t work, and the screen remains on when it is on idle windows 10. I have tried step by step what Microsoft...
  7. Windows hello lock screen when display goes off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows hello lock screen when display goes off.: I want windows to lock my computer when the display goes off. Is there a way to do so? I'm using windows 10 home. submitted by /u/MononcGeek [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f3dqw4/windows_hello_lock_screen_when_display_goes_off/
  8. Windows seems to disable displays or renderers when locked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows seems to disable displays or renderers when locked: Hey, So I have Windows 10 PC set up to run a game and do some logging with Task scheduler. It is timed to happen during the night, while the PC is locked. The task launches successfully and starts the game, but as the game launches I see renderer failure messages in the...
  9. Windows Hello locks the computer when the display goes off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Hello locks the computer when the display goes off: I just bought a new laptop and as always configure the power plan so the SCREEN ONLY turns off after 1 minute. However since this laptop has a fingerprint sensor and I enrolled a fingerprint, it locks the computer so i have to provide the password/pin/fingerprint after 1...
  10. How do I prevent Display from turning off when playing audio? POWERCFG

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I prevent Display from turning off when playing audio? POWERCFG: I recently installed the iHeart Radio app on my Windows 10 PC. After 10 minutes my PC Display turned off. Seems the app doesn't keep the PC Display from turning off. In my power settings, I have my display set to turn off after 10 minutes and computer to sleep to never. How...